Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst ... 345671555 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Mercedes reveals 2022 F1 car launch and Silverstone shakedown date
    F1
    Lewis Larkam
    18 Jan 2022

Mercedes will shakedown its 2022 Formula 1 car for the first time on February 18 at Silverstone following an online launch event.

The reigning F1 world champions became the fourth team to confirm its launch plans on Tuesday, with Mercedes set to take the covers off its W13 E Performance one day after Ferrari reveals its new car.

After unveiling its 2022 F1 car in a “special digital launch event”, Mercedes’ latest challenger will then make its track debut at Silverstone with a shakedown programme to complete initial system checks.

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/995425...shakedown-date

Romain Grosjean to drive Lewis Hamilton's car as Brit's future remains unclear
    LEWIS HAMILTON has not confirmed his return for the 2022 season.
    By CHARLIE GORDON
    09:24, Wed, Jan 19, 2022 | UPDATED: 09:26, Wed, Jan 19, 2022

Romain Grosjean could be given the opportunity of a private test in Mercedes' 2019 World Championship-winning car, following an offer made by team boss Toto Wolff in 2020. The Silver Arrows, meanwhile, are still seemingly unsure about the future of star driver Lewis Hamilton, whose silence continues following a painful end to the 2021 season.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...des-toto-wolff

CHRISTIAN HORNER
    Horner reveals how Verstappen will prepare for title defence

19/01/2022Today, ‎08‎:‎05
    Author Dieter Rencken
    Co-author Thomas Maher

Speaking in an exclusive interview with RacingNews365.com, Christian Horner has outlined how Max Verstappen has switched his mental focus to the 2022 season.

"Max went off to do family stuff over Christmas and New Year for a break and last week he has bought back into his training, so he's all good," Horner told RacingNews365.com in an exclusive interview.

"It was a tough season last year, tough for everybody, so [it was] good to get a bit of downtime over Christmas and the New Year to reflect on an amazing year and recharge the batteries a bit.

"Then, in January, he's been ramping it back up and training hard and looking forward to the season ahead."

Horner went on to explain that Verstappen is due back in the Red Bull factory over the coming days, and will take part in all his pre-season administration ahead of the car launch and official testing.

https://racingnews365.com/horner-rev...-title-defence

Ferrari outline PU changes for 2022
    Ian Parkes & Ewan Gale
    Wednesday 19 January 2022 13:30

Ferrari team principal Mattia Binotto has explained the extensive changes the Scuderia is making to its power unit ahead of the upcoming F1 season.

"We've got a new fuel, which is 10 per cent ethanol, which changes the combustion a lot, we are all losing more or less 20 horsepower, which means that the combustion itself is quite changed.
    "There were a lot of opportunities in development on the power unit and we change it quite a lot, especially in the design on the combustion itself."

"When looking at the car concept and what was possible or not, which is not only the external shape, whatever you could have done under the bodywork in terms of layout, in terms of suspension design, in terms of full architecture, including as well the power unit architecture, I see that the team made significant innovations and the overall design we are now finalising is quite different to the 2021 cars."

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/74...nges-for-2022/

Hülkenberg Queries Whether 2022 F1 Cars will be Easier to Follow than Before After Sim Runs
    By Paul Hensby
    January 12, 2022

Nico Hülkenberg believes it may still be tricky to follow in the 2022 Formula 1 cars despite a regulation change aimed at making it easier to be in the wake of another car.

“They aimed to [make the cars] a bit slower, more challenging to drive, to have more focus on drivers that can make a difference rather [than] car performance and aerodynamics dominating,” said Hülkenberg on his LinkedIn page as quoted by Motorsport.com.

“From my initial experience, however, the new cars are pretty damn fast and not necessarily slower than the last generation. The driving experience hasn’t changed that much either, at least in the simulator.

More DETAIL in the link;

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...fter-sim-runs/

F1 drivers disagree over 2022 cars after first tests
    Valtteri Bottas and Lando Norris have different viewpoints on the new car

Sarah Rendell
    Thursday 30 December 2021 10:26

“Definitely there will be a slightly different style,” Norris said. “I don’t think it’ll be as nice to drive in a way. I think it’ll be a little bit more on the limit in terms of pushing and so on.

“A little bit like F2 in a way, I think, where you see more fighting the car and stuff. But I could be wrong because things are always changing. It’s like what I drove one month ago is going to be quite very different to what I drive now, and it’s going to be very different probably again when we get to the first race.”

