Page 57 of 60 FirstFirst ... 7475556575859 ... LastLast
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Thierry Neuville 9/10
    Safari Rally Kenya result: 5th
    Here’s an incredible stat: Neuville scored only five points fewer than Rovanperä in Kenya. Their rallies couldn’t have been more different – one running smoothly, quickly and with consistency; the other wrestling a car that refused to work properly and eventually ended up getting planted into a tree.

Neuville keeps having rallies this year that, on paper, look like absolute train wrecks – and yet he somehow salvages something out of it and maintains his second place in the championship.

It was a familiar script for the five-time championship runner-up on Friday. An air filter problem left him down on both power and patience – not that he had much coming into the Safari Rally, given Hyundai’s reliability record.

Then came a sequence of mad events late on Saturday. His alternator failed; he repaired it. His car stalled twice on Sleeping Warrior; he got it going again. But he didn’t get very far, smacking the i20 N Rally1 nose-first into a tree.

It didn’t even matter in the grand scheme of things. He’d lost so much time with the stalling issue that the podium was already long gone before that tree came into view. At that exact moment, there was no point being careful – getting a 10-minute super rally penalty was hardly going to be worse than the stoppages he’d already faced.

It’s clear that Neuville is pretty much in the form of his life right now – but yet again his own car was the biggest obstacle to success.

Liked 601 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    Thierry Neuville 9/10
    Here’s an incredible stat: Neuville scored only 10 points fewer than Rovanperä in Kenya.
    Not that incredible on revision, it's how the points work. Give Thierry one stage he will deliver, but give him a rally...

3. Likes: cali (27th June 2022)
    Liked 1,463 Times in 836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/alasd...river-ratings/

Neuville 9 and Tänak 7 is a mystery to me, funny calculation from him to Ott while forgetting he lost bunch of time with the gearshift. I mean 7 is totally fair, but Neuville 9 surprises me

Ogier 9?
    Ogier 9 with Formaux & Greensmith 4 & 1? How exactly did Formaux get a better score? Baffles me each time.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Thierry Neuville 9/10
    Here’s an incredible stat: Neuville scored only five points fewer than Rovanperä in Kenya. Their rallies couldn’t have been more different – one running smoothly, quickly and with consistency; the other wrestling a car that refused to work properly and eventually ended up getting planted into a tree.

Neuville keeps having rallies this year that, on paper, look like absolute train wrecks – and yet he somehow salvages something out of it and maintains his second place in the championship.

It was a familiar script for the five-time championship runner-up on Friday. An air filter problem left him down on both power and patience – not that he had much coming into the Safari Rally, given Hyundai’s reliability record.

Then came a sequence of mad events late on Saturday. His alternator failed; he repaired it. His car stalled twice on Sleeping Warrior; he got it going again. But he didn’t get very far, smacking the i20 N Rally1 nose-first into a tree.

It didn’t even matter in the grand scheme of things. He’d lost so much time with the stalling issue that the podium was already long gone before that tree came into view. At that exact moment, there was no point being careful – getting a 10-minute super rally penalty was hardly going to be worse than the stoppages he’d already faced.

It’s clear that Neuville is pretty much in the form of his life right now – but yet again his own car was the biggest obstacle to success.
    Actually he scored 10 points less than Rovanperä with the Finn taking 25 points to his 15.

6. Likes: cali (27th June 2022)
    Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Give Thierry one stage he will deliver, but give him a rally...
    If you give him a rally with a car that doesn't fall apart because of a breeze, he can deliver. His 2nd place in the championship is a big overachievement, considering he had problems on his car independent from the driver on 5 rallies out of 6, so far.

8. Likes: dimviii (27th June 2022),MentalParadox (29th June 2022),steve.mandzij (28th June 2022),WRCStan (27th June 2022)
    Liked 601 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    How exactly did Formaux get a better score? Baffles me each time.
    Because Fx actually finished a rally and increased his championship points haul by 50%, to within one point of one-shot Veiby. Performance/Expectation ratio is different for each driver and here, the higher score is not kinder.

Liked 244 Times in 100 Posts
    Thierry Neuville 9/10

the Joke of the Rallye.....Neuville 9 Points out of 10 despite crashing into a tree.......Formaux then should get 11 points for Monte...
    Juha Kankkunen: "The speed was o.K., but the corner was to tight"
    Marcus Grönholm: "... tell corrado .... three gears are enough..! "

11. Likes: cali (28th June 2022),Eli (27th June 2022),EstWRC (27th June 2022)
    Liked 576 Times in 209 Posts
    I’ve seen the video of Neuville getting stuck. It’s pretty much the best example I’ve seen of exactly how to get stuck. Completely useless.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

13. Likes: cali (28th June 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Because Fx actually finished a rally and increased his championship points haul by 50%, to within one point of one-shot Veiby. Performance/Expectation ratio is different for each driver and here, the higher score is not kinder.
    Imho, I don't think any of them have done particularly well, and the only reason Fx increased his championship haul by 50% was because it was only his second time getting points this season, not that I'm implying Greensmith was any better, I just would've given them the same (low) score, that's all.

Liked 172 Times in 99 Posts
    Serderidis can get a T-Shirt saying "I entered the Safari rally and beat Seb Loeb".

Breen can get a T-Shirt saying "I beat Serderidis".

Strange world.

16. Likes: MentalParadox (29th June 2022)