Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    "The mental toughness of Lewis Hamilton to endure year after year the pressures may be understated and this makes him one of the greatest drivers of all time."

So , was this over the top , too , then ?

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    "The mental toughness of Lewis Hamilton to endure year after year the pressures may be understated and this makes him one of the greatest drivers of all time."

I think it's safe to say this year was probably tougher on both Lewis and Max then most years would have been on anyone in recent history. And we have to keep in mind that the quote came from Marko, not Max. So while Marko might have been thinking it, Max might have been counting money and knowing all along he would do it again, regardless of how tough it could be.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I think it's safe to say this year was probably tougher on both Lewis and Max then most years would have been on anyone in recent history. And we have to keep in mind that the quote came from Marko, not Max. So while Marko might have been thinking it, Max might have been counting money and knowing all along he would do it again, regardless of how tough it could be.
    Yep, that sounds more likely..

Marko - 'i know its only a 10% increase on your current contract but you have burned your bridges with Merc and both Ferrari seats look to be taken long term, so where else could you go?'

Max - ' Perhaps.. but you know it's been a really tough season, I'm exhausted.. maybe I will stop'

Marko - ' No, no.. it's ok, we will go with the 50% increase for the new contract then...

The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

4. Likes: airshifter (7th March 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yep, that sounds more likely..

Marko - 'i know its only a 10% increase on your current contract but you have burned your bridges with Merc and both Ferrari seats look to be taken long term, so where else could you go?'

Max - ' Perhaps.. but you know it's been a really tough season, I'm exhausted.. maybe I will stop'

Marko - ' No, no.. it's ok, we will go with the 50% increase for the new contract then...

I hadn't really thought about it in the sense of a possible negotiation scheme. But if so, it worked well for Max.

Maybe Lewis just knows to keep quiet until he's made his decisions, and thus the reason for the media blackout. Max might not have learned that lesson yet, or as above.... it might have been negotiation games.

Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    And how long will Hamilton continue?

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post

I wasn't questioning the toughness of either of them .
    I figured both would be back .

I wonder if it's tougher for a back marker , really .

My point was that perhaps the mental toughness of Lewis Hamilton isn't understated at all because Max didn't quit , and perhaps never really thought about quitting at all , so maybe it doesn't specifically make him one of the greatest drivers of all time .
    I reacted to the "gushing" in the quote .

Top money goes to the guys that must deliver .
    I'm sorry if I don't feel sorry for them if they can't do the job .