But Bottas, who joins Alfa Romeo from Mercedes for the upcoming season, disagrees and said the difference is minimal.

Further analysis here;

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1984281.html

Valtteri Bottas Says 2022 Formula 1 Cars “Not Crazy Different” in the Simulator
    29 Dec 2021, 13:35 UTC
    by Sergiu Tudose

“At least at that point, it felt like the cars are a bit off in terms of downforce,” said Bottas while referencing his run in the Mercedes simulator earlier this year, as well as his experience with Alfa Romeo.

“But the overall feeling, at least in the sim, wasn’t that dissimilar in either of the simulators. We can’t simulate following other cars and stuff like that, but it’s not crazy different. Maybe still a bit less downforce but, like I said, that will change.”

Interestingly enough, Bottas’ comments about 2022 cars in the sim don’t match what McLaren’s Lando Norris had to say about these next-gen racers, which he likened to F2.

“I don’t think it'll be as nice to drive in a way. I think it'll be a little bit more on the limit in terms of pushing and so on. A little bit like F2 in a way, I think, where you see more fighting the car and stuff,” he stated.

https://www.autoevolution.com/news/v...or-177788.html

F1 explains process to delivering more "raceable" 2022 cars
    Ian Parkes & Sam Hall
    Monday 10 January 2022 07:30

The sport will race to a completely new set of aerodynamic regulations this year with a large focus being placed on improving the raceability of the cars.

F1 managing director, motorsports, Ross Brawn has explained how the sport approached the creation of the all-new aerodynamics for the coming season.

The sport will race to a completely new set of aerodynamic regulations this year with a large focus being placed on improving the raceability of the cars.

One of the biggest issues plaguing action in recent times has been the amount of turbulent air created by aero components, reducing the downforce created by any car following another and adding to the difficulty of overtaking.

Speaking to the New York Times, Brawn explained the process followed by the five-man team led by Pat Symonds in fixing the problem.

Further discussion & explanation here;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/74...ble-2022-cars/

F1 reveal "rule-busting phase" to combat loopholes with 2022 cars
    Ian Parkes
    Sunday 16 January 2022 11:30

Ross Brawn has conceded to F1 undertaking "a rule-busting phase" in a bid to stop teams finding loopholes with this year's new regulations.

Asked in an interview with The New York Times whether any potential loopholes had been spotted on this occasion, Brawn replied: "If you look at what happened in real-time, especially when I was a technical director, it was the odd occasion when a team would come up with an interpretation.

"Therefore, it was quite extreme in terms of when that happened. It didn't happen every day of the week.”

"Trying to anticipate every loophole or every interpretation is very difficult but for sure, our process was to understand the problem, design around eliminating the problem.”

Questioned on whether there was the prospect of another Brawn double diffuser in the pipeline, he said: "I don't think so, no.

More DETAIL here;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/74...ith-2022-cars/

Andretti picks out the F1 drivers he expects to shine in 2022
    20th Jan 2022, ‎16‎:‎25
    Author Thomas Maher
    Co-author Mike Seymour

In an exclusive interview with RacingNews365.com, 1978 F1 World Champion Mario Andretti has picked out the talents he will be keeping an eye on this season.

"I think Lando [Norris] is at the point where he could be a force to be reckoned with," Andretti said in an exclusive interview with RacingNews365.com, before choosing one of the Ferrari drivers as his next contender.

"I think Carlos Sainz has really shown some promise; he's shown to really be coming into his own, in his own comfortable position there, with Ferrari. I think he has pushed Charles Leclerc a little bit and made him a bit nervous at times – you could see [it].

"Daniel Ricciardo has [also] shown tremendous ability to be up at the top with a top team."

Further insight;

https://racingnews365.com/exclusive-...-shine-in-2022

Ex-F1 driver warns Masi decision may have poured ‘big jug of water’ over Hamilton’s raging fire
    Sir Lewis Hamilton's silence since the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in December has sparked rumours that he is considering retiring from Formula 1.
    by Rob Kershaw
    20 January 202220 January 2022

Former Formula 1 driver Perry McCarthy has said he cannot rule out the possibility of Sir Lewis Hamilton retiring following the contentious end to the 2021 season.

“To win a world championship, what that takes mentally, that sustained drive and living under that pressure, day in day out to win a world championship is absolutely incredible.

