Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts

Happy new year !

Well , Merc got jabbed right in the hubris(ouch !) last year , but they'll be back , looking to make it just a little less close this time .

Who knows which team will get it all right for 2022 ?

Happy New Year , my friends . Be safe .

2. Likes: Fortitude (2nd January 2022),Mia 01 (2nd January 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Well , Merc got jabbed right in the hubris(ouch !) last year , but they'll be back , looking to make it just a little less close this time .

Happy New Year

May 2022 even have better racing!

4. Likes: Fortitude (2nd January 2022)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Happy new year everyone!

Its been pretty quiet here this last week, let's get the discussion going again..

1. Will Hamilton retire before the start of 22 season? Me- nope.
    2. Was Verstappen a worthy champion? Me- In an unfortunate way.. but overall, Yes.

What say ye?

6. Likes: Fortitude (2nd January 2022)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackRok View Post
    Paracetamol.

8. Likes: Fortitude (2nd January 2022)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    1. Hamilton will be back. I expect Merc to be the favorite if they work out their engine reliability issues.

2. Verstappen is definitely a worth champion. The question is will he be in a real position to defend it.

10. Likes: Fortitude (2nd January 2022)
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post

And a Happy New Year to you and Trophy Wife as well Bagwan. But I heard that the last sandbag didn't properly jettison off the Merc on the final race, and that was the cause of both championships not being wrapped up.

Who knows which teams will get it right for 2022? None of us, and anyone else is just guessing as well. Without doubt the teams with big resources and the right staff have a leg up, but the rules are changing enough that it could really shuffle the deck some. And I think that's a good thing. Formula 1 has been nothing but team dominance for decades now. There need to be at least 2 or more teams capable of winning the WCC and WDC in a given year or it just gets boring IMHO.

This past year was a bit of an exception, but the cars were really close. I personally think Merc still had the stronger car through the season, but both them and Lewis had too many years that they had to push hard, and that is how they lost it in the end. Like of a challenge left them in the weeds when things got tough. Really without the greater misfortune of RB and Max the title would not have remained so close.

But I really hope we see some shuffling of the deck. We have become used to seeing the drivers we consider the best fighting for titles. But really all we have seen is the drivers who are the best within the team fighting for titles. If the cars are closer together, some of the names we don't think are ready to be challengers very well could be challengers. And I'm hoping there are at least 3-4 of them, if not more.

We saw this year how the Merc engine of dominance suddenly got pushed when Honda upped the game combined with RB handling. With the new aero changes the "get in front and control pace" strategy might well be out the window, since drivers should be able to attack easier. At that point it becomes a game of who can make the tires and engine last while keeping the advantage to get them on the podium in a consistent manner. I'm glad to see the days of intentionally dirty aero wash being reeled in, and think it has great potential to make the racing better.

My prediction?

I dunno......

12. Likes: Fortitude (2nd January 2022)
    Liked 193 Times in 131 Posts
    Happy new year folks!

Me personally, I gonna miss Kimi

14. Likes: Fortitude (2nd January 2022)
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mia 01 View Post
    Happy new year folks!

Me personally, I gonna miss Kimi
    Me too , Mia .
    But , he's happy to be home with his family now , so I'm OK with that .

Merc had it just about right this year , and would have been gushing with praise for Red Bull , had the final few laps been by the book .
    It went to the last race , just as they'd planned , but they didn't realize until those last laps that Masi was a big Aesop fan .

We could look at it as Lewis having flown a little too close to the "son"( of Jos ) , melting his wings in those final laps .

For the Dutch , it's probably more of a "Cinderella story" .

For Honda , it's vindication , and a wave good-bye .

For the Bulls , it's sweat , hoping to keep the pace in that engine without Honda , and keep Newey's pencil sharp .

I do hope it's closer than this year looked .
    I want to see a sand-free year .

16. Likes: Fortitude (2nd January 2022),Mia 01 (5th January 2022)