Page 10 of 101 FirstFirst ... 891011122060 ... LastLast
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Was it mentioned that Toyota Yaris Hydrogen prototype in Ypres was allowed to run for not more than 20 km at once. It was brought to the stage starts on a trailer, and driven onto another trailer at the finish. And it was had to be taken to Bruxelles for refueling. I see right now more challenges with this stuff than with electric cars. But having the traditional engine there is obviously good for rallying.
    Well the thing is a prototype, in Paris there are hydrogen taxis from Toyota (fuel cell though). So apart from the missing infrastructure it's not "challenging", manufacturers were running ICE's with hydrogen for years allready.

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    I think most people would agree that current hybrid rules are an effort to be something in between and are at best a stopgap measure.
    Yes but at the same time I used to think the F1 Hybrid engines were just stupid... Until I saw a really cool video on youtube explaining it. Nothing new per se, I just never got interested tbh. Now I think its just an amazing engine!
    Tho Im still not there yet with the WRC Hybrids. Just "meh" so far. But who knows...

Liked 156 Times in 62 Posts
    Even Formula One, an intensely political sport (=pro WEF climate narrative), knows better than to go to 100% electric in 2026. So why should the WRC?

4. Likes: cali (26th August 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    That's the problem.

The only big brand pushing hydrogen these days is Toyota, others gave up some time ago.
    That's why it's likely to be the future car. The only big brand pushing WRC these days is Toyota, others gave up some time ago.

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    That's why it's likely to be the future car. The only big brand pushing WRC these days is Toyota, others gave up some time ago.
    WEC worked extremely well when Toyota was the only brand there competing with themselves.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    WEC worked extremely well when Toyota was the only brand there competing with themselves.
    I presume you mean for the promoter and Toyota.

Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Yes but at the same time I used to think the F1 Hybrid engines were just stupid... Until I saw a really cool video on youtube explaining it. Nothing new per se, I just never got interested tbh. Now I think its just an amazing engine! Tho Im still not there yet with the WRC Hybrids. Just "meh" so far. But who knows...
    Audi announced as engine supplier for F1 from 2026 today. And here comes the twist:

"it will enter Formula 1 from 2026, but in reality it has already entered in the F1 world since it was called on with Porsche to discuss the rules of F1 powertrains that will come into effect in four years' time. What prompted the Germans to get into F1 was not so much the introduction of e-fuel (eliminating the fossil presence in fuels) but the ability to develop advanced electrical solutions.

The endothermic engines will lose over 150 horsepower compared to today's 6 cylinders and will be subjected to the standardization of most of the parts. The combustion engine becomes an element that weighs no more than 50% in generating performance, so that the hybrid system will make the difference."

Source: https://it.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1...esco/10358080/
    Last edited by Sergiow; 26th August 2022 at 19:54.

Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    That is an interesting quote. That means that Hyundai and Ford cannot be considered "big brands" or "gave up some time ago"?

10. Likes: WRCStan (26th August 2022)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MentalParadox View Post
    Even Formula One, an intensely political sport (=pro WEF climate narrative), knows better than to go to 100% electric in 2026. So why should the WRC?
    Hmmm well, maybe. But FIA has an exclusivity contract with Formula E for electric open wheel championship until 2039, I think. So maaaybe theres this factor too. And eléctrics are "not there yet" too. Cant race for almost 2h at 300kmh... Yet

Red Bull Sports! There seems to be a lot going on lately. Rumour is that 78 year old founder Dietrich Mateschitz is very sick (see https://sportnieuws.nl/formule-1/toe...-is-vrij-ziek/). When Mateschitz finally will disappear, all his shares of Red Bull Company will probably be transfered to the Thai mother company. That will create a lot insecurity for the Red Bull Sports branch, especially for WRC where the majority of the Rally 1 drivers are sponsored by Red Bull and M-Sport might be in serious trouble too ...
    Last edited by Sergiow; 6th September 2022 at 12:21.