“Then what you’ve got with Lewis is that to have won so many championships, there are so many people out there who just say ‘oh well he’s got the best car plug him in and there you go and he’s up against [Valtteri] Bottas who’s no good, So he’s got it all covered.’

The former Andrea Moda driver also affirms that Hamilton’s battle with Verstappen last year will have taken a lot out of him.

More opinion;

https://formula1news.co.uk/masi-deci...s-raging-fire/

Schumacher: No sim testing with Haas ahead of 2022 season
    Phillip van Osten13/01/2022 at 10:0913/01/2022 at 10:06

Pre-season preparations in F1 typically involve many hours of sim work for teams and drivers, and the groundwork has been underway for several months now for most outfits given the sport's significant regulation changes.

However, Haas' factory in Banbury is not equipped with a simulator, and while the team's design office has been hard at work on its 2022 contender since early last year, there will be no opportunity for Schumacher or teammate Nikita Mazepin to virtually put their new car through its paces or test its concept.

https://f1i.com/news/430239-schumach...22-season.html

Steiner wants his drivers to ‘learn the hard way’
    Date published: January 13 2022 - Finley Crebolder

Guenther Steiner says he doesn’t want to pamper Mick Schumacher and Nikita Mazepin and feels it’s better they learn things “the hard way”.

“We knew beforehand what we were doing. But I didn’t fully understand what was going to happen. You learn and realize what makes these young guys tick. How inexperienced they are and how much help they need.

“Some of the things they need to learn cannot be taught to them. You can only guide them. They have to swim themselves or they’ll go under. It’s a full-time job keeping them afloat. And I don’t want to. It’s better if they learn the hard way. Then they’ll have it in there. It’s better than pampering them.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/guenth...rning-process/

Haas full focus on 2022 "wasn't a gamble"
    Ian Parkes & Sam Hall
    Tuesday 11 January 2022

Guenther Steiner is adamant Haas' sole focus on its 2022 car last season "wasn't a gamble" as he is confident of a points return this year.

Steiner explained: "It wasn't a gamble [not] to do anything for the '21 car. That was just a loss. It wasn't something worth a gamble.

For Steiner, however, there are signs of a recovery he feels are akin to those witnessed during the team's better days.

"I see similarities to the years when we were fighting for the points most of the time," he added.

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/74...sn-t-a-gamble/

Ferrari say NO to Todt, Valentino Rossi also unwanted
    Paul Velasco
    20 January, 2022

Jean Todt’s availability to return to Ferrari in a figurehead role is unlikely to happen as chairman John Elkann is not interested in the former FIA President returning to aid Mattia Binotto.

…the powers that be at Maranello saw no value in having 42-year-old Rossi as part of the programme, and deemed him too inexperienced to be part of the Ferrari works effort.

Todt’s availability made such a move seem logical, but logic and Ferrari seldom apply these days as Corriere F1 correspondent Giorgio Terruzzi reported: “The proposed return of the former FIA President – who worked at Ferrari from 1993 to 2009 accompanying Michael Schumacher’s happy adventure – was actually presented by Todt himself to John Elkann.

2022 will be a year of reckoning for Ferrari, should they not produce a competitive car – capable of winning races again – it is hard to see how faith will continue in Binotto running the greatest team in F1 alone. For now the future of the team’s management structure remains unchanged, but a ‘2022 SF22-Shitbox’ won’t suffice.

THE HARD hitting article, found here

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/01...lentino-rossi/

Ferrari ‘very optimistic they will be in the fight’
    Date published: January 16 2022 - Jon Wilde

Sky F1’s Ted Kravitz and Karun Chandhok have added their voices to the growing belief that Ferrari could be in for a big 2022 season.

“I’m hearing a lot of positive moves out of Ferrari, a lot of positive noises out of Ferrari,” said pit-lane broadcaster Kravitz during Sky F1’s latest programme reflecting on the controversial events of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

“The engine’s going well and they say the car is looking much more aggressive than it has in any of the recent Ferraris we’ve seen over the last two or three years.”

Fellow pundit Chandhok gave a bit of extra insight…

“I had a couple of conversations with people just before Christmas and they were very optimistic because they feel they made big gains on the power-unit side,” said the former F1 racer.”

“They are coming back not quite on a par with Honda and Mercedes, but not a million miles behind and they are confident that side of it will be okay.”

