Page 3 of 78 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Hey Fortitude , do you ever make a comment yourself , in your own words ?

I don't want to offend , but it would be nice to hear your opinion , rather than a group of articles from elsewhere .

What did you think of the season ?

2. Likes: airshifter (20th February 2022),andyone (13th February 2022),Fortitude (7th January 2022),gm99 (9th January 2022),The Black Knight (8th January 2022)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Wolff explains why he ‘absolutely’ thinks Ferrari will be a threat in 2022
    Ferrari improved to third in the Constructors' Standings in 2021, and Toto Wolff believes the Scuderia will be competitive in 2022.
    by Rob Kershaw
    4 January 2022

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff is confident that Ferrari will cause disruption at the pointy end of the F1 grid in 2022, placing them among the teams that will be strong next year.

https://formula1news.co.uk/wolff-exp...i-threat-2022/

Ferrari: ‘very naive’ to assume catching Mercedes and Red Bull will be easy
    Hamilton Lyndon-Griffiths
    04/01/2022

Ferrari says it would be “very naive” to expect it can easily close the gap to Red Bull and Mercedes under Formula 1’s new technical regulations this year.

Mercedes and Red Bull’s season-long title fight meant neither team could afford to shift focus to their 2022 challengers, giving its rivals renewed hope it can challenge the pair for both championships this year.

But Ferrari sporting director Laurent Mekies doesn’t expect Mercedes and Red Bull to be left playing catch up this year, despite both teams developing their 2021 cars until late in the season amid their title battle.

https://readmotorsport.com/2022/01/0...-will-be-easy/

Brad Pitt to star in $140-million Formula 1 movie
    Editor
    6 January, 2022

Hollywood appears to have been swooped up in Formula 1 mania in the wake of an epic 2021 season with Brad Pitt now reportedly set to make a big-budget Apple-backed movie with the sport as the theme.

The storyline is reportedly about an F1 veteran (Pitt) coming out of retirement to mentor a young upstart while trying to win a final World Championship.

Deadline reports that the budget for the project was in the $130-million to $140-million range “before above-the-line compensation” and adds that the big appeal is the star power of Pitt.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/01...rmula-1-movie/

Alonso: Alpine set ‘benchmark’ in off-track operations
    Date published: January 7 2022 - Henry Valantine

Fernando Alonso believes Alpine are “almost a benchmark team” when it comes to how they execute their plans at race weekends.

The team finished mid-table in the Constructors’ Championship, with Esteban Ocon’s win in Hungary alongside Alonso’s podium from Qatar being the high points of their season overall.

While their on-track performance didn’t match up to their rivals overall, Alonso acknowledged the need to put themselves in contention for victories in 2022 – having shifted their focus onto their new car early in the season.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/fernan...enchmark-team/

Alpine experiencing ‘encouraging’ signs for 2022
    Date published: January 5 2022 - Henry Valantine

Alpine executive director Marcin Budkowski says he’s seeing “encouraging” signs at the team ahead of 2022, but admits it’s not yet possible to know where they stack up against others on the grid.

They pinpointed the need for their 2022 power unit to improve if they are to make a “big leap” in their performance. Away from the track, Budkowski credits behind-the-scenes changes in recent seasons beginning to “bear its fruits” for the team’s upturn, and hopes it will be able to continue.

“It has changed an awful lot in the last few years and that change is starting to bear its fruits. It certainly does at the track, and it certainly does at the factory, even though it is not visible yet because our focus for more than two years has been next year’s car.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/alpine...igns-2022-car/

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    So , you liked my post , asking you what you thought of the season , but you return it with more links .

I (and others , obviously ) am getting a touch tired of scrolling through your posts to get to a point , any point , made by yourself on the content of your posted articles .
    I wander through a compiler of F1 sites before I come here , so I've seen much of what you post before I arrive , so I hope you can imagine how tedious it is to see it all again when I'm looking for debate or discussion about the current topic(s) .

Maybe it's handy for some , but I suspect many of the rest of us also roam the web to be informed before we arrive , so , not so helpful for the majority .

I will ask again .

