Page 1 of 78 1231151 ... LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2022 - A Look Ahead

73 Days to the first preseason testing (Feb 23-25) and 95 days to the start of the first week of racing in Bahrain.

Going back to the low rake cars - will Mercedes be overly dominant?

Will Aston Martin revert to 2020 results?

Will Haas show their decision to play the long game be the right one?

So what are your predictions?

1. Who will be the Top 4 teams in 2022?
    2. Who will be the Top 4 drivers in 2022?
    3. What driver will be most improved?
    4. What team will be most improved?
    5. What team will surprise?
    6. What team will disappoint?
    7. Will Massi still have a job?
    8. Will Mercedes quit?
    9. Will Max be in a car that can defend his 2021 championship?

2. Likes: andyone (13th February 2022),Fortitude (25th December 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    1. The usual big 3.. and McLaren!
    2. LeClerc, Sainz, Hamilton, Russell and Norris.
    3. Russell (In results at least)
    4. Ferrari
    5. Williams
    6. Red Bull.
    7. No
    8. No, but maybe at the end of year if they don't win again.
    9. No.

Total stabs in the dark..

What are your predictions F1nks?

Liked 1,068 Times in 599 Posts
    1. Who will be the Top 4 teams in 2022? Merc, RB, McL, Fer
    2. Who will be the Top 4 drivers in 2022? Hamilton, Verstappen, Perez, Norris
    3. What driver will be most improved? Schumacher, Tsunoda, Norris, Ocon
    4. What team will be most improved? Alpine
    5. What team will surprise? Alpine
    6. What team will disappoint? Aston Martin
    7. Will Masi still have a job? I hope not
    8. Will Mercedes quit? I don't think so. If Hamilton loses it will only drive him to win his 8th.
    9. Will Max be in a car that can defend his 2021 championship? Yes
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post

What are your predictions F1nks?
    I didn't want undue influence anybody

1. Who will be the Top 4 teams in 2022? Mercedes, Ferrari, Red Bull, Mcclaren
    2. Who will be the Top 4 drivers in 2022? Hamilton, Sainz, Verstappen, Norris
    3. What driver will be most improved? Yuki, Schumacher
    4. What team will be most improved? Ferrari
    5. What team will surprise? Haas
    6. What team will disappoint? Aston Martin -
    7. Will Massi still have a job? No
    8. Will Mercedes quit? No
    9. Will Max be in a car that can defend his 2021 championship? No. I think the low rake design of the rules bounces it back to Mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    5. Williams
    I wanted to put Albon in my predictions, but did not know where, but if Williams does surprise, in part I think it will be them adding Albon to their team.

Liked 668 Times in 466 Posts
    If you ask me, no sense in making any predictions until we see who got it right. Obviously the bigger teams are expected to get it closer to right, but with the budget caps maybe not so much. Drivers will often fall in place with cars, since we can't see the best talents shine in the worst cars.

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    If you ask me, no sense in making any predictions until we see who got it right.
    It is merely a starting point to discuss things in anticipation of the 2022 season.

Audi has announced they are looking at coming in as an engine supplier for the new engine rules.

Mick Schumacher will be the Ferrari reserve driver for 11 races in 2022.

Horner has been given a contract extension through 2026.

Liked 790 Times in 586 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    If you ask me, no sense in making any predictions until we see who got it right. Obviously the bigger teams are expected to get it closer to right, but with the budget caps maybe not so much. Drivers will often fall in place with cars, since we can't see the best talents shine in the worst cars.
    Does that mean you're doing a "Rosberg" , and not putting a team into the FGP ?

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Ross Brawn on his way out of F1 in 2022
    Editor
    23 December, 2021

Ross Brawn, Formula 1 Managing Director of Motorsport, who has been integral in the introduction of the new aero regulations is set to exit the sport in 2022, reports have claimed.

Brawn who’s most recent role in F1, prior to becoming Managing Director of the sport, was team principal at Mercedes. The Briton left the team at the end of 2013 as part of a management re-shuffle with Toto Wolff taking over as team boss and the late Niki Lauda joining as non-executive chairman.

Brawn resurfaced in 2017 as Liberty Media hired him to manage to sporting aspect of F1 after taking over the sport, and has been in that role ever since.

However it has been reported by Autosport that Brawn, the former Ferrari technical director, was set to leave his role within F1 at the end of 2022.

Autosport has referenced the news to “a document issued by F1 as an update on future developments within the organisation”.

The report also mentioned that there are no clear plans whether the former Brawn GP team owner is set to retain any “honorary or consultancy role with the F1 organisation” and whether a successor has been lined up to replace him.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/12...of-f1-in-2022/

Binotto: Team made significant innovations for 2022 car
    Jad Mallak
    24 December, 2021

Ferrari finished this Formula 1 season third in the Constructors’ Standings, but looks to make a breakthrough next year, with Mattia Binotto claiming the team made significant innovations with the 2022 car.

The 2020 season was one to forget for Ferrari, as the team endured a winless season on their way to a miserable sixth in the Constructors’ table with a slow car marred by an under-delivering power-unit.

Despite the limitations on car development this year, and the team announcing that their full focus and priority are towards 2022 and the car that is to be built under the new aero regulations, the team was able to recover some performance, introducing a new power unit mid season, and finishing third in the Teams’ Championships having beaten McLaren to it.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/12...-for-2022-car/

Bernie Ecclestone questions Toto Wolff's Mercedes future after Abu Dhabi heartbreak
    Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has claimed to be "disillusioned" with the finish to the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and boycotted the annual FIA prize-gala in Paris this month
    By Fraser Watson
    Sports Trends Writer
    14:03, 24 Dec 2021

Bernie Ecclestone has questioned Toto Wolff's position at Mercedes after Max Verstappen dramatically beat Lewis Hamilton to the F1 drivers' title.

…during a virtual press conference Wolff made his feelings on the matter clear, saying he and Hamilton both felt "disillusioned" by the outcome whilst confirming the pair were boycotting the annual FIA prize-giving gala in Paris.

And now Ecclestone, the former chief executive of F1, has cast doubt on Wolff's future with the British-based team.

"I don't know whether Toto Wolff, with a third of the team shares, is still in the same strong position as before," the 91-year-old told Swiss outlet Blick .

"But we will find out at some point."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...cedes-25780550