Further insight here;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sky-pu...rari-optimism/

Leclerc talks of importance of family to his F1 success
    Andrew Lewin19/01/2022

The 24-year-old born and raised in Monaco feels he was always destined to be a racing driver, but admits he might not have made it all the way to Formula 1 without the early influence of his father Hervé who himself raced in Formula 3 during the 1980s and 1990s.

"My father introduced me to motorsport so I don’t know if I would have become what I am if it weren’t for him," Leclerc said in an exclusive feature for the official Ferrari F1 website this week.

Sadly Hervé died after a long illness in 2017 aged 54. Just four days later, Leclerc took part in the Formula 2 feature race in Baku, Azerbaijan and clinched a victory that he dedicated to his late father.

Charles was GP3 champion in 2016 and then claimed the F2 title the following season, earning him his promotion into F1, initially with Sauber. One year later he was scooped up by Ferrari to race alongside Sebastian Vettel.

https://f1i.com/news/430596-leclerc-...1-success.html

Leclerc: Carlos better than me on tyre and race management
    Jad Mallak
    5 January, 2022

Ever since Charles Leclerc joined Ferrari, he has been the team sweetheart, but with Carlos Sainz joining in 2021 and beating him, the Monegasque identified his weaknesses against his teammate.

“As always when you have a new team-mate you always learn, [such as] the new ways Carlos is approaching race weekends, the way he works, his talent, his raw speed also, the way he takes the corners.

“He had an amazing year, so he obviously pushed me very, very much to try and perform better at every race and it’s just been extremely interesting,” the two-time race winner reflected.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/01...ce-management/

Editor’s Desk: Who is Hamilton’s silent treatment aimed at?
    Jad Mallak
    19 January, 2022

With nothing yet to be heard from Lewis Hamilton, as he has gone AWOL during the Formula 1 offseason, one cannot help but wonder if there is more to the story than his Abu Dhabi nightmare.

Yes, the ‘Silent One’ is yet another aspect of Sir Lewis’ armoury as we have witnessed before. Thus for a driver of his caliber to go into hibernation after his high profile loss of the 2021 World Championship, it’s no surprise that so much is written about him as all guess, speculate, analyze and even predict what is going on in his mind.

One can understand Hamilton’s pain in losing the 2021 F1 championship, losing it in the way that he did will make it even harder to accept, but why act in this manner? Why this deafening silence? And what or who is really irking Hamilton?

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/01...ment-aimed-at/

Prost reveals ‘personal relationship’ led to his Alpine departure
    Formula 1 legend Alain Prost is not pleased at how the news of his departure from Alpine was announced this week.

by Rob Kershaw
    19 January 202219 January 2022

The 66-year-old took to Instagram to say: “I am very disappointed how this news has been announced today! It was agreed that we would announce together with Alpine F1 Team! No respect sorry!

“I have refused the offer made to me in Abu Dhabi for the 2022 season because of the personal relationship and I was right!

“To the Enstone team and Viry I will miss you!” he concluded.

https://formula1news.co.uk/prost-rev...ine-departure/

Prost reveals 2022 engine ‘reliability problem’
    ANDREW MAITLAND
    JANUARY 19, 2022

Alain Prost’s parting shot at the Renault-owned Alpine team that he is leaving is to reveal a “reliability problem” with the new engine for 2022.

Alpine, based in Enstone (UK) and Viry (France), is pinning its hopes on a significant power unit re-design to close a reported 30-plus horsepower gap to the front-running engines.

Quadruple world champion Prost told L’Equipe: “There is a small reliability problem in the 2022 engine.

“During the simulations on the test bench, they have discovered that the power unit is still not working at the desired level,” the F1 legend added.

https://grandpx.news/prost-reveals-2...ility-problem/

Prost: Laurent Rossi wants all the spotlight, I could feel a lot of jealousy
    Jad Mallak
    19 January, 2022

“I accept change, as you don’t have to always do F1 the same way. You can do it differently, and that’s what was done throughout last year. But for me, it has become too complicated.”

“I wasn’t involved in decision making any more, I sometimes disagreed – completely – but I had to keep conveying the official word,” he claimed.

“Even as a member of the board, I found out about some decisions at the last minute. I may not be listened to, but I should at least be informed in time.

“It’s a matter of respect,” Prost insisted. “Relationships have become more and more complicated, I could feel a lot of jealousy.”

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/01...t-of-jealousy/

Motorsport Explained: What The Hell Is Going On At The Alpine F1 Team?
    Personnel changes, damning social media posts, and bad performance: What's happening to the French Formula One team?