Please answer without any links .

5. Likes: airshifter (9th January 2022)
    Audi and Porsche set to enter F1 as engine suppliers, McLaren to be sold
    Porsche and Audi are said to have agreed a deal to power McLaren and Red Bull with brand-new powertrains from 2026.

by Rob Kershaw
    8 January 2022

Audi and Porsche are set to enter Formula 1 as engine suppliers in 2026, according to Car Magazine.

Rumours circulated earlier in the season that Audi had agreed a deal to buy the McLaren Group, but these were quickly dismissed by the Woking-based outfit.

Car Magazine suggest that Lambourghini, Porsche and Audi will all benefit from the deal.

It has been reported that Porsche, meanwhile, are in talks with Red Bull about supplying them with powertrains in a few years’ time.

https://formula1news.co.uk/audi-and-...en-to-be-sold/

McLaren confident there’s “more to come” from Ricciardo in 2022
    RaceFans Round-up
    Posted on
    7th January 2022, 0:017th January 2022, 10:29 | Written by Will Wood

In the round-up: McLaren’s Andrea Stella expects to see more from Daniel Ricciardo in his second season with the team in 2022
    McLaren racing director Andrea Stella says he anticipates that Daniel Ricciardo will find more performance than he was able to show through the 2021 season.

https://www.racefans.net/2022/01/07/...nd-up-07-01-4/

How Vettel helped Aston Martin fix "little quirks" in 2021
    Ian Parkes & Sam Hall
    Thursday 6 January 2022 17:10

Former Aston Martin team principal Otmar Szafnauer has paid tribute to the confidence brought to the team by Sebastian Vettel that helped fix the "little quirks" of the AMR21.

Aston Martin struggled in 2021 and dropped down the order after a number of aerodynamic changes were made ahead of the season that affected the low-rake cars, including Mercedes and Aston Martin, more than high-rake cars.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/74...uirks-in-2021/

Vettel finds his mojo as Stroll means business - What we learned from Aston Martin in 2021
    Ewan Gale
    Friday 7 January 2022 11:15

The biggest plus for Aston Martin is the title-winning experience Vettel has brought to the team, with his knowledge an asset that could help to team build towards becoming a front-running outfit.

The construction of the team's new Silverstone facility finally began last year, with the new state of the art buildings suggested to be the most advanced F1 has seen.

That money, combined with the signing of Vettel for last year and the consistent hiring of new personnel, such as Dan Fallows from Red Bull and instigating the F1 return of former McLaren team principal Martin Whitmarsh, prove owner Lawrence Stroll is not associated purely as a hobby.

No, this team is aiming for the very top of F1 has set a target of the middle of the current decade to compete. What 2021 provided was a foundation, the beginning of the journey.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/74...artin-in-2021/

Haas see little chance of 'doing a Brawn' but have high expectations for 2022
    Ben Issatt

05 January 2022

Haas have high expectations for 2022 but believe repeating Brawn GP's 2009 fairytale is highly unlikely.

The American outfit spent the entirety of last season at the back of the grid after opting to focus all resources solely on the new regulations for this year.

That decision is reminiscent of 2008 when Honda put all their attention into the new 2009 design, and created the innovative double diffuser, which would go on to win both championships after Ross Brawn had bought the team when the Japanese manufacturer pulled out.

https://www.insideracing.com/formula...tions-for-2022

Haas crew "never gave up" despite struggles of 2021 F1 season - Steiner
    F1 Connor McDonagh
    5 Jan 2022

Guenther Steiner says he was “quite impressed” by how his Haas Formula 1 team "never gave up" despite its struggles throughout the 2021 season.
    Haas was the only F1 team that failed to score points across the 22 races in 2021.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/995096...season-steiner

Williams get $35.7mn financial boost after legal battle
    Williams ended their partnership with ROKiT ahead of the 2020 season despite previously agreeing an extension until the end of 2023.

by Rob Kershaw
    7 January 2022

Williams have won a legal battle with their former title sponsor after it was found the team was not paid the money they were contractually owed.

