Page 42 of 53 FirstFirst ... 32404142434452 ... LastLast
    Liked 613 Times in 326 Posts
    39kms, it'd still take a brave man to put money on a Tanak and Gryazin double.

2. Likes: AnttiL (4th June 2022)
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    39kms, it'd still take a brave man to put money on a Tanak and Gryazin double.
    I'm sure you're not the only one yet I still hope Hyundai manage to get that first win with the car, they need it desperately.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

4. Likes: AnttiL (4th June 2022),WRCStan (4th June 2022)
    Liked 613 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    I'm sure you're not the only one yet I still hope Hyundai manage to get that first win with the car, they need it desperately.
    Agreed, as does the wider championship.

6. Likes: AnttiL (4th June 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Agreed, as does the wider championship.
    Definitely, they could make up at least 20 points on Toyota, since Fourmaux's accident handed Rovanperä fifth place.

After all that's gone before during this rally, would you guys replace Sardegna to bring back (just for example) Wales Rally GB? and in Sardegna's place bring back Greece to it's 'traditional' slot? while Australia/New-Zealand take Greece's slot in September?

Liked 1,045 Times in 303 Posts

10. Likes: belas (5th June 2022),dimviii (4th June 2022),Eli (4th June 2022),EstWRC (4th June 2022)
    Liked 306 Times in 158 Posts
    After all that's gone before during this rally, would you guys replace Sardegna to bring back (just for example) Wales Rally GB? and in Sardegna's place bring back Greece to it's 'traditional' slot? while Australia/New-Zealand take Greece's slot in September?
    Australia and New Zealand rallies should both be included
    Things happen for reasons, not excuses.

12. Likes: Eli (5th June 2022),raybak (5th June 2022)
    Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Absolutely true - Good for the manufacturer's championship, and more important than not good for Tanak. However bear in mind that Hyundai has been VERY lucky on this one as would the last 2 stage not be canceled Friday, Tanak would have certainly lost a minute or so (which he could have gained back given his pace, but at the expense of potentially more technical failures). Anyways, after being amongst the unluckiest of drivers over the past year or so, it is well deserved !

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    With a 13-round calendar and changing anything else than exiting Sardegna, I would take Mexico without a doubt (and back in its traditional calendar to avoid a 2-month break): no impact on the gravel/tarmac balance, some experience and a real will to make WRC return (see Rally of Nations in April)
    And for sure, the comeback to America so that the championship will be in all continents. And as island rally is quite expensive already, the cost increase would not be awful for teams.
    A bit more skeptical about Argentina’s ability even if greater history so I would take Mexico.

I think a 13-round with 4 abroad-rallies in each of the 4 other continents is a good balance so far in terms of cost/level/visibility. Maybe an opening for an additional one if in Europe so not too costly (San Remo or Barum would be the best candidates).
    In UK, Wales doesn’t seem to want funding again WRC so I don’t really see a comeback there.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 5th June 2022 at 00:54.

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/m-spo...ther-mistakes/

Partially true but sounds like a way to avoid the post-Croatia controversy again. Still think it will be complicated for him, he will have to be very careful in Kenya (even if it’s not necessarily a bad approach there to deliver a result) and he will come for the Estonia-Finland serie with no confidence.

In WRC-2, yeah, interesting to see what ŠKODA/Toksport will do: will they step back a little bit to wait the new car, will they get the new car faster or, on the contrary, will they delay the arrival of the new car to make additional tests with the biofuel?
    As their competitors are not really consistent, SKODA have 3 of the 5 remaining championship contenders I think (Kajto, Mikkelsen, Gryazin against Rossel & Suninen) + 1 or 2 jokers (Lindholm, Ingram). So the situation is not out of control for them at the moment.