By Elizabeth Blackstock
    20th Jan 2022

An Unsteady Transition
    Just before the 2021 season, former team boss Cyril Abiteboul left the team as it transitioned from Renault to Alpine — which came as a surprise to many F1 fans.

Under Abiteboul’s management, the team grew and found consistent success in many races, which ultimately culminated in three podiums for the team’s drivers in 2020. Without that senior expertise, Alpine would be going into 2021 on shaky ground.

Alpine announced that four-time World Champion Alain Prost would be departing from his role as team advisor — and Prost was not impressed… …Prost was so incensed that he went straight to l’Equipe, a French sports paper, to really lay into Alpine — and he puts all the blame for the chaos straight on Laurent Rossi’s shoulders.

“Laurent Rossi wanted all the light,” Prost said. “Laurent Rossi’s desire is to be alone, not to be polluted by anyone… He told me he no longer needed advice. There is a real desire to put a lot of people on the sidelines.”

MORE of the controversial developments, here;

https://jalopnik.com/motorsport-expl...the-1848390798

Red Bull name their surprise threat to the 2022 F1 title & it isn’t Hamilton
    January 21, 2022 · by thejudge13

As Max Verstappen attempts to retain his F1 title in 2022, Red Bull fears competition from Carlos Sainz Jr from Ferrari, a surprise to some that Lewis Hamilton at Mercedes isn’t mentioned.

Helmut Marko made a big announcement about Carlos Sainz Jr’s possible chances for the world championship title. The Red Bull boss explained:

“Carlos is a very good driver. The new rules make it difficult to predict this season. But if Ferrari does a great job on its new car, Carlos can definitely fight for the title.”

https://thejudge13.com/2022/01/21/re...isnt-hamilton/

Horner: RB18 taking shape, hitting majority of targets
    Jad Mallak
    19 January, 2022

Horner was speaking in an interview with RacingNews365.com, as he provided an update on the work being done at Milton Keynes over the winter.

“This is that time of year where everything’s a bit tight,” he said. “It’s lots of long hours and takeaways!

“There’s a lot of hard work going into RB18 [and] it’s taking shape. It’s hitting the majority of its targets so far,” Horner pointed out.

“The team are working incredibly hard, and it’s really coming together. It goes into car build next week, so that’s exciting!” the Briton revealed.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/01...ty-of-targets/

Verstappen and Perez set to try out RB18 before pre-season testing
    21 Jan 2022, ‎13‎:‎00

Red Bull are planning their usual shakedown for the upcoming RB18, with both Max Verstappen and Sergio Perez due to get behind the wheel.
    Author RacingNews365 Staff
    Co-author Dieter Rencken

Speaking to RacingNews365.com in a recent, exclusive interview, Team Principal Christian Horner confirmed Red Bull's plans for a shakedown with their new car – the first made for F1's all-new technical regulations.

"In terms of testing, we'll do the usual shakedown, prior to heading down to Barcelona and Bahrain," Horner explained.

"With a new car, it's not a lot at three days a driver – it's pretty intense. But it'll certainly make the first part of the season, for the fans and the followers, more interesting."

https://racingnews365.com/verstappen...season-testing

Mercedes engine head Hodgkinson to join Red Bull in May after teams agree release date
    21 January 2022

Red Bull’s new powertrain division has received a shot in the arm with news that the Milton Keynes-based squad have agreed a release date for Ben Hodgkinson to join them from Mercedes as their new Technical Director.

Hodgkinson was Red Bull’s first big signing to their all-new engine department, which was created following Honda’s decision to leave F1, with the news breaking last April.

His key focus – when he starts on May 24 – will be on the engine Red Bull plan to introduce in 2025, when a new PU formula is set to be introduced.

“Mercedes F1 and Red Bull F1 today reached an agreement regarding the appointment of Ben Hodgkinson,” said the two teams in a joint statement on Friday.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...XBe7wY6t9.html

Andretti on Verstappen triumph: ‘Things will never be the same, they’ll be better’
    Max Verstappen dramatically beat Sir Lewis Hamilton to the Formula 1 Drivers' Championship in 2021.
    by Rob Kershaw
    21 January 202221 January 2022

The American affirms that winning the title removes a huge burden off a racing driver.

“You can say all you want, but once you accomplish your ultimate goal, a lot of pressure’s off your shoulders,” he said in an interview with RacingNews365.com.