ROKiT, a telecommunications company, became the Williams team’s title sponsor at the beginning of the 2019 season, with the British outfit in dire straits financially.

It was then found that an employee at ROKiT had sent Williams a document indicating a payment of $24.4 million, making it enforceable.

https://formula1news.co.uk/williams-...-legal-battle/

Russell details Button's positive influence at Williams
    ‎05‎ ‎January‎ ‎15‎:‎10
    Author Anna Francis
    Co-author Dieter Rencken

Jenson Button became a senior advisor to the Williams team at the beginning of 2021, and George Russell has explained how the former F1 driver contributed to the Grove-based outfit over the course of the season.

In terms of Button's Williams role, Russell has revealed how the 2009 World Champion had a visible presence within the team during the year, and admits that this was a valuable asset to have.

Williams saw an improvement in their fortunes in 2021. The British outfit finished eighth in the Constructors' Championship with 23 points, a significant step forward from having scored no points in 2020.

https://racingnews365.com/russell-de...ce-at-williams

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    So , you liked my post , asking you what you thought of the season , but you return it with more links .

I (and others , obviously ) am getting a touch tired of scrolling through your posts to get to a point , any point , made by yourself on the content of your posted articles .
    I wander through a compiler of F1 sites before I come here , so I've seen much of what you post before I arrive , so I hope you can imagine how tedious it is to see it all again when I'm looking for debate or discussion about the current topic(s) .

Maybe it's handy for some , but I suspect many of the rest of us also roam the web to be informed before we arrive , so , not so helpful for the majority .

I will ask again .

Please answer without any links .
    I can't figure it out either Bagwan. At one point there were actual comments and not just links. Oh well......

I get so much F1 stuff on my phone news feed that it's the last thing I need when I come to the forum, I've already caught up on most of it by then.

I'm hoping for big changes in 2022, and hopefully more big battles.

9. Likes: Bagwan (9th January 2022)
    Red Bull are Anderson’s pick to master 2022 regs
    Date published: January 8 2022 - Jamie Woodhouse

Formula 1 designer and pundit Gary Anderson believes that if one team ‘aces’ the new 2022 regulations, it will be Red Bull.

The series is undergoing one of the biggest regulatory shifts yet with the 2022 cars, which will see a switch to a completely different aerodynamic concept, with the FIA then tightening up design freedoms to protect their aims of bunching up the pack, allowing closer racing and increasing the number of overtakes.

“If I were to put money on who would find the best solution to a new set of chassis and aerodynamic regulations, it would be Red Bull,” he wrote in a piece for The Race.

“There’s a good reason why it’s often said Adrian Newey (Red Bull chief technical officer) can ‘see’ airflow. Even though I don’t agree with that statement, it’s certainly true he has an inspirational vision and commitment to concept.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/gary-a...ull-2022-regs/

Hill reveals what most surprised him about Verstappen during first interview
    Damon Hill admits being taken aback by Max Verstappen when he first interviewed the Dutchman after he was given his debut opportunity in F1 at the age of 17.

Author: Anna Francis
    09/01/2022, ‎08‎:‎40

Reflecting on his first experience of interviewing Verstappen with fellow Sky Sports presenter Natalie Pinkham, Hill says he taken aback by how mature the then-teenage driver was.

"We interviewed him, and I just couldn't believe I was talking to this 17-year-old who absolutely had an answer for everything, and [he was] so just completely confident that his view was correct.

"He had confidence in his own views, and he had answers. Unbelievable."

https://racingnews365.com/hill-revea...irst-interview

How Ferrari will 'dictate' driver seniority in new season
    Ian Parkes & Ewan Gale
    Saturday 8 January 2022 13:20

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has confirmed Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz will be treated as equals this year but insisted the team's policy could change depending on championship position.

Despite his new surroundings, however, Sainz was able to beat Leclerc and both McLaren drivers to secure the 'best of the rest' spot of fifth in the standings.

With Ferrari hopeful of a championship charge during the upcoming season in which F1 rule changes are likely to shake up the order, Binotto was asked, in a media briefing including GPFans, whether clear outlines of number one and two drivers had been discussed.

