Page 29 of 101 FirstFirst ... 1927282930313979 ... LastLast
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Too bad cuz the "Rally Version" of the R5 3E is not on FIA plans...
    https://jalopnik.com/fia-wont-let-re...ace-1850313815

And tbh Im all IN when it comes to moving on to something like a "Segment-A" car category, like these small Fiat 500e Abarth, Alpine, this Renault, VW's electric Up, some chinese compact cars, Picanto, Spark.... But with some nice Aerokits for downforce

Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Yes although the alpine version looks even better

3. Likes: Jarek Z (21st May 2023)
    Liked 9,355 Times in 4,970 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm75 View Post
    Yes although the alpine version looks even better
    Sure does !

https://www.autoexpress.co.uk/alpine...hatch-pictures

5. Likes: Jarek Z (21st May 2023)
    Liked 798 Times in 380 Posts
    After this joke of a weekend in wrc1, its time to say goodbye do this era and welcome Rally2 as the top class.

Its not even a decent rental driver, its way to expensive. 15 yrs ago, most teams had rental drivers in last years modells, both good talents and rich nobodys, but they was atleast there to fill up after the topdrivers had binned it.

I don't understand the use of money for the manu's eighter, lots of good quality drivers in Rally2's are in front of theire guys too.

Sent fra min SM-S901B via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

7. Likes: AndyRAC (4th June 2023),Typ85 (4th June 2023)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    After this joke of a weekend in wrc1, its time to say goodbye do this era and welcome Rally2 as the top class.

Its not even a decent rental driver, its way to expensive. 15 yrs ago, most teams had rental drivers in last years modells, both good talents and rich nobodys, but they was atleast there to fill up after the topdrivers had binned it.

I don't understand the use of money for the manu's eighter, lots of good quality drivers in Rally2's are in front of theire guys too.

just back from the joke weekend. no way rally2 is a solution. there's too much difference. rally2 live just after rally1 look so dull.
    i was among general spectator, some first timers: no interest in rally2 (and you cant's say the drivers aren't good.)

9. Likes: AMSS (5th June 2023),becher (4th June 2023),DoN_cz (6th June 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    just back from the joke weekend. no way rally2 is a solution. there's too much difference. rally2 live just after rally1 look so dull.
    i was among general spectator, some first timers: no interest in rally2 (and you cant's say the drivers aren't good.)
    But, if there where no Rally1's first, Rally2's would look much more spectaculare.

11. Likes: J4MIE (6th June 2023)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skarderud View Post
    But, if there where no Rally1's first, Rally2's would look much more spectaculare.

live? no way!
    i was thinking this today at the stage, even loubet/katsuta was a standout against top rally2. i was really thinking we need something like rally1.
    i attended a lot of r5/rally2 event, regional or international level. sure they're ok. sure good drivers makes it nice, but rally1 is just another thing.
    I'm not say they must remain the same, but i do think we need something more "wow" than rally2. it's simply the behavior on the car on the road. rally2 is not enough, expecially for the wrc.there has to be something more than regional rally, and better drivers is not enough.
    i was on 9 ss this weekend and there's no way. on the powerstage i saw mikkelsen and then katsuta: no question about the value of the driver, still katsuta was another level to see, just because of the behaviour of the car: powersliding, bouncing around, keeping the throttle just where rally2 simply couldn't do it. and people got crazy for it.
    Last edited by wyler; 4th June 2023 at 21:01.

13. Likes: AMSS (5th June 2023),becher (4th June 2023),DoN_cz (6th June 2023),Eli (4th June 2023),Hartusvuori (5th June 2023),Jewy46 (23rd June 2023),meh (5th June 2023)
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    live? no way!
    i was thinking this today at the stage, even loubet/katsuta was a standout against top rally2. i was really thinking we need something like rally1.
    i attended a lot of r5/rally2 event, regional or international level. sure they're ok. sure good drivers makes it nice, but rally1 is just another thing.
    I'm not say they must remain the same, but i do think we need something more "wow" than rally2. it's simply the behavior on the car on the road. rally2 is not enough, expecially for the wrc.there has to be something more than regional rally, and better drivers is not enough.
    i was on 9 ss this weekend and there's no way. on the powerstage i saw mikkelsen and then katsuta: no question about the value of the driver, still katsuta was another level to see, just because of the behaviour of the car: powersliding, bouncing around, keeping the throttle just where rally2 simply couldn't do it. and people got crazy for it.
    Well, i understand the show, seen those at sweden too, but when the wrc is at utterly shit shape, it has to be some rethinking.
    Its way to expensive, not any future in this.
    Sorry.

Last edited by skarderud; 5th June 2023 at 06:26.

15. Likes: J4MIE (6th June 2023)
    When the Gr.B was banned, everyone thought Gr.A was boring. After som years, Gr.A evolved to be a classic, if we don't romantize Gr.B, Gr.A was much better in every way. And evolved into WRC in late 90's that everyone dreams about.

17. Likes: J4MIE (6th June 2023)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    I think you have discussion here from different angles and you search the truth - should rally be competition oriented or machinery oriented.

I'm here with wyler statement - I think it's the Rally1 machine which brings crowds to rally and which entertains people. Even if it's lacking deep level competition like it is at the moment.

Nowadays it's all fighting for people's attention. At the moment Rally1 cars provide the wow-effects, how laws of the physics get questioned for spectators. If we could give it away, I'm not sure it can bounce back nowadays like it was from Group B to Group A era, it's completely different to time to earn peoples attention. And I'm not talking about core-born-to-be-rally-fan's here, those are staying with momentum, the question is - how to get new fans.