“There’s no better situation than being more relaxed. Sometimes, when you’re in that frame of mind, you just do things even better.”

https://formula1news.co.uk/andretti-...pressure-2021/

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Hey , Fortitude , prove you're not a bot and make a post without a link .

Lewis Hamilton is staying quiet because he wants to distance himself from Mercedes chief Toto Wolff, claims ex-F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve... who thinks Brit could turn his attention to a career in HOLLYWOOD
    • Jacques Villeneuve says Lewis Hamilton is planning his career in the USA
    • Seven-time World Champion has remained quiet since defeat to Max Verstappen
    • Villeneuve thinks Hamilton could walk away from the sport for a new challenge
    By Sam May For Mailonline
    Published: 11:06, 22 January 2022 | Updated: 11:25, 22 January 2022

Ex-Formula One World Champion Jacques Villeneuve believes Lewis Hamilton could be set for a career in Hollywood, after the Mercedes driver continues to remain quiet ever since his controversial defeat to Max Verstappen in Abu Dhabi.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...appen-win.html

Villeneuve: Hamilton upset with Wolff’s antics after defeat
    Editor
    22 January, 2022

Jacques Villeneuve believes Lewis Hamilton has gone silent since the 2021 season deciding Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, the Canadian suggesting a rift between the Mercedes driver and his boss Toto Wolff is at the bottom of it all.

There has been no word from Hamilton since that night last December in the wake of his defeat to Max Verstappen. Prompting speculation he is so despondent he might quit F1 sooner than later, with Wolff fueling the debate with his well-calculated soundbites amid the deafening silence from his star driver.

On Sky Italia, and quoted by multiple sources including Gazzetta, Villeneuve said: “I see Hamilton’s silence as a way of him deliberately putting some distance between himself and Wolff. After all, you can lose with style, whereas Toto’s antics were like that of a sore loser playing Monopoly, the moment he is down he flips the board into the air.”

Wolff’s antics during and after that frantic and controversial night at Yas Marina, and the week that followed, went viral. A protest was withdrawn at the last minute. Both Wolff and Hamilton failed to attend the FIA Awards the week after the final.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/01...-dhabi-defeat/

Lewis Hamilton's eerie prediction he would retire from F1 in January 2022
    LEWIS HAMILTON may not return to F1 this year.
    By MIKAEL MCKENZIE
    07:00, Sun, Jan 23, 2022

Lewis Hamilton has previously said he expects to retire from F1 in January 2022 as he continues to ponder his future. The Mercedes star is under contract for another two seasons but he is weighing up whether to quit the sport for good.

…back in 2015, Hamilton had predicted that his time to leave the sport may come once he turns 37 years old, a milestone he celebrated two weeks ago.
    "When I think about what year I would probably end up stopping, it'd be about 37 maybe," Hamilton said in 2015.

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...mments-F1-news

George Russell warning sent to Lewis Hamilton ahead of Mercedes bow
    George Russell has been backed to give the seven-time world champion a run for his money when they take to the track for the 2022 season in the same car

By Daniel Moxon
    Sports Writer
    20:24, 21 Jan 2022

George Russell has been backed to hit the ground running at Mercedes and maybe even challenge new team-mate Lewis Hamilton for race wins.
    That is the opinion of Anthony Davidson, Mercedes' simulator driver and a pundit for Sky Sport's F1 coverage.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...cedes-26017126

F1 news: Kimi Raikkonen happy to be out of Formula 1 ‘bulls**t’
    Raikkonen says money and politics have changed the sport

Sarah Rendell
    1 day ago

“There are so many things that are making no sense, at least in my head, what happens here,” Raikkonen said as quoted by Motorsport.com. “All kinds of bulls**t that goes around. We know it, but nobody says it. Things that I don’t think that even should be.

“A lot of things are such fake things in here. It’s good to be out. Mentally, it’s very good to be out of all of that bulls**t for a while.”

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1997829.html

Kimi Raikkonen admits he could be ‘completely wrong’ as he leaves door open to motorsport return
    Kimi Raikkonen spent his final three seasons in F1 with Alfa Romeo, and ended the Drivers' Championship 16th in both 2020 and 2021.
    by Rob Kershaw
    21 January 202221 January 2022

In an interview in the build-up to his final Formula 1 race in Abu Dhabi, the Finn was asked whether his final grand prix in F1 might also be his last in professional racing.

“It could be, very easily,” he replied in an interview with Autosport. “But then on the other hand, it could be that I’m completely wrong. That’s why I haven’t made any plans.”

