Page 78 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2868767778798088 ... LastLast
    Liked 238 Times in 125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    Race for Glory is a bad film. That's why it's pretty much nowhere.

It's been interesting following this thread how it has covered very different elements of the sport.

One thing that doesn't help the marketing side is the stale imagery the WRC Promoter produces at the events.
    It's nowhere because it's a low budget Italian production, not because it's a bad film.

It's a pretty good film, not Ford vs Ferrari or Rush level, but it's still better than I expected. Unfortunately, it looks to me like it's too much dramatized for rally fans, but also it don't introduce the characters, championship and even rally itself for non-rally fans.

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    What are the chances of a class like this starting to appear in world/european rallying? (Not the TOP CLASS, of course. Jezz)
    https://www.youtube.com/@SXSNordic/videos
    I think they suit other type of adventures better, like cross country, "enduroISH" stuff or whatever, where the cars are slower, but I kinda love this type of car. Same for the UTV/LightWeight/SxS classes in Dakar.

Liked 5,566 Times in 2,299 Posts
    Already a topic about it and nothing to do with this thread, nothing.

https://www.motorsportforums.com/sho...n-Rally-Series

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    Yesterday I watched that movie, Race for glory. It was awesome. And you were wrong. I don't care about not being professionaly enough, the concept, story, drama, insight, cast, setup and effects was truly amazing. I recommend for everyone to see that. People need that. Fans need that. If other sports do have movies, now we have one too. I really enjoy it.
    Thank you for your opinion. Were there many viewers at the cinema?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Thank you for your opinion. Were there many viewers at the cinema?
    Me, my wife and 4 other people. I guess this is because the tickets here are so expensive and folks do go to the cinema rarely, except for some marvel/dc movies. I didn't care, I enjoy it. My wife, which by the way doesn't care about rallying at all, did say the movie was good. She constantly ask me questions. So at least this is the proof that this is right way to promote whole sport.

6. Likes: Jarek Z (25th February 2024),typhoon (24th February 2024)
    Liked 128 Times in 69 Posts
    Gran Canaria politician assumes that the WRC will visit the island of Gran Canaria next year:

Aridany Romero, Sports Councilor of the Cabildo Insular de Gran Canaria, was one of the guests of Televisión Canaria during the broadcasting of the TransGranCanaria, an event supported by the island's political institution.

At one point of the interview, he was praising the achievements harvested by sportsmen of the round island as well as the projects that are being worked on for the future, such as trying to bring to Gran Canaria the Vuelta Clclista de España, the Copa del Rey de Basket, the Football World Cup 2030 or the World Rally Championship

The journalist Jesús Alberto Rodríguez, head of sports of Radio Televisión Canaria said in a joking tone that it was necessary to stop asking him about more topics because he might even bring Formula One, to which Romero answered: "Not Formula One, but the WRC is coming next year to Gran Canaria", in reference to the options that the Rally Islas Canarias has of being able to host the World Rally Championship (WRC).

https://automovilismocanario.com/202...-gran-canaria/

Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 106 sport View Post
    Gran Canaria politician assumes that the WRC will visit the island of Gran Canaria next year:

Aridany Romero, Sports Councilor of the Cabildo Insular de Gran Canaria, was one of the guests of Televisión Canaria during the broadcasting of the TransGranCanaria, an event supported by the island's political institution.

At one point of the interview, he was praising the achievements harvested by sportsmen of the round island as well as the projects that are being worked on for the future, such as trying to bring to Gran Canaria the Vuelta Clclista de España, the Copa del Rey de Basket, the Football World Cup 2030 or the World Rally Championship

The journalist Jesús Alberto Rodríguez, head of sports of Radio Televisión Canaria said in a joking tone that it was necessary to stop asking him about more topics because he might even bring Formula One, to which Romero answered: "Not Formula One, but the WRC is coming next year to Gran Canaria", in reference to the options that the Rally Islas Canarias has of being able to host the World Rally Championship (WRC).

https://automovilismocanario.com/202...-gran-canaria/
    So we have them, Ireland, Paraguay & Saudi Arabia vying for a spot next season…say Paraguay will replace Chile, you still have 3 rallies over one slot (unless Poland’s inclusion was for one year only).
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/hyund...L2WqUhgYlC4n5s

TLDR: Making Rally2 the top class kills the customer base and therefore the class it self.

The man has some sense and explains the problem quite well.

10. Likes: cali (26th February 2024),Eli (25th February 2024),EstWRC (25th February 2024),lancia037 (27th February 2024),Mirek (25th February 2024),PLuto (26th February 2024),TWRC (26th February 2024)
    Liked 12,211 Times in 5,243 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by becher View Post
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/hyund...L2WqUhgYlC4n5s

TLDR: Making Rally2 the top class kills the customer base and therefore the class it self.

The man has some sense and explains the problem quite well.
    Thank god there is a man with common sense.

And this is what our user Mirek has been also saying here for years

I totally agree.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

12. Likes: cali (26th February 2024),Jewy46 (26th February 2024),PLuto (26th February 2024)
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Hmmm... IMO that was a bad argumentation regarding this topic "Rally1 or Rally2"
    He brought the Skoda situation in IRC that is different from nowadays Rally2 market, which is already stabilished and it is a success. He then says that Hyundai itself has a TCR program thats well balanced between Factory and Costumer/Privateers just to say that it would not work in WRC because of the "prestige".... Mate, honestly, BIG WRC FAN HERE, but You are literally talking about "Oh, maybe we will have to step down from our top class in this championship because theres not much brand's interest anymore"... so, let me ask: WHAT PRESTIGE? haha Idk, that one was weak