Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6789101858 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    If there was a real will to lower the emission the first, immediately effective, easy to implement and completely natural thing would be to limit the maximum weight of newly sold vehicles. Do you need a 2,5 tons heavy Mercedes GLS or a Porsche Cayenne to bring children to the nursery school which is 2 km away? Of course not, nobody does but that's how these cars are being mostly used.
    Damn boy, such a good argument. Once I saw someone saying cars are getting huge and heavier because of safety standards and I thought "yep, that makes sense".. so I even start to feel ok with SUVs on the streets but deep in my heart (haha) i HATE suvs. Its always rich moms not looking to the road cuz they are scrooling their facebook's feed. Arhhh and if you want safer cars, just dont make road cars capable of reaching 100kmh inside the cities (here in south america the cities are very dense with mixed parts (houses, schools, buildings, supermarket.. all in the same street.)). Idk, but ah, you just made me return to my hate on SUVs hahaha
    Regarding hydrogen and e-fuels, have you watched this video I posted?
    https://youtu.be/0d0MPg7DxbY
    Hes a car-nerd. I trust his opinions haha thoughts?

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.motorsport.com/wrc/news/...-2025/9248615/

Wheatley is implying that hybrids would carry on with changes beyond 2024

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Latvala thinks hydrogen power can be the future...

“Hybrid is for this era but I think we need something new and I think hydrogen could be an option in the rally world because in rallying we can’t go full electric, it is impossible.

And without the sound nobody will go to the forest or to the mountains to watch the cars, we need to have sound in rallying. In circuit racing it is not as important but in rallying we need it.”

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/l...15080/?nrt=193

Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    As ever, it will depend on what manufacturers think the WRC is a good fit, and offers value; and what tech they want to show off.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

5. Likes: AnttiL (2nd June 2022),cali (2nd June 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts

7. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (2nd June 2022)
    Liked 488 Times in 188 Posts
    I really like hydrogen. We don't need metals for batteries, we could keep the sound, cars will stay light, range is decent etc.

But scientists need to find solutions for making Hydrogen in an environmentally friendly way and also how to storage it as hydrogen leaks easily.

JML
    Doing something a bit different this weekend as I am in Japan for the Super Taikyu Race at Fuji Speedway!
    I will drive the ORC ROOKIE GR Corolla H2 Concept together with 5 other drivers including Akio Toyoda.

#M-SPORTER

10. Likes: cali (4th June 2022),Katvala (3rd June 2022),Rally Hokkaido (3rd June 2022),steve.mandzij (2nd June 2022),Sulland (3rd June 2022)
    Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    Wait so it's car with ICE but powered by hydrogen? I've never heard of something like that before, but it sounds interesting and promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    Wait so it's car with ICE but powered by hydrogen? I've never heard of something like that before, but it sounds interesting and promising.
    Yep. They've been developing this for a while.

https://the-race.com/promoted/how-hy...icient-future/
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 2,242 Times in 1,200 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    VAG Group ended all its ICE motorsport action so I wouldn't expect Skoda to join in. Besides, Skoda just ended their WRC2 factory program a few years ago.
    Not really.. they’re about to homolgate a new Rally2 car and even though the works team does not run the WRC2 team, i doubt Toksport are paying Mikkelsen.