He indicated that there “could be anything” in his future and conceded that he may be tempted to commit to projects should the right offer come along, but for now the Iceman is focused on some well-earned down time.

“I’m sure people will have some nice kind of things that will come up,” he said. “And if there’s something that makes sense, then why not do it? But for sure, I first need to have some time off.”

https://formula1news.co.uk/kimi-raik...en-motorsport/

Sauber Group happy to support a Raikkonen racing return
    Date published: January 22 2022 - Ben Johnston

Alfa Romeo team principal Frédéric Vasseur says that the Sauber Group would support Kimi Raikkonen if the Finn decides he wants to return to racing in the future.

Raikkonen, who competed in Formula 1 for over 20 years and won the 2007 Drivers’ Championship with Ferrari in 2007, is no stranger to racing in other forms of motorsport.

In 2010 and 2011, the Finn took time way from Grand Prix racing and competed in the World Rally Championship while also trying his hand at racing in the NASCAR Truck series in America.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/sauber...ort-raikkonen/

Video: Go behind the scenes at the Aston Martin F1 factory!
    23rd Jan 2022, ‎08‎:‎05
    Author Thomas Maher

Aston Martin have offered fans an exclusive look behind the scenes of their factory based at Silverstone in the UK.

As well as visiting areas of the factory such as electronics, scale models, the autoclave and the simulator, the video also reveals the beating heart of the racing operation, with presenter Alex Legouix paying a visit to the outfit's 'war room', where a team of personnel work during a race weekend.

https://racingnews365.com/video-asto...-their-factory

New Aston Martin F1 boss needs Whitmarsh to be his ‘umbrella’
    Jan 19 2022
    By Scott Mitchell and Sam Smith

Aston Martin’s new Formula 1 team principal Mike Krack has been tipped to excel in the role if he is shielded from the interference that can come within larger organisations.

Ex-BMW Motorsport chief Krack has replaced Otmar Szafnauer at the Aston Martin team, where he will report to Aston Martin Group CEO Martin Whitmarsh.

While Krack’s engineering background, experience in F1 and career with BMW should command respect from all areas of the team automatically, Griffiths expects the way he deals with people to aid that process and get personnel to buy into his leadership.

“He’s obviously a very smart engineer, but he’s very pragmatic about it and he likes to listen to all sides of the story, really based on facts and then making up his own opinion as to where things are,” said Griffiths. “He’s one of these unsung guys that quietly goes about doing his business, doesn’t make big noise, big moves, or anything like that, but just gets the job done.”

https://the-race.com/formula-1/new-a...-his-umbrella/

Vettel could join Mercedes if Hamilton retires after ‘rigged’ Abu Dhabi GP – Schumacher
    Sebastian Vettel is an ideal replacement for Sir Lewis Hamilton should the 37-year-old retire, according to Ralf Schumacher.

by Rob Kershaw
    14 January 202214 January 2022

…Schumacher reckons Vettel has acclimatised himself with the nuances of the Mercedes car and thus would be able to slot into the seat relatively comfortably, given that Mercedes also supply Aston Martin’s power units.

“And above all, he knows his way around the Mercedes car – and with the engine. And I think the Aston Martin concept is also very close.”

The former team principal was instrumental in bringing Vettel to the team from Ferrari, and his departure last week makes Vettel’s compatriot think that this may persuade him to leave should the right offer materialise.

https://formula1news.co.uk/he-would-...ttel-mercedes/

Mercedes and Red Bull warned Aston Martin plans to win F1 title are 'coming together'
    WITH NEW RULES coming into force for the 2022 F1 season which could shake up the grid, every team is hopeful of challenging the big boys at the front.

By DANIEL MOXON
    07:56, Sat, Jan 15, 2022 | UPDATED: 07:56, Sun, Jan 16, 2022

Lawrence Stroll has lofty ambitions for his Aston Martin team over the next few years.

"Winning in Formula 1 is all about bringing together the best efforts of all the principal players – drivers, engineers, mechanics, everyone – and Mike is perfectly placed to do just that," the Canadian billionaire said.

"We are hiring brilliant new people every week. Our new factory build is coming along very well. We have a fantastic roster of superb sponsor-partners."

"We are about to embark on year two of our five-year plan, the objective of which is to win Formula 1 world championships."

Read in detail, these VERY ambitious plans;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...-title-F1-news