"In terms of drivers, as we often say, that it is on the track that we dictated it," insisted Binotto.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/74...in-new-season/

Ferrari "cannot be confident" of title charge despite 2022 focus
    Ian Parkes & Ewan Gale
    Friday 7 January 2022 12:30

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has conceded he "cannot be confident" of a title charge this year despite a priority being put on the 2022 car last season.

"First, I cannot be confident," replied Binotto.

"The reason why it seems [like] that [is] if I look at the gap [to Mercedes and Red Bull], it's still significant, showing that those teams are very strong.

"The fact we have put a lot of effort on the 2022 [car], putting the priority [on it] was for us a necessity because we knew that if we would not have done that, it would have been difficult for us to have a good car or a competitive car in 2022. So for us, it was more a necessity.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/74...te-2022-focus/

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Definitely changes coming. Aston Martin shakeup. Fuel change (more ethanol) and Red Bull is reporting it has impacted their engine performance.

Hamilton in a full social media blackout.

Gasly goes public with his annoyance with Red Bull.

12. Likes: Fortitude (10th January 2022)
    2022 F1 Predictions
    written by Rahul Saha January 6, 2022

History suggests one or two teams would unearth some groundbreaking innovation and blow away their competitors like Brawn GP in 2009 or Mercedes in 2014, while the rest would play catch-up throughout the year. Experts and the community, in general, feel it will again be a “Mercedes v Red Bull” two-horse race for the World Constructors’ Championship, while there is renewed optimism around Ferrari to deliver their first title since 2008.

Teams like Alpine and Aston Martin could spring a surprise and be front-runners come Bahrain, while the silence around Haas and Williams make them one to watch when the cars hit the track on February 23.

Alfa Romeo will be the biggest gainers

Alpine will be in the mix for regular podiums

Ferrari will challenge for both WDC and WCC

Lewis will show Russell his place

Aston Martin will be 2022’s dark horses

https://sportskhabri.com/2022-f1-predictions/

F1 2022 predictions: Ferrari’s rebirth, young Brits in the title fight and Verstappen vs Hamilton II
    Here’s a taste of what we can look forward to when the next Formula One season gets underway in Bahrain

By Kevin Garside
    Chief Sports Correspondent
    December 16, 2021 4:02 pm(Updated 4:04 pm)

Verstappen vs Hamilton II

Ferrari’s rebirth

Russell could be Hamilton’s biggest challenger

Expect Norris to be in the title fight (if McLaren get pre-season right)

Rule changes could level competition

https://inews.co.uk/sport/formula-on...milton-1351759

Analysis: Which teams could gain the most from F1’s 2022 rules revolution
    RacingLines
    Posted on
    10th November 2021, 12:0011th November 2021, 9:12 | Written by Dieter Rencken

Virtually every discussion about the 2022 Formula 1 season with team personnel – whatever status they occupy within their organisations – ends with optimistic noises about the opportunity presented by the coming overhaul of the technical rules.

Yet overlooked in all this bullishness is the inescapable fact that for every team that progresses, another most go backwards.

Mercedes
    The team has amongst the best facilities and resources and enjoys the momentum of a seven-year hegemony. Only a brave gambler would bet on a sub-top-three placing

Red Bull Racing
    With a technical director (Adrian Newey) who is an ace aerodynamicist… …and the most committed driver on the current grid (Max Verstappen)… …Red Bull could again be in the mix for top honours.

Ferrari
    Having Rory Byrne, who designed Ferrari’s record-setting 1998-2007 cars, aboard as consultant is Ferrari’s ace card. …there are no doubts that Ferrari is on the way up.

Alpine
    On the plus side it has the vastly experienced Pat Fry as technical director, while Fernando Alonso’s dogged determination, supported by the zest of Esteban Ocon, occasionally takes the team to places it has no right to be.

AlphaTauri
    Will the team move up from 6th next year? That will prove a major challenge…

Aston Martin
    Strengths are Sebastian Vettel’s development ability, intensive recruitment of senior technical personnel… …and the sourcing of complete Mercedes back-ends, which has basically proven bullet-proof.

