Page 89 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3979878889909199 ... LastLast
    Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
    formula e foruns talking more and more about a hyundai rumor. wec hyperclass also being talked around. could we lose factory team in wrc? they have this new costumer program so i think we could still see hyundais doing rally (r1-, r2+ & r2)

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    “Getting rid of these cars is a really bad idea! They’re the best things we’ve ever had,”

Guess who said it.

https://rallyjournal.com/wrc-team-bo...ally-bad-idea/
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    These cars were going nowhere,fast. Getting rid of them was crucial for the survival of the championship. Group Bs were amazing cars, too. But, having fatal or life threatening accidents at every rally was simply not an option. Sometimes, the hard way is the only way.

4. Likes: J4MIE (1st April 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Is it only me that this doesn’t sound confident at all?

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/wrc-i...n-the-balance/

And the interview Cyril gave to Autohebdo this weekend sounded even more unsure
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Unless Korea gets a WRC round... yet Hankook are the major tyre company soon... I would say Hyundai out at the end of this season or...
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Unless Korea gets a WRC round... yet Hankook are the major tyre company soon... I would say Hyundai out at the end of this season or...
    Hopefully this will be like 2021 when we thought they’d leave although some 3 years have passed and no championship wins…not looking good.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

8. Likes: becher (30th March 2024)
    Liked 21 Times in 11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    “Getting rid of these cars is a really bad idea! They’re the best things we’ve ever had,”

Guess who said it.

https://rallyjournal.com/wrc-team-bo...ally-bad-idea/
    so they want a better rule set to be able to sell cars for the top class otherwide they are dead - which implies hybrids are too expensive for costumers - but they dont think the top class should get rid of hybrids cuz they are so fast. i honestly cant understand anything anymore at this point. some last week news also said hyundai was onboard with ditching the hybrids - they even started a new costumer program, which i honestly thought it was related to the new decision - just to say "well we actually dont know now". nothing makes sense anymore, no one knows what they want and no one knows what to do. this is so bad.

Liked 92 Times in 55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by saco0o View Post
    so they want a better rule set to be able to sell cars for the top class otherwide they are dead - which implies hybrids are too expensive for costumers - but they dont think the top class should get rid of hybrids cuz they are so fast. i honestly cant understand anything anymore at this point. some last week news also said hyundai was onboard with ditching the hybrids - they even started a new costumer program, which i honestly thought it was related to the new decision - just to say "well we actually dont know now". nothing makes sense anymore, no one knows what they want and no one knows what to do. this is so bad.

Yup. It seems to me to be either negotiation tactic, "excuse" to pullout or then the parent company has changed strategy and they know they will not get the budget or something if the hybrids go.

It is all big part of politics game.

Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Tänak doesnt hold his opinion back https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/tanak...under-control/

Tänak also raised a specific concern about the potential regulation change for the sport’s top two tiers, adding: “We are reducing a lot of power in Rally1 cars where the chassis and the roll cage is made for protection. And then we are putting a lot more power in a Rally2 car where you don’t have this kind of safety and things.

“I’m really surprised that these guys are happy to take this responsibility for these decisions.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: Atob WRC (1st April 2024),Katvala (1st April 2024)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    People already drive "Open Class" R5/Rally2 cars with more power (bigger restrictor) but the existing aero.

And of course they drive powerful Historic cars with quite poor safety.

It's up to drivers if they want to take the risk.

14. Likes: J4MIE (1st April 2024)