Page 59 of 60 FirstFirst ... 94957585960 LastLast
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    And talking about Latvala again, “At the end of last year we focused on the development, just to make a really strong car and not optimising the performance,” he told WRC.com. “We decided we wanted to make a car which is just reliable and then when we have more time, we try to optimise the performance. “We could see that [the previous round in] Sardinia was an example where our performance was not the best but then here we see the reliability side, which was really important and needed. The engineers have done a really good work.”

I do not think that Toyota was lacking performance in Sardinia. If I remember correctly their main problem on the Italian rocky dustroads was mainly cooling related.

https://www.wrc.com/en/news/2022/wrc...aris-strategy/ (note: in the big team winners photo you can spot center stage Toyota Gazoo Racing technical director Tom Fowler. That man is really deserving all the praise with their current Rally1 car)
    Last edited by Sergiow; 29th June 2022 at 14:32.

2. Likes: Eli (4th July 2022),MentalParadox (29th June 2022),steve.mandzij (29th June 2022)
    Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCUziUK5Wo When watching the video of Neuville getting stuck in the mud it seems that the main cause was that he was taking too much speed in the corner, got off camber and eventually got stuck. Whatever, I admire his all or nothing approach here since he had nothing to lose
    [/URL]
    He wasn't stuck but flooded the engine with water, the air intake on the Hyundai worked like a vacuum cleaner
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 156 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    He wasn't stuck but flooded the engine with water, the air intake on the Hyundai worked like a vacuum cleaner
    If only there was some kind of ingenious way of managing air intake that would prevent the engine from drowning in water or feshfesh

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalParadox View Post
    If only there was some kind of ingenious way of managing air intake that would prevent the engine from drowning in water or feshfesh
    The circular vent on the front of the i20 bonnet was an unfortunate design for this rally, but they clearly didnt feel it was worth changing it if it made the performance worse on all the other rallies.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    The circular vent on the front of the i20 bonnet was an unfortunate design for this rally, but they clearly didnt feel it was worth changing it if it made the performance worse on all the other rallies.
    This being a quote from George Donaldson in Dirtfish podcast

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    This being a quote from George Donaldson in Dirtfish podcast
    I read and listen to so much that I dont keep a record of the source of every bit of info I remember.

Liked 535 Times in 190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    When watching the video of Neuville getting stuck in the mud it seems that the main cause was that he was taking too much speed in the corner, got off camber and eventually got stuck. Whatever, I admire his all or nothing approach here since he had nothing to lose
    But that isn’t the way to drive on black cotton and is asking for getting stuck. Higher gears and lower revs is what you need to keep the momentum up. And momentum is everything.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

9. Likes: cali (1st July 2022),Eli (2nd July 2022),pantealex (1st July 2022),Sergiow (2nd July 2022),WRC1 (1st July 2022)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by J4MIE View Post
    But that isn’t the way to drive on black cotton and is asking for getting stuck. Higher gears and lower revs is what you need to keep the momentum up. And momentum is everything.
    Thanks for your valuable feedback as a driver, me just a simple armchair onlooker. But I try to understand more about what you see and what is really going on. Probably the WRC drivers have some ability which makes them outstanding in some cases but are still prone to making errors

Liked 585 Times in 308 Posts
    M-SPORT CALLS FOR SAFARI ROUTE RETHINK
    RICHARD MILLENER SAYS THE LEVELS OF FESH-FESH IN 2022 WILL PUT OFF COMPETITORS FROM RETURNING NEXT YEAR
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/m-spo...route-rethink/

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    “Séb Ogier and all the other drivers were pulling all the air intake system off and going round various cooling systems on the car with a little homemade vacuum cleaner with a flexible hose on either end, vacuuming out all the dust – and it was significant quantities of dust coming out so they were doing a huge amount of work in between the stages,” he explained.

“I think that’s probably where Toyota got a bit of a bite at it, I think they were on the front-foot on all those kinds of things – led I have to say categorically by Séb Ogier. Brilliant, absolutely brilliant.”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/exami...t-worry-about/