Page 12 of 101 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262 ... LastLast
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    However, if they have half a brain, they'll realise they need extra manufacturers. The current number isn't good enough.....
    Not according to Reid!

Although at least he wasn't comparing makes in Rally2, not helpful because you cannot have makes in Rally1. There is only one comparable manufacturer in WRC2 and it gets in free due to Rally1.

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Dont think we need more manufacturers. We need to have teams running year-old cars, like ProDrive running 2 '2022 i20s" and PetterSolberg running a team with 2 "2022 yaris" and Prokop running a team with 2 '2022 Pumas".
    And Msport renting more cars like crazy... Tho Im not sure thats happening because FINANCIAL or IRRELEVANCE (lack of interest in nowadays wrc)

Liked 13 Times in 6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Dont think we need more manufacturers. We need to have teams running year-old cars, like ProDrive running 2 '2022 i20s" and PetterSolberg running a team with 2 "2022 yaris" and Prokop running a team with 2 '2022 Pumas".
    And Msport renting more cars like crazy... Tho Im not sure thats happening because FINANCIAL or IRRELEVANCE (lack of interest in nowadays wrc)
    Well, no... New brands are needed for yesterday, which doesn't mean that private ones aren't necessary either.

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/colin...c-thrill-ride/

hahahah Colin Clark and the Ford SUPER VAN! THATS IT! "THE FUTURE IS HERE" hahaha
    jokes aside, it looks fun.

Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    The future of the main class in wrc is rally2.
    Sad? Maybe.

But i don't think the economic clima the next years makes todays rally1, or an evolution if it, sustainable.

Rally2 exists, works fine, lots of cars around, and some possibility of some local heros at rallies.
    Ofcourse the team with the most money has the best car, but the difference will be less than today.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

6. Likes: steve.mandzij (7th November 2022),WRC1 (6th November 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Sad? Maybe.

But i don't think the economic clima the next years makes todays rally1, or an evolution if it, sustainable.

Rally2 exists, works fine, lots of cars around, and some possibility of some local heros at rallies.
    Ofcourse the team with the most money has the best car, but the difference will be less than today.

So basically a step backwards would be the future? I doubt it from the perspective of the manufacturers.

I still would love to hear how the budget of a top team is divided. You travel to 14 rallies around the world, you employ 100 people throughout the season, including 1-2 top drivers, you own buildings, trucks etc. The cars need fuel, tyres, dampers, driveshafts etc. you need to arrange tests. There's so much cost that has nothing to do with the type of the car. The cost would be the same even if you were running Rally5 cars. How much cheaper would it be with Rally2 cars? If the budget is now 100 million, would it be 80 million? 60 million? Would it make a difference for a manufacturer to enter the series?

The cost difference for a privateer is unquestionable. But it's a different question whether any privateer should be able to start with a top class car or not. Or what kind of problems it causes for following the rally or televising a stage if 50 cars could win the stage.

Then we start talking about Rally2+ and it's a totally another thing, when we start adding power to the Rally2 cars in which drivers frequently get serious injuries (just check what happened in ERC this season). I would also question how the drivetrains, brakes etc. would withstand the added power.

Maybe the sweet spot would be a Rally2 base car with added power, aero, durability element, safety element and some sort of light hybrid element. It would be more expensive than a normal Rally2, but not nearly as expensive as Rally1. But again another question for the manufacturers, would they have a fitting car for this class (in Rally1 you can scale any car for smaller size)
    Last edited by AnttiL; 6th November 2022 at 20:44.

8. Likes: b3637853 (7th November 2022),WRCStan (6th November 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Sad? Maybe.

whatever happens, happens. I don't think Toyota will accept full electric, so the WRC might go hybrid until 2030 or 2029 or whatever. If the organisers screw it up and we go to Rally2 then so be it, on the bright side we will have a much more equal playing field and some proper battles.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    whatever happens, happens. I don't think Toyota will accept full electric, so the WRC might go hybrid until 2030 or 2029 or whatever. If the organisers screw it up and we go to Rally2 then so be it, on the bright side we will have a much more equal playing field and some proper battles.
    We don't have proper battles now?

11. Likes: pantealex (8th November 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    We don't have proper battles now?
    hehe we do, but you know what I mean, even if it goes to Rally2 or Rally2+ or whatever we will still have good rallies, maybe even better with more top level cars

13. Likes: Rallyper (7th November 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Sad? Maybe.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but as a Norwegian you won't legally be able to buy these ICE cars come Monte of 2025. How is that the economically sustainable decision for the manufacturers to make?

Fabia Mk1, Polo, DS3, C3, 208, Fiesta Mk1, i20 Mk1, Iriz all extinct before the first season of the new regs finish.

Fabia Mk2, Fiesta Mk2 too within 3 year cycle.

How likely they get extended by the FIA wanting to push this image of a flagship motorsport competition?

Although the Fabia is being renewed, Skoda can't even be fckd with entering. Maybe they will do.

Ford cannot renew the Fiesta and need a new car. Maybe moot, as Ford said would pull support without hybrid anyway.

Toyota bringing one at least.

Plus i20 N = 3 cars but not the ones 'everybody' has.

No names of new manufacturers this attracts, zero gain.

15. Likes: AnttiL (7th November 2022),Eli (7th November 2022),pantealex (8th November 2022),TWRC (7th November 2022),WRC1 (7th November 2022)