Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    It sucks that it ended that way .

I was , as was everybody , impressed that Lewis shook Max's hand as it showed him as a sporting gentleman in the face of such a stupid ending to the championship .
    I was again impressed when he was reported to have been on the side of dropping the appeal despite having endured that stupid ending .

But , sadly , upon hearing that both he and Toto snubbed the affair , I see it as petty , and I question how sincere any congratulations were .

Even more sadly , rather than be a sullen affair for Lewis to have attended , I think , with his originally very magnanimous gestures of congratulations , he might have been up for many accolades and likely ovations at the party .
    I think it likely both he and Max would have been lauded almost equally .

It would have been a true display of the "stiff upper lip", worthy of a knight , to have shown up to see his rival take the trophy .
    I think he may have had a whack of pats on the back just for that reason alone , let alone all the great driving that had brought him there .

And so , we have a second ending that sucks .
    I think a very clear protest was required at least. It was a dodgy end to the season and the FIA did not make any effort to review what happened at the end of the race or the next day. They have not shown any motivation to understand if the action of their staff was conducted to their regulations. So l see no reason why Hamilton and Mercedes should attend the FIA ceremonies with the issue unaddressed. They have at least spared the FIA and F1 the aggravation of a long drawn out legal proceedings. I think that was magnanimous.

This is the sort of occasion when one misses Max Mosley. A controversial man but a stickler for fairness and proper procedures.

It would be a mistake for the new president to make an issue out of this. It would only serve to rub salt into wounds that are still very raw. And may lead to unexpected reactions.

On sincerity of Mercedes and Hamilton's congratulatory gestures, It was the right thing to do but does not need to be construed as being happy with the situation. Neither are they obliged to mean it.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 17th December 2021 at 19:47.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I don't understand your point. It's been bad all year so do nothing about it. What are you saying?
    I already had a thread on how FIA rules (Red flag rules) and Massi don't make sense. Your response was.

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze
    I don't think it is a rule that needs fixing as there is nothing wrong with it.
    You can't see the forest for the trees. If anything, you should be mad about the race results that were a two-lap cruise around the track. Not because Masi only cleared 5 of the 7 or 8 cars (when the rules give Massi the discretion to do that).

Now you want to see a change in the rules? Your problem is you never have a consistent position. You can't fight just when you don't like it when something goes against Hamilton. You have to be consistent regardless of whether it goes against him or not. Right is right, wrong is wrong. There is a lot wrong with the FIA.

The FIA rules and penalties need to be looked at and re-done. The whole steward system is crap. It is amateurish.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    I already had a thread on how FIA rules (Red flag rules) and Massi don't make sense. Your response was.

You can't see the forest for the trees. If anything, you should be mad about the race results that were a two-lap cruise around the track. Not because Masi only cleared 5 of the 7 or 8 cars (when the rules give Massi the discretion to do that).

Now you want to see a change in the rules? Your problem is you never have a consistent position. You can't fight just when you don't like it when something goes against Hamilton. You have to be consistent regardless of whether it goes against him or not. Right is right, wrong is wrong. There is a lot wrong with the FIA.

The FIA rules and penalties need to be looked at and re-done. The whole steward system is crap. It is amateurish.

Hello F1nkie. I think you are being inconsistent. Your post was about stopping teams from fixing or changing tyres during red flags. Which the rules allow l might add. Abu Dhabi is about a decision that is not supported by the rules. You seem to have some confusion of what you stand for and what you are arguing about. Read all the threads about this issue and post your perspective with respect to other posters.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,368 Times in 711 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    the work of a Red Bull-favouring race director
    What do you base this statement on?
    This incident alone, or more that you can prove that he is biased?

Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    It is not a simple case of bias. We all deep down think he is on the take. He is likely to be as dirty as they come.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    It is not a simple case of bias. We all deep down think he is on the take. He is likely to be as dirty as they come.
    Rather than thinking he's on the take , I think he was a guy in a really high pressure , and excessively awkward moment , who made a really bad decision .

So , I'll thank you for not including me in your idea of what's deep down in all of us .

I want you to note my use of the word "think" in my first paragraph .
    It denotes that it is my opinion .

7. Likes: airshifter (22nd December 2021)
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Hello F1nkie. I think you are being inconsistent.
    One thing about you is you are consistently wrong on everything.

Your post was about stopping teams from fixing or changing tyres during red flags.
    It was much more than that, but as usual you can grasp more than one thing at a time.

Abu Dhabi is about a decision that is not supported by the rules.
    I guess you didn't get the memo, Mercedes lost the appeal - why because the rules allow the race director to override any rule within the rules.

You seem to have some confusion of what you stand for and what you are arguing about.
    What does this even mean?

You might go change your tampon.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

who regulates the regulator

Hello F1nkie. I think you are being inconsistent. Your post was about stopping teams from fixing or changing tyres during red flags. Which the rules allow l might add. Abu Dhabi is about a decision that is not supported by the rules. You seem to have some confusion of what you stand for and what you are arguing about. Read all the threads about this issue and post your perspective with respect to other posters.
    Having been a fan of F1 for many years this type incident does not do the sport any good at all. It seems that the Fia can be manipulated
    and it is so obvious that no way was Hamilton going to be able to be ALLOWED another winning year. Verstappen was boosted up all the way by the media etc which is a wonder his head fitted into his helmet and his attitude is one which should not be admired in the sport.
    I have seen them all come and go but this has been the worst ever.

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    In this case, I was talking theoretically - that if Masi was trying to help Red Bull or Verstappen, Hamilton pitting (and ceding track position to Verstappen) would have enabled him to do so without bending or breaking any rules, he could have just left the SC out to the chequered flag.

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Does "we all" refer to a few prebubescent LH fans?