Page 4 of 60 FirstFirst ... 234561454 ... LastLast
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Welcome back J4MIE!
    Thanks

I will be co-driving in car no 41 so will see what I can report..... probably very rough Luckily I've done a few of the stages on previous Safari Rallies, and know the area quite well, so calming the nerves a bit...

Hopefully be an updated entry list soon. Raaji Bharij (#23) has had to withdraw as his Skoda seems to have missed the shipping connection so won't arrive in time

The organisers announced a National event a few days ago but I haven't heard any details about it.

My friend on the ground says the rains arrived late this year and it's still raining every day, so will be interesting to see what happens over the next week or so...
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

2. Likes: AnttiL (15th June 2022),cali (15th June 2022),dimviii (15th June 2022),Eli (15th June 2022),pantealex (16th June 2022),Rally Hokkaido (17th June 2022),the sniper (16th June 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://itgetsfasternow.com/2022/06/...ri-rally-2022/

Route preview. The two new stages are driven on proper gravel roads so the nature of the rally changes a bit, especially with the most sinuous forest track stage Chui Lodge being removed.

4. Likes: er88 (16th June 2022),J4MIE (19th June 2022),steve.mandzij (15th June 2022),Tom K (16th June 2022)

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

Route preview. The two new stages are driven on proper gravel roads so the nature of the rally changes a bit, especially with the most sinuous forest track stage Chui Lodge being removed.
    Too bad, I liked Chui Lodge since it was so different.

Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Too bad, I liked Chui Lodge since it was so different.
    Agree, I liked the look of the stage and always nice to have a bit of variety, not just from event to event but within events too.
    I'll be staying at Chui Lodge so would've been perfect for day 1 recce to start a few hundred metres away But get that for recce day 2 at Oserian I guess

Organisers confirmed me today so just waiting for an amended entry list, shame I miss having my name in the program etc I fly out on Friday just before it all kicks off, think I am just about prepped for the rally but I better start packing
    Last edited by J4MIE; 16th June 2022 at 00:23.

I think Oserian is quite similar to Chui Lodge, just not as slow and twisty. But I like the variety that the two new stages bring for being run on roads as opposed to off-road tracks. In a way it's more like the old Safaris. You have a road but you still can't go flat out because there's potholes and dips.

9. Likes: Tom K (16th June 2022)
    Liked 310 Times in 150 Posts
    Antti - great job as always. Only one remainder - shakedown in Safari is on Wednesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    Antti - great job as always. Only one remainder - shakedown in Safari is on Wednesday.
    You're right! And super special kicks off already on Thursday afternoon! I need to fix that, thanks!

Liked 2,278 Times in 1,071 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post

Great detail about the stages again Antii. A tiny suggestion I'd have for future (which you're obviously entitled to ignore), is to maybe include the exact stage length - either next to the stage names or after the full description of the stage.

I know you touch on the lengths of the stages and go into great detail about how a stage changes character at a certain point, or turns off onto a new piece of road at x km etc etc, but sometimes after reading a stage description I'm still left wanting to know the exact length

13. Likes: AnttiL (17th June 2022),Corcaíoch (17th June 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Great detail about the stages again Antii. A tiny suggestion I'd have for future (which you're obviously entitled to ignore), is to maybe include the exact stage length - either next to the stage names or after the full description of the stage.

I know you touch on the lengths of the stages and go into great detail about how a stage changes character at a certain point, or turns off onto a new piece of road at x km etc etc, but sometimes after reading a stage description I'm still left wanting to know the exact length
    Yeah, would be a nice addition but I guess I always assume the reader has the full itinerary at hand through my rally-maps link or something else. Copying the lenghts would take some extra work from my limited time. Also, sometimes the stage lengths change slightly at the last minute so I don't want to supply false information. But thanks!

15. Likes: cali (17th June 2022),er88 (17th June 2022)