Page 66 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1656646566676876 ... LastLast
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Refuels don't exactly pull in the crowds, take much time per car nor do they need team vehicles and bodies. If the whole point is to draw in the crowds with longer than 3 minute repair windows, you will need a large space. If that is over thinking it, then there is nothing being wished for that doesn't already happen.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    Is it any disqusion in FIA the size of rallycars?
    The Fabia/yaris etc is a small car, if they go back to focus/impreza size cars, will it do any positive for the sport?
    I think the security is better in a bigger car, the speed wil also be a little lower.
    But the looks will be better and probably more spectacle?
    It may be hard to believe but the bodyshell of today's Fabia is wider than that of C4 which was used for the WRC car 15 years ago and it's not even much shorter. It's way bigger than the first generation used for Fabia WRC, not speaking about even smaller Peugeot 206. The cars grow bigger in time. The width is the only dimension which plays a signifficant role in a rallycar safety BUT it is irrelevant for the Rally1 cars which don't use stock bodyshells.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: focus206 (9th February 2024),Jewy46 (9th February 2024),seb_sh (9th February 2024)
    Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    Roadside reparations can easily be regulated. Areas can be prepared. Spares can be filtered. Mechanics can be regulated. etz. etz. Should be right direction of future WRC.
    How? Good luck findinfg areas for roadside repair in 2024 traffic. Sorry but that may be possible in deserted areas of Sweden but absolutely impossible in many other WRC countries.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 191 Times in 108 Posts
    "Out of the different eras of WRC cars, what do you think were the most impressive to watch?"

How am I supposed to answer this? I have only watched one era that I could name, and I can't skip or say "don't know".

6. Likes: seb_sh (9th February 2024)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Anyone who is against the idea of Rally2+, try to remember how superior even the current Rally2 car is compared to the WRC cars of 20 years ago.

This shows some of the improvements in performance, braking and cornering as well as being lighter, safer, more efficient and cheaper.

https://youtu.be/dzQr2CEBXgY?si=UKjztrUQTfMRuQ7n

Then imagine Rally2+ with even more power and bigger aero...

8. Likes: fiscorpun (9th February 2024),skarderud (10th February 2024)
    Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Anyone who is against the idea of Rally2+, try to remember how superior even the current Rally2 car is compared to the WRC cars of 20 years ago.

This shows some of the improvements in performance, braking and cornering as well as being lighter, safer, more efficient and cheaper.

Rally2+ (in version current Rally2 cars with bigger restrictor and added aero) are nonsense. If they want something between Rally1 and Rally2, it should be with different regulations (of course can be based with lot of things on current Rally2)...

Liked 3,794 Times in 1,687 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    So FIA is making a survey about WRC

Let your minds free

https://yonder.online-host.solutions...roject=P024491
    For me it looks like this survey was generated by AI...

11. Likes: fiscorpun (9th February 2024),WRC1 (9th February 2024)
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts

Really cool video! Thanks for sharing it mate!

Tho Im not sure Im onboard with this Rally2+ idea some of you fellas here keep talking about.
    I mean, I dont actually KNOW how that would work. Cuz it gotte be CHEAP.... AND it gotte be 'quick' to "change back" to normal Rally2.
    Like... If its just a matter of having a wider air intake on the engine ("One piece") and a new bigger rear wing ("One piece"), than fine. Cuz that would be relatvely simple and cheap for someone on a tighter budget like Kajetan or Chris Ingram to do (upgrade to R2+) and compete in a WRC round, but then they can easily change back to a normal Rally2 to compete at the national levels they usually compete. If its NOT THIS EASY to go form Rally2 to R2+ then to return from R2+ to Rally2, then its not the beeeeest ideia IMO.

OF COURSE there would be WAY MORE entries in WRC. Richier or sponsored guys could do it. Imagine Monte Carlo 2025 with Nasser Al Athya, Loeb, CARLOS SAINZ, Paddon... haha These fellas can find the budget to modified a Rally2 to R2+ and never bother that "Oh, cant race them on my national championship now".

U'know? am I thinking about this in the right way?

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts

It's not so much the tech specs I'm against but the short-sightedness and the logic that it'll cure all of life's problems that I dislike. Even if you call your package Rally1, privateers in the 'main class' will still be undesired by those at the top, it'll still be difficult to afford, it won't attract manufacturers, it's still very little road-relevancy, it'll still be seen as historic motoring in 2030... etc etc.

Good watch though thanks.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    I think you're massively underestimating the amount of space required for this......
    you could limit it to wrc1 cars. and limit it to 1 van and 2 technicians per competitor.

and even when you allow it for everyone, remember that there will ever only be a few vans at the same place in the same time, due to the limited time and the starting time differences.

whatever the solution, the lack of service these days ruins a lot of great fights. a small issues nowadays can create great problems because some small part is not available.

15. Likes: Rallyper (10th February 2024)