Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Milka Duno

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Milka Duno

Interesting that Ms Duno is now an Indy driver. Is this another case of sponsor money over talent? Her sponsor, CITGO is owned by PDVSa, the national oil company of Venezuela. PDVSa is the funding source for the very anti-American Firebrand, Venezuela President Hugo Chavez, known for, among other things, his Anti Us/George Bush comments in the UN and his strong stand against the US' growing interest in gasohol. Interesting bedfellows.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    What you say is true, but it is not a case of sponsor money over talent, because the team only exists to have a car for Milka. SAMAX is a sports car team and did not race Indycars. Milka wants to race Indycars, SAMAX starts a brand new team, so it's not as if she replaced somebody who didn't bring sponsorship a la Nelson Phillippe or Bruno Junquiera.
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Not to take this completly political, this is a capitalistic country. What do you hate more, the IRL or Citgo?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 29speedsix
    Interesting that Ms Duno is now an Indy driver. Is this another case of sponsor money over talent? Her sponsor, CITGO is owned by PDVSa, the national oil company of Venezuela. PDVSa is the funding source for the very anti-American Firebrand, Venezuela President Hugo Chavez, known for, among other things, his Anti Us/George Bush comments in the UN and his strong stand against the US' growing interest in gasohol. Interesting bedfellows.
    Then you should take pleasure in the irony of a car sponsored by a Venezuelan oil company, having to use 100% Ethanol.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    ^^^
    Of course in Venezela their ethonal is like eight times more effective than ours because they can make it out of sugar cane not corn.

To me her entry seems more like stunt casting than a racing operation.

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
    FYI Brazil is where they use ethanol made from sugar cane. In Venezuela, gas is $.12 per gallon, although I think Chavez is wanting to raise prices now.

http://en.ce.cn/subject/EnergyCrisis..._6934874.shtml
    ¿Quién es el que anda aquí?

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Milka

Quote Originally Posted by OWFan19
    Not to take this completly political, this is a capitalistic country. What do you hate more, the IRL or Citgo?
    Actually...Chavez.

To LUVRACIN: thats what I meant about "strange bedfellows"

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Milka

oops make that "interesting bedfellows"

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
    I just find it sad that she will MAKE the race. IN the good ole days, you could buy whatever stuff you wanted, but with 55 plus entries, you had to make the race based on time. Now, in today's IRL, you have the car, you pretty much will make the race unless you and your team are clueless. We can only wonder and hope right????
    "Water for my horses, beer for my men and mud for my turtle".

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Milka Duno? STINKS! what more needs to be said?