Page 81 of 101 FirstFirst ... 3171798081828391 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,481 Times in 844 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Sounds the same as Rally1 2022-2024.
    well now it's an official stamp for all parties for not having to use their superminis/suv based one's as the basis for the car and we might see the C-segment back in action, and unlike now, no plug-in hybrid systems since next year so no stupid HY on the door sides, back to normal numbers, yayy, but on a more serious note, I'm glad someone there finally saw the light (or at least some of it) and realized no-one cared or maybe even realized these cars have a battery pack stuck to them and decided to take them off. As for power, it seems we've gone back to the initial DS3 & Fiesta days.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Im happy with the decision, honestly. I dont think we will atract manufacturers, but I can see some richier teams joining the Rally2+ thing that will be more or less on the same level as the rally1-. On FB there were people saying "Oliver Solberg" opted to race in WRC2 because they more or less already knew about these changes, so they opted to not waste money on Rally1 cars since it would be ditched. Some said Kalle's decision was also influenced by this dismiss of Rally1 cars.
    Not sure we can truste all infos we read on facebook, but IT KIIIINDA makes sense. I dont think the shareholders didnt knew about this until today. The Rally2+ conversation has been around since last year, it didnt came out of nothing, they were talking about that already behind some close doors, for suuure.... But anyway. Im happy!

Liked 103 Times in 33 Posts
    2025 can be quite interesting. I wonder about the gap between the two categories. What if the Rally2+ cars are going to be faster and winning events?

4. Likes: fiscorpun (28th February 2024),WRC1 (28th February 2024)
    Liked 810 Times in 426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by trykmann View Post
    2025 can be quite interesting. I wonder about the gap between the two categories. What if the Rally2+ cars are going to be faster and winning events?
    How? Literally zero chance of this happening

6. Likes: Kenneth (28th February 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    About WRC in 2025/2026..

* so teams MUST put their cars on sale after every rally and.. there is a possibility they have to make new cars for every rally..?
    How does it fit in cost reducing? A lot of new staff to keep making new cars..?
    A bit confusing to me at the moment..
    I read this like current Rally1 cars aren't actually for sale, they can only be entered by the manufacturers whereas Rally1- will be made available to privateers/teams to take away and run as they please.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Sounds the same as Rally1 2022-2024.
    I hope that is the case, but the wording sounds more like a spec chassis to me.

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    I read this like current Rally1 cars aren't actually for sale, they can only be entered by the manufacturers whereas Rally1- will be made available to privateers/teams to take away and run as they please.
    I read that as something like "Hey, Msport always try to sell cars, but now Toyota and Hyundai gotta sell them too if someone is interested in their Rally1-"

Liked 265 Times in 164 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    How? Literally zero chance of this happening
    F2 kitcars do it in the past. Solberg wiped out many of them during last event. You will point out the word IF, but the speed in rallying is measured by finishing event with least time and not top speed which car could run or average or whatever.

Liked 430 Times in 227 Posts
    Think the whole point is to equalize Rally 1 and Rally 2 cars in a similar fashion to what ACO and IMSA do with LeMans Hypercars (LMH) and LeMans Daytona hybrid (LMDh).

12. Likes: becher (28th February 2024),steve.mandzij (28th February 2024),WRCStan (28th February 2024)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fiscorpun View Post
    I read that as something like "Hey, Msport always try to sell cars, but now Toyota and Hyundai gotta sell them too if someone is interested in their Rally1-"
    The car Serderidis 'bought', according to eWRC, got used again and again by other M-Sport drivers and when he drove on non-WRC events was run by M-Sport who turn up with the car and take it back again. I believe that's part of the Rally1 philosophy/rules which are being changed.
    "It's not sport!" - Gilles Panizzi