Thread: Bye bye Masi

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

Bye bye Masi

The FIA replaces Michael Masi with two replacements that would alternately direct race weekends. Goes to show what an incredible Race Director Charlie Whiting was. He did that job for twenty-two years with steadfast adherence to the letter of the regulations.

Lightweight Masi takes the job and causes a colossal error that in effect alters the outcome of the 2021 driver's championship within two seasons of taking charge of a full season and he still keeps a job in the FIA. I, for one, am one of the many jubilating at his removal. What a waste of space.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    F*ck him. Zero sympathy- no loss.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Ba-bye
    May the forza be with you

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    The FIA replaces Michael Masi with two replacements that would alternately direct race weekends. Goes to show what an incredible Race Director midasbuyrent a car dubaiblue world cityzameenCharlie Whiting was. He did that job for twenty-two years with steadfast adherence to the letter of the regulations.

Lightweight Masi takes the job and causes a colossal error that in effect alters the outcome of the 2021 driver's championship within two seasons of taking charge of a full season and he still keeps a job in the FIA. I, for one, am one of the many jubilating at his removal. What a waste of space.
    do you think it is a good move to replace him?

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    The FIA replaces Michael Masi with two replacements that would alternately direct race weekends. Goes to show what an incredible Race Director Charlie Whiting was. He did that job for twenty-two years with steadfast adherence to the letter of the regulations.

Too harsh.

As you say, Charlie Whiting held the job for many years. Masi inherited the position without much disruption or controversy really.

Maybe the F1 rules needed to be tweaked long before.

Maybe lapped cars should have no further effect on a race outcome such that when a car is lapped it is pitted and position noted.

I hope that these new regs will bring the field closer together. That is where the real problem was.

Liked 1,369 Times in 712 Posts
    No one here that think Toto and some of the other team managers sounds like children nagging to their father, when something does not go your way?

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Mr. Masi could , and perhaps should take the reaction of the FIA as a kind of show of respect .
    Although they did mention "human error" in the report , I've read they didn't mention him by name .

The most obvious aspect of the reaction that should make him feel better about all this is that they have replaced his sole position with two guys who have an assistant who assisted his mentor , and a roomful of people watching video also assisting .
    You could say he was one doing the job of ten .

8. Likes: Whyzars (20th March 2022)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    No one here that think Toto and some of the other team managers sounds like children nagging to their father, when something does not go your way?
    Yes I agree. And at some point it was almost every team that did it. They have already addressed that particular issue though, and direct communication with the race director will not be taking place this year. I'm glad for the change myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Mr. Masi could , and perhaps should take the reaction of the FIA as a kind of show of respect .
    Although they did mention "human error" in the report , I've read they didn't mention him by name .

The most obvious aspect of the reaction that should make him feel better about all this is that they have replaced his sole position with two guys who have an assistant who assisted his mentor , and a roomful of people watching video also assisting .
    You could say he was one doing the job of ten .
    Well Baggy, just because he was doing the job of 4-5 people doesn't give an excuse that he every made a human error, and it certainly doesn't fit into any conspiracy theories about him being paid off by a team or something. So hop on the hate train and show your true disgust for the man! He's nothing but a soft, wishy washy, easily influenced human that was on the take from the word go, and engineered a WDC throughout the season due to the fact that Lewis couldn't be touched by any mere mortal!

But yeah, I agree with you. The guy was overloaded, tried to finish the race under green, and all hell broke loose from the fans. I'm glad they got some help for the position, and at least the FIA reassigned him. Many of the blind fans would remain in whatever camp they support regardless of the outcome, and really it just came down to human error. The WDC really means nothing to me, so it was far from the end of my world. My personal opinion on driver performance won't change due to any officials outcomes, so it makes my life easy that way.

10. Likes: Bagwan (20th March 2022)