Page 41 of 53 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    I am really wondering how much of the forum member currently commenting in this very topis are really in Sardegna at the moment? Seems to me a lot a armchair comments. Do they really now how big Autosport is here on this island? Just remember that the WRC Rally is here already from 2004, taking over from San Remo because the number of crowds got out of hand there. So playing the crowd card is just one of the big advantages having a rally on an Island. Politics you said? That is the very reason why this rally is so spread out from west to east and to the north of this Island. Tommi Makkinen was once critising the choice of WRC Sardegna but guess what, rumor was that he was not getting enough 5 stars rooms for his people. Money? Rumor is persistent that the best choice for the money about WRC Rally Italia would be Rome, max visibility, max crowded, plenty 5 stars hotels, everybody happy
    Last edited by Sergiow; 4th June 2022 at 17:27.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    None set a time on the last stage due to red flags. Give the stewards a few hours to think about it and they will add times.
    Good point, communications with Stewards was a weak point of friday. The viewpoint on SS9 where I was attending was manned by a marshall group from Genua because there are not enough marshalls from Sardegna itself to man all the points

Quote Originally Posted by Eli View Post
    Like someone once said, cash is king, and it's no exception here. I really hope they get the boot for next year but this being the FIA & the Promoter I seriously doubt anything will happen to the event, perhaps a slap on the wrist, I hope they prove me (us) wrong, but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.
    Maybe Adamo is right with his comment about the Service Parks. You should really see now the Service Park of Alghero on this very saturday night: it is brimming with people, there is sea breeze cooling things. Truly a festival mood and that is what WRC should be about in the 21st century, a friendly place where you can invite you guests and even impress that tourist who usually doesn't even know what WRC is. A fitting bridge here can be made with F1 which has made its transition to a guaranteed future: when Haas decided to enter the F1 it was in first place from commercial reasons, to invite partners alike and do business on each Grand Prix all over the world in the F1 paddock

Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    I am really wondering how much of the forum member currently commenting in this very topis are really in Sardegna at the moment? Seems to me a lot a armchair comments. Do they really now how big Autosport is here on this island? Just remember that the WRC Rally is here already from 2004, taking over from San Remo because the number of crowds got out of hand there. So playing the crowd card is just one of the big advantages having a rally on an Island. Politics you said? That is the very reason why this rally is so spread out from west to east and to the north of this Island. Tommi Makkinen was once critising the choice of WRC Sardegna but guess what, rumor was that he was not getting enough 5 stars rooms for his people. Money? Rumor is persistent that the best choice for the money about WRC Rally Italia would be Rome, max visibility, max crowded, plenty 5 stars hotels, everybody happy
    Please - try to base your statements on facts. Legally you may get some "invitation" for this kind of stuff.

Based on your logic - rally has been there forever - no new rallies could get a place? Rallies need to be developed and be up to date with quality and requirements, not standing on "the first run date". To have a nice history is just a nice thing, but should not be golden ticket to keep you running forever without improvements.

edit: and to be clear - my statement is against your "logic", not against the rally itself.

5. Likes: cali (4th June 2022),Eli (4th June 2022),EstWRC (4th June 2022)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Well, I remain on my idea that Fourmaux should take a rally off.
    Clearly, before this rally, it was very similar to Camilli’s 2016 season: 3 rallyes out of top 10, one low-paced rallye to get some confidence and then, one interesting rally but with this mistake, it’s even worse (the only point is that one of Fourmaux retirement was mechanical issue).
    And Fourmaux has less excuse than Camilli as he was more prepared to WRC main class (not saying «*enough*» but at least more prepared, yeah for sure).
    Actually, Loubet is clearly winning the fight and he should take a rally off to think on it. Not saying it’s a miracle solution but they must try something and except changing co-driver (or firing him but seems too early considering the investment), I don’t see.

All the more than they have at least 3 other drivers available in each rallies until Greece included. And they could even try another driver (Mikkelsen if a Red Bull compatible driver is needed because of the money, or giving an additional opportunity to Huttunen who is not awful so far considering the level of the car).
    Last edited by Danny0405; 4th June 2022 at 17:54.

7. Likes: steve.mandzij (4th June 2022)
    Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    E. Sordo, Breen and Tanak have been given the time of Rovanpera.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 4th June 2022 at 18:07.

9. Likes: cali (4th June 2022)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Breen and Tanak have been given the time of Sordo.
    Well bad choice again IMO as they gave them the time of Kalle apparently.
    They should give the Loubet-Greensmith time to Sordo-Tanak-Breen to «*neutralize*» this messy stage.
    Here Loubet sounds to leave 10s to Sordo in this mess.

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergiow View Post
    Maybe Adamo is right with his comment about the Service Parks. You should really see now the Service Park of Alghero on this very saturday night: it is brimming with people, there is sea breeze cooling things. Truly a festival mood and that is what WRC should be about in the 21st century, a friendly place where you can invite you guests and even impress that tourist who usually doesn't even know what WRC is. A fitting bridge here can be made with F1 which has made its transition to a guaranteed future: when Haas decided to enter the F1 it was in first place from commercial reasons, to invite partners alike and do business on each Grand Prix all over the world in the F1 paddock
    WRC rallies are not driven in SP. They are decided on stages. No further comment.
    Last edited by Rallyper; 4th June 2022 at 18:07.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

12. Likes: cali (4th June 2022),Eli (4th June 2022),Essaj (4th June 2022),EstWRC (4th June 2022),pantealex (4th June 2022),Tauri_J (4th June 2022)
    Liked 12,210 Times in 5,242 Posts
    they have corrected the times, TOP3 is the same as it was after SS16, no changes...Sordo, Breen and Tänak got the same time as Rovanperä

https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...sardegna-2022/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    they have corrected the times, TOP3 is the same as it was after SS16, no changes...Sordo, Breen and Tänak got the same time as Rovanperä

https://www.ewrc-results.com/results...sardegna-2022/
    I can't stress this enough, I hope each and everyone of the crews finish tomorrow as they are now.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig