Page 44 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3442434445465494 ... LastLast
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    will it really improve the coverage of WRC2? how? They will mention at the end of the rally: "X manufacturer also gets Y points from Z finishing 5th in WRC2 but getting top points for manu because he was the highest placed nominated driver behind 4 Skodas".

For point 3 I took it as reducing the number of nominated cars in Rally1 from 3 to 2 that might have been my misinterpretation, the source is vague. The point that there is a further complication to follow in WRC2 stands. Actually the most important point to mention is what Mirek said, that there shouldn't be an extra hurdle in place for a new manu joining. You say since most of the things are already happening then why not introduce it, I say exactly that there is no point, it's just a gimmick.
    i'm sure if a team proposes something like that, it will not propose it without thinking roi and an upgrade in visibility. m-sport is looking to improve its rally2 market and reputation, so i'm pretty positive that if rally2 becomes championship relevant, it will have much more coverage than now, especially on tv. don't think toyota will not push to show its new rally2 yaris live...

on new entry, i've already replied at Mirek. while i agree in general, i don't think waiting for a miraculous new reg in 3-4 years is good, nor realistic. i rather prefer to try something in the meanwhile. this attitude that problems are always "something else" (that can arguably be tackled, btw) is deadly.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    TBH I dont see any big advantage re the visibility of the Rally2 cars from this idea. And sales will be driven by results, not screen time.

Scoring points for the WRC Team wont mean anything if the car is finishing behind the Skoda's, Citroen C3 and even old Polo's...

3. Likes: seb_sh (27th September 2023),WRCStan (27th September 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    m-sport is looking to improve its rally2 market and reputation
    how about make a better car that can be competitive against Skoda and others?

5. Likes: cali (27th September 2023),EstWRC (27th September 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by seb_sh View Post
    how about make a better car that can be competitive against Skoda and others?
    they are, don't they? the upgrade seemed to work good, and from italy on, formeaux showed the car can win wrc2 and compete with others.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    TBH I dont see any big advantage re the visibility of the Rally2 cars from this idea. And sales will be driven by results, not screen time.

Scoring points for the WRC Team wont mean anything if the car is finishing behind the Skoda's, Citroen C3 and even old Polo's...
    probably, but from italy on the car is quite on the pace with others, and there's not that much possibility to show progress that's not an official team. if customer don't drive the car, the only way is show it with works stickers on...and wrc2 is way easier to manage than erc (they don't have a team there, probably not enough money). fourmeaux in brc -wrc2 is doing good advertising even if it crashes too much.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    i think you misread... it will not affect team size. why only 6 rally1?
    Yes I misread, thanks.

We can look forward to M-Sport nominating customers they don't currently have in Rally1 cars for manufacturer points they aren't currently scoring with crummy Rally1 cars. It sounds a little bit like WRC2 Pro, which was a resounding success.

A Rally2 Manufacturers should work as was back in the day. Any manufacturer who homologates a car gets to score. At second tier level there should not be an issue with that. Except M-Sport, because Ford would get the credit. I don't know.

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Not sure if posted before - interview with JM Latvala on the reforms WRC needs ..

https://www.hs.fi/urheilu/art-2000009894292.html

Liked 132 Times in 46 Posts
    F9ONPBhbMAYLShF.jpg

Not sure if this has been posted already.
    Very interesting if this rumour is true.

Basically the teams (Rally1 & Rally2) have decided that switching to Rally2 cars for the top class is not what they want

https://x.com/AnttiL_WRC/status/1716...744077805?s=20

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Dumb. There is no need for "factory teams". Just do what Fanatec GT does. You can have factory backed teams (i.e. M-Sport themselves, RedGrey/BRC, TMR or else, TokSport, Sainteloc etc) and nominate 2 or drivers from the pool of cars for the Manufacturer's title. Smaller teams will increase their portfolio cause local interest will be boosted if local talent has the potential for a good O/A placing. Maybe it's time for Ben Sulayem to start strong arming WRC's direction. But, it seems like the whole Andretti/FOM thing isn't helping his reputation in Motorsport a lot(or his stature as the President of FIA).

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jewy46 View Post
    Basically the teams (Rally1 & Rally2) have decided that switching to Rally2 cars for the top class is not what they want
    Lol. It'd be nice if that idea gets put to bed now.