Page 74 of 78 FirstFirst ... 24647273747576 ... LastLast
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Hamilton leads Russell and Leclerc in Abu Dhabi FP1.
    Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Lewis Hamilton topped the times, a couple of tenths ahead of his teammate and Charles Leclerc in the sunny opening practice.
    Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
    18th Nov. 2022
    by Emer Hedderman

Just inside the final fifteen minutes the Mercedes drivers finally showed their pace around the track with Lewis Hamilton taking over in P1 with a 1:26.633 and was soon joined by Russell who was a couple of tenths slower than his teammate and that’s where the two remained for the rest of the session.

Felipe Drugovitch, this season’s F2 champion, was the first to take to the track as he gave Lance Stroll a lazy start to the day by taking over his car for the opening practice. Stroll wasn’t the only full-time driver with the opportunity to sleep in today, ideal for them after all the drivers were out for dinner last night to celebrate Sebastian Vettel, as there were eight young or reserve drivers taking over cars for FP1.

Aside from Drugovitch in the Aston Martin, Liam Lawson was in Max Verstappen’s car, Robert Shwartzman replacing Carlos Sainz, Jack Doohan was in Fernando Alonso’s machine, while Robert Kubica, Alfa Romeo’s reserve once again in the car, this time in Zhou Guanyu’s.

‘Lewis Hamilton topped the times’;

https://formulaspy.com/f1/hamilton-l...habi-fp1-80488

(FP1) First Practice Results – 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
    18th Nov. 2022, 11:08
    by Emer Hedderman
    FormulaSpy

Results (Classification):
    1. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes -1:25.633
    2. George Russell Mercedes +0.220
    3. Charles Leclerc Scuderia Ferrari +0.255
    4. Sergio Perez Red Bull Racing +0.334
    5. Liam Lawson Red Bull Racing +0.568
    6. Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin +0.635
    7. Robert Schwartzman Scuderia Ferrari +0.796
    8. Daniel Ricciardo McLaren +0.986
    9. Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo +1.022
    10. Alexander Albon Williams Racing +1.207

‘Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Here are the complete results from first practice for the 2022 F1 World Championship finale at the Yas Marina Circuit’;

https://formulaspy.com/f1/fp1-first-...and-prix-80484

Formula 1 2022 results – Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: FP1
    Friday 18th November 2022 11:03 AM
    Thomas Maher

Mercedes have followed up on their 1-2 finish in Brazil by topping the times in first practice for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Lewis Hamilton set the quickest time of the first practice session at the Yas Marina Circuit in Abu Dhabi, keeping Mercedes at the top of the results following on from their first win of the season last time out in Brazil.

Hamilton clocked a 1:26.633 with 20 minutes remaining in the session, pipping Mercedes teammate George Russell by almost quarter of a second. Ferrari’s Charles Leclerc was third, ahead of Red Bull’s Sergio Perez and Liam Lawson – the Kiwi taking Max Verstappen’s car for the session as Red Bull fulfil their junior driver obligations this weekend.

There were plenty of new and unusual names taking part in the session, with Lando Norris handing over his McLaren to Pato O’Ward, while Felipe Drugovich drove Lance Stroll’s Aston Martin. Robert Shwartzman drove Carlos Sainz’s Ferrari en route to seventh place, while Logan Sargeant was in at Williams in place of Nicholas Latifi.

‘Formula 1 2022 results’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/formul...rand-prix-fp1/

Abu Dhabi GP: FIA Drivers Press Conference
    NEWS STORY
    17/11/2022
    Group 1: Yuki Tsunoda, Fernando Alonso, Sebastian Vettel, Lewis Hamilton and Nicholas Latifi.

Q: Sebastian, if we could start with you, please. The moment has arrived, your last weekend as a Formula 1 driver? How are you feeling at this stage?
    Sebastian: I don't know. Maybe I should ask Fernando, he went through it already! He will go through it again, I guess, at some point. But yeah, I feel okay. I mean, obviously, I guess after so many years and races, there's the routine of Thursday. But I think it's difficult in a way to grasp but I'm aware of what's happening and I'm happy about it, as far as I can be.

Q: Fernando, you too, have enjoyed many great battles with the man on your left. What will you miss about Sebastian?
    Fernando Alonso: Yeah, I mean, it's going to be strange to don't have him in next year and the first race. But yeah, I mean, we share, as you said, so many things. Over the last 15 years, sometimes we fought for championships, sometimes for seven places, even in Japan to the finish line, and we still obviously always enjoy every single battle and, and respect each other as much as we could. So yeah, I think my career is going to be linked to Sebastian in a way because we fought for many great things and in the best seasons of our life, probably, and even though it was on his side, the outcome always. I think it's going be very linked, our two names - or my name in Sebastian's career, and vice versa.

‘FIA Drivers Press Conference’;

https://www.pitpass.com/74169/Abu-Dh...ess-Conference

Abu Dhabi GP: Max Verstappen tops FP2.
    Max Verstappen quickly got into his stride in Abu Dhabi as he topped the FP2 session by over 0.3 tenths of a second.
    Published: 18 Nov 2022, 14:18
    By George Dagless

Verstappen is looking to finish this brilliant season of his with a flourish and would surely like nothing more than to take victory at the Yas Marina circuit to cap off his campaign.

Certainly, he looks in a decent position to do so with him setting the quickest time of all on Friday evening, with him 0.341 clear of next fastest driver George Russell in the Mercedes.

What made his effort even more impressive was that this was his first session of the weekend, with him one of eight drivers to sit FP1 out earlier in the day to allow Red Bull, alongside seven other teams, to help fulfil their rookie driver obligations.

‘Max Verstappen tops FP2’;

https://www.givemesport.com/88085483...appen-tops-fp2

(FP2) Second Practice Results – 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
    18/11/2022, 14:11
    by Emer Hedderman
    FormulaSpy

1. Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing -1:25.146
    2. George Russell Mercedes +0.341
    3. Charles Leclerc Scuderia Ferrari +0.453
    4. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +0.615
    5. Sergio Perez Red Bull Racing +0.706
    6. Carlos Sainz Scuderia Ferrari +0.786
    7. Esteban Ocon Alpine +0.892
    8. Fernando Alonso Alpine +0.897
    9. Daniel Ricciardo McLaren +0.978
    10. Valtteri Bottas Alfa Romeo +1.154

‘Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Here are the complete results from second practice for the 2022 F1 World Championship finale at the Yas Marina Circuit’;

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/F1...x/Abu+Dhabi+GP

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: Max Verstappen tops George Russell in Practice Two as world champion halts Mercedes' flying start
    Mercedes topped first practice but Max Verstappen hits back in P2, 0.341s ahead of George Russell; Charles Leclerc third and Lewis Hamilton a distant fourth; Watch Abu Dhabi GP final practice at 10.30am on Saturday, qualifying at 2pm
    Last Updated: 18/11/22 2:16pm
    By Matt Morlidge at Yas Marina

Max Verstappen halted Mercedes' flying start to the final weekend of the Formula 1 season by comfortably topping the timesheets in Practice Two for the Abu Dhabi GP for Red Bull.

The world champion, surprisingly off the pace last weekend in Brazil as Mercedes sealed their first win of 2022, missed first practice at Yas Marina