Page 23 of 100 FirstFirst ... 1321222324253373 ... LastLast
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    The rally2 cars are all very similar nowadays, right? I mean, of course teams with more money can always improve that little extra, but in general they are all very close. Is there BoP in that class?
    And cant WRC just elaborate something for the hydrigen yaris, the electric renault 3e and the boxer subaru to fit them in this class?
    I mean, it looks simple... Or am I missing something? (Not considering the will of these brands to join)

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Yes. Idk how BoP would work, but maybe something simple like X HP / Y Weight? Fuel Flow doesnt matter in rallying like in WEC, right?
    My IDEAL top class for 2025 would be: Electric Renault 3E vs Hydrogen Yaris vs Vermont's Subarus with Boxer engine vs The new car Skoda releases almost every year vs Ralliart using whatever they want vs whatever Toksport, PetterSolberg's team, Msport and ProDrive can get their hands on. It looks like more of a "rally2+" thing in my mind than the current Rally1 supercars but Im fine with that
    Fuel flow is just another way of limiting engine power, in rallying its all done by air restrictors so you don't need expensive fuel flow meters.

Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    The rally2 cars are all very similar nowadays, right? I mean, of course teams with more money can always improve that little extra, but in general they are all very close. Is there BoP in that class?
    And cant WRC just elaborate something for the hydrigen yaris, the electric renault 3e and the boxer subaru to fit them in this class?
    I mean, it looks simple... Or am I missing something? (Not considering the will of these brands to join)
    No BoP in Rally2, no BoP in rallying anyway as all regulations are traditional regulations where manufacturers build the best car they can within the parameters set by the regulations. And since all manufacturers were smart enough in the last twenty years to not bring something stupid to the party, no BoP was needed to help manufacturers that use a unsuitable base car to get competitive. GT racing only needed BoP to balance between all the different base cars, without BoP all manufacturers would field a mid engined carbon chassis with a turbocharged engine and land barges like a Bentley, Nissan GTR and BMW M8 would not stand a chance. The fact that Prototypes also have BoP regulations now is because the FIA/ACO/manufacturers f*** up when discussing the regulations. So BoP isn't really necessary in rallying.

4. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (28th April 2023),the sniper (30th April 2023)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/w...lass/10425303/

The WRC is expected to announce further details of its vision for the future at Rally Portugal in May which could include a new platform to allow alternative power methods to be developed within the championship.

While details of the class and its launch remain limited at this stage, it may follow a similar concept as seen at the Le Mans 24 Hours through its Garage 56 initiative.

“There will be more released around Portugal time around the new technical evolution [beyond 2025] and about having a demonstration class to allow experimental propulsion systems within the WRC, to provide that as a platform of experimentation and development and we are absolutely supportive of that and that will happen,” WRC event director Simon Larkin told Autosport

6. Likes: skarderud (30th January 2023),steve.mandzij (17th February 2023),TWRC (19th February 2023)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    that could be the first good idea in ages!

8. Likes: AnttiL (30th January 2023),cali (17th February 2023)
    Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Renault is working on a Hybrid project to compete in Dakar.............................................
    WRC loses again

Liked 98 Times in 56 Posts
    Just for the sake of sharing infos on "THE FUTURE OF RACING" (.....) , the Scandinavian Touring Car STCC will be racing with only electric cars in 2023. I was not following the news from this championship, so this is news for me.
    They'll have Teslas, BMWs i4 and VWs ID3... Cupra and another brand are also expected. I mean, not FACTORY TEAMS, I think they will all be running the same "STARD" machinery, but anyway... theres this visible path into motorsport where everybody races spec electric and hybrids parts because its cheaper or whatever... but they are slowly heading into that direction more and more. Idk if theres a turning point on "Well, we tried evs but lets just go back to regular engines build on our garages". Anyway.. just sharing this cuz Im interested ....in a way. The "junior class" for the STCC is also going full electric. From what Ive read, one of the teams will be runing an elecric MiniCooper.... thats rad IMO lol
    https://www.touringcartimes.com/2022...-slots-filled/

11. Likes: skarderud (18th February 2023)
    Liked 163 Times in 73 Posts
    BlackBook Motorsport Forum session at the Kennington Oval in London,27th April 2023 entitled ‘Monetisation masterclass’, including Ali Russell of #ExtremeE & Philipp Männer of #WRC, interviewed by Cian Brittle of BlackBook Motorsport.

The way by which motorsport series, circuits, teams and brands digitally engage with fans has transformed in recent years. Whether it be the shift to OTT and D2C platforms or the growth and popularity of original content, digital innovation is undoubtedly the key to success in today’s industry. In this monetisation masterclass, you will learn:

- How to best monetise digital platforms
    - Why original content is the key to audience and viewership growth
    - How OTT is becoming a fundamental part of growing revenue (OTT Apps, or Over-The-Top Applications, let your audience stream video from their preferred devices, like mobile smart TVs and tablets, whenever they want.)

Note: searching deeper into "monetisation WRC", those might be some of the topics discussed at the BlackBook Motorsport Forum:

"In nearly 50 years of the rally’s existence, we have seen numerous practical solutions trickle down into our world of classical event planning. I’ve compiled a list of 15 things that meeting planners can learn from the FIA World Rally Championship in hopes of helping you create better events after the corona crisis."
    https://kongres-magazine.eu/2021/05/...-championship/
    Last edited by Sergiow; 28th April 2023 at 14:47.

Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    To be honest, I'd rather be more interested in F1 take than WRC. Just the level of effectiveness. Already when you compare F1 or the feeder series highlights on Youtube and WRC's, it's like comparing engaging content with bed time stories for the elderly.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

14. Likes: AndyRAC (29th April 2023)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    The only masterclass the WRC knows is how not to run a global sports series.....Why would you get them in a discussion. Was nobody else available?

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

16. Likes: Eli (29th April 2023),the sniper (30th April 2023)