Page 3 of 98 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    but not mentioning at all his Spa 2022 WEC race last week
    probably he was expecting more.

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    I think a driver like Ogier won't have problems getting used to the car and being at the top after few SS.
    Maybe he does feel disappointed with how tough Spa was for him. In other disciplines he's certainly more "human" than in rallying.

3. Likes: WRC1 (14th May 2022)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Seems like he has trouble adapting to WEC, here is a link to interview of Ogier with Belgian RTBF during the Spa WEC weekend where he goes in great detail about the difference between WEC and WRC

What's the most difficult?

"The use of tires is something very sensitive, even more so than with us in rallying. I don't have the experience, so I don't have the understanding yet. I had made a visualization of the car perhaps even better than it is, I tend to expect a little too much from the car and therefore over-drive it. It's one of the things in which I'm improving and where I still have to improve with the short time I have on the track. This is clearly a parameter that I had not anticipated."
    www.rtbf.be/article/sebastien-ogier-un-homme-heureux-10990222

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Oliver livery

6. Likes: er88 (15th May 2022),EstWRC (15th May 2022),pantealex (18th May 2022),Rallyper (16th May 2022),Sulland (17th May 2022),the sniper (16th May 2022),wyler (15th May 2022)
    Liked 2,117 Times in 916 Posts
    Found out today, that there is no service on Friday.
    Another great idea, first proper gravel rally on rough Portugal roads with new cars and let's gamble again..

8. Likes: AndyRAC (16th May 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

Rally Portugal 2022

Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    Another great idea, first proper gravel rally on rough Portugal roads with new cars and let's gamble again..
    It’s a quite short day…same route as last year

Liked 12,206 Times in 5,240 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    It’s a quite short day…same route as last year
    route can be same but cars are different, and Fridays stages are rougher than on Saturday if im not mistaken.

Anyway, finally back on gravel, crazy to think the last time we had gravel rally was last years Rally Finland in October! The absence of Mexico and Argentina definitely hurts in that sense.

In my eyes the favourites for the win are Ogier and Tänak, both with good starting positions, we know Ogiers record here, although he won last time in 2017. Tänak won in 2019 and was leading last year by 22 secs before the suspension failure. Loeb and Kalle are dark horses for the win, Loebs gravel form is kinda unknown at this point and Kalle is gonna struggle on first day but the question is how much? The guy is in such a form that i think even if he looses like 25 secs after Friday he can take it back with Saturday, depends of starting position again.

Breen is gonna struggle again i think, like in Monte he doesnt have the experience. Gus said he wants his first podium from here but i think he chose completely wrong event for that with Loeb, Ogier, Sordo in the list amongst regulars + Tänak and Evans having good starting positions. Evans is another big question mark, what can he do? Last year he won but he isnt in good shape this year.

And the class of WRC2, man thats gonna be interesting as hell too.

We're gonna have an amazing rally i think.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

11. Likes: AnttiL (17th May 2022),dimviii (16th May 2022)
    Liked 2,275 Times in 1,069 Posts
    If Evans wants the championship he has to win I'm afraid. For the pts first and foremost (as there's potentially a fair few drivers that can get inbetween him and Kalle, what with Loeb, Ogier, Tanak, Sordo, and even drivers like Greensmith fancying their chances). But also for his own confidence...., Croatia was a strange rally for him but he was on the pace in Monte and Sweden.

However I can't see past Ogier. He's waited to start this far back for years and is looking to make a statement

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    route can be same but cars are different, and Fridays stages are rougher than on Saturday if im not mistaken.
    My point was that it's not "another great idea", they had the same route base already in 2019. The Coimbra area stages are too far from the service park, they can't have a midday service. And otherwise we would have to drop Arganil and the other great stages from that area and redesign the route. But yeah, 121 km with no service is a long way to go. On Saturday you have then two 80 km loops, so this is quite an endurance rally by today's standards!

I agree with the rest of your post. Ogier, Evans, Tänak and Sordo are my favourites for the win. It could be down to luck who wins. I think Rovanperä will struggle, Loeb will not be as strong as in Monte. Difficult to say for the youngsters like Greensmith and Katsuta, who have promised to show some pace. We could see strong stage times but also crashes.

Breen hasn't started a technical gravel rally with WRC since Catalunya 2018 so he's totally down on experience. The other drivers have done the new Friday stages twice, but for him they are completely new. And even his starting position doesn't give that much advantage.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 17th May 2022 at 06:57.

14. Likes: pantealex (18th May 2022)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    seems to be quite usual nowadays, Sardegna also has a day with remote service only...