Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Liked 398 Times in 291 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Is anyone else getting a little tired of the "Will Lewis Quit ?" question ?

I picture him , sitting with his dog , eating veggie burgers , while reading a litany of opinions from every single person who's ever been related to F1 in any obscure way at all , giggling away between every bite .

I know he won't run out of veggie burgers , but he may have his fans start to lose patience pretty soon if he doesn't get his poop in a group .

And , if Merc doesn't really doesn't know what's going on , it's going to make them look really stupid before long , and negate the pile of publicity it has created .
    I would gladly pay to stop all the newsfeed articles on the speculation and how Lewis went silent on social media. It's not a life changing thing to me whether he stays or retires. But, much like yourself obviously, I think he's staying. Either that or he is going to hardcore punk Merc by not letting them know for sure.

But I don't know... rumor has it he is getting rid of his cars. Maybe he will pull a Mike Thackwell and get rid of all his material stuff? It's an interesting red while we wait for testing to start, and I managed to find nested in between all the stories about Lewis and Max.

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/hi...-motorsport%2F

A quote from the article, which I find very true in todays age.

“I'm not vainglorious. I got out of the sport because of the vanity, the greed, self-obsession, the elitism and the lack of humbleness,” he begins before conceding, “but that’s me, you know, it was my problem because I couldn't deal with it. I wasn't good enough to deal with that sort of stuff.”

Liked 459 Times in 356 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I would gladly pay to stop all the newsfeed articles on the speculation and how Lewis went silent on social media. It's not a life changing thing to me whether he stays or retires. But, much like yourself obviously, I think he's staying. Either that or he is going to hardcore punk Merc by not letting them know for sure.

But I don't know... rumor has it he is getting rid of his cars. Maybe he will pull a Mike Thackwell and get rid of all his material stuff? It's an interesting red while we wait for testing to start, and I managed to find nested in between all the stories about Lewis and Max.

https://www.goodwood.com/grr/race/hi...-motorsport%2F

A quote from the article, which I find very true in todays age.

“I'm not vainglorious. I got out of the sport because of the vanity, the greed, self-obsession, the elitism and the lack of humbleness,” he begins before conceding, “but that’s me, you know, it was my problem because I couldn't deal with it. I wasn't good enough to deal with that sort of stuff.”
    I don't really care whether Lewis retires or not. Like yourself I am keeping away from F1 news articles right now because it's just all the same speculation- I can't see him leaving Mercedes in the lurch as Rosberg did in 2016. They'd probably have to negotiate Bottas return or they'd be in a very bad situation. He's not that kind of person so I'd imagine he'll return.

I'll start looking at the news articles again once the car launches begin.