Page 76 of 101 FirstFirst ... 2666747576777886 ... LastLast
    Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    I think that movie Race for glory: Audi vs Lancia will help. That kind of stuff. I like that DirtFish ''backstories'', where they are joking around. We can see that drivers can smile and bring them closer to us deadthlings. Also their different stories help. I like to read random stuff from past and current situations, where there is lots of stuff that someone may even don't know, happened.

EDIT: I kinda noticed that many WRC2 drivers do have woman co-drivers. Exposing them could bring some interest for audience. I think that generaly co-drivers do have minimal exposure and we barely get something from them. But actualy they have very important role.
    Last edited by deephouse; 17th February 2024 at 07:10.

2. Likes: Jarek Z (17th February 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    I'll be brief..

F1 fans aren't fans because they can go out and buy a Ferrari or high end Benz or McLaren on Monday are they?

Same with NASCAR... well maybe you can go buy a Camry on Monday but they're not the same!

Something's done right with those two sports yes... how can Rallying become the same or utilize what they're got that WRC doesn't have?

Fair enough that WRC is going "Greener" but it's a shame it is not what it use to be. With stories and higher personalities.
    My point is you can't have a Rally2 without the manufacturer on board with the project. When Peugeot are only making e-208s, will they approve an ICE in their marque and product's names? Why would the FIA expect them too? Unless the sport is designated as historic motorsport...

Has nothing to do with fans buying on Monday or personalities.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post

Has nothing to do with fans buying on Monday or personalities.
    First point, not any more...

Second point, F1 has a lot more followers now after a successful in-depth tv show that showed this. So...
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    First point, not any more...

Second point, F1 has a lot more followers now after a successful in-depth tv show that showed this. So...
    Huh? We're not having a successful conversation here.

The points I make do not even begin to cross over with the points you make.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    My point is you can't have a Rally2 without the manufacturer on board with the project.
    Only because we have the stupid homologation rules to make money to the FIA.

Technically there is no reason why anyone would need a manufacturer. Anyone with enough money should be able to hire companies like msport or prodrive to build and run a car for them.

7. Likes: skarderud (17th February 2024)
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

Technically there is no reason why anyone would need a manufacturer. Anyone with enough money should be able to hire companies like msport or prodrive to build and run a car for them.
    Stupid has worked for the entirety of history and origin of the sport.

Conceptually, series production touring cars are what this sport always was.

Technically, to build a special stage car sports car like a McRae R4, is also conceptually a rally sprint car. Shorter stages, itineraries etc.

9. Likes: becher (17th February 2024)
    Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    That e- thing in front of car models will die as quick as they do out of nowhere. Brands do realize that and are changing their strategies, of course silently. Peugeot is not interesting in rallying because they don't have boss who is dedicated to that sport. Even Cyril isn't completely into it. He constantly compare F1 and rallying. Rallying need rally people. People who are completely dedicated to it.

Quote Originally Posted by deephouse View Post
    That e- thing in front of car models will die as quick as they do out of nowhere.
    I disagree. Electric has always made sense for town driving since the birth of the car. Most journeys are local and most suited to electric in theory; the school run, commute, the bubble tea delivery, trip to Costa drive thru... There's no going backwards.

Brands do realize that and are changing their strategies, of course silently.
    I agree, we will see more uturns from governments and manufacturers because electric is not a universal answer and 'in theory' isn't what's practicable. However, we're not there yet and we must use the information we have for these discussions.

Liked 3,297 Times in 1,736 Posts
    I think that movie Race for glory: Audi vs Lancia will help.
    I'm afraid that you are a little too optimistic here. We are 2 months after the world premiere and the movie isn't in cinemas, isn't on Netflix, I don't even know how to watch it. So how can it reach general audience?
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

Well, it's not just about the money for FIA.

Rally cars have to drive on public roads. It's a bit different to circuit-only race cars