Williams
    Capital expenditure investments made by new owners Dorilton have given the team a new lease of life… Williams should move up… The questions are: how far, and who will slide down?

Alfa Romeo
    Signing Valtteri Bottas, who has run Hamilton close on occasion, is a coup which should pay dividends on the race and development sides… …the team is confident of moving up.

Haas
    Team boss Guenther Steiner told RaceFans in Mexico, “we can’t go further back,”…

MORE DETAIL HERE;

https://www.racefans.net/2021/11/10/...-of-the-field/

Five Predictions for the 2022 F1 Campaign
    Troy Francks
    20 December, 2021

Edge of Your Seat
    The best vehicles and drivers will still thrive, but the races themselves could be spectacular, unpredictable events that will only build on the brilliance of 2021.

Red Bull’s Wings Clipped?
    They have deep pockets and a background well versed in aerodynamics, so let’s not be too hasty to write them off.

Back-Up Brit
    For many who watched the up-and-comer’s ascent, great things are anticipated. Whether that’s the case as soon in 2022 remains to be seen…

Prancing Horse Hot to Trot
    There are those who believe that Ferrari will be amongst the teams that benefit the most from the 2022 rule changes. …it’s expected that better days are around the corner for Ferrari.

Consistent Norris to Improve Further
    If McLaren kicks in in 2022, Norris looks set to be the chief beneficiary.

MORE DETAIL HERE;

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/12...2-f1-campaign/

14. Likes: F1nKS (11th January 2022)
    Lewis Hamilton only ‘50-50’ to return to F1 for 2022 season, Alain Prost claims
    Hamilton was left ‘disillusioned’ after he was beaten to the title by Max Verstappen and has yet to give an update on his future plans

Sports Staff
    11/01/2022

There is only a “50-50” chance that Lewis Hamilton returns to Formula One for the 2022 season, according to four-time world champion Alain Prost.

In withdrawing their appeal of the race result, Mercedes confirmed they would “actively work” with the FIA to “build a better Formula One” but there have been reports that Hamilton is now considering taking a sabbatical, with just over two months ahead of the start of the 2022 campaign.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1990782.html

Hamilton "took a hell of a blow to the head" - Prost
    Tuesday 11 January 2022 12:04

Alain Prost believes there is only a "50-50" chance Lewis Hamilton will return to F1 this season.

"He took a hell of a blow to the head, but it would be really sad if he wasn't here this season."

Prost is hopeful the new rules for the coming season, with the cars sporting different aerodynamic architecture in a bid to promote closer racing, will be enough of a lure to Hamilton, who has two years remaining on his Mercedes contract.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/74...he-head-prost/

Ecclestone responds to claims Hamilton was ‘robbed’ at 2021 Abu Dhabi GP
    Max Verstappen bear Sir Lewis Hamilton to the 2021 championship on the final lap of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in controversial circumstances.

by Rob Kershaw
    10 January 202210 January 2022

Former Formula 1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone has rubbished claims that the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix was “manipulated”, insisting that Max Verstappen beat Sir Lewis Hamilton “fair and square.”

“About being robbed, it’s complete and utter nonsense,” he told Sky Sports.

He cited the first lap incident at Turn 6, in which Verstappen attempted a diving move down the inside of the Mercedes driver, making slight contact with his rival.

“Lewis wasn’t punished at all for this so he shouldn’t be complaining too much.

https://formula1news.co.uk/eccleston...-abu-dhabi-gp/

Ecclestone: It's a problem there aren't any more Kimis on the grid
    11/01/2022, ‎13‎:‎02
    Author Thomas Maher

Bernie Ecclestone has said that it's a bad thing there aren't any more drivers like Kimi Raikkonen on the grid.

Having spent 20 years racing at the top level of motorsport, he was almost as famous for his no-nonsense nature that constantly frustrated the media in interviews as he was for his speed and talent.

It's that unwillingness to become a PR-friendly "robot" that impressed former F1 boss Bernie Ecclestone, who was at the helm of the sport for the first three quarters of Raikkonen's F1 career.

https://racingnews365.com/ecclestone...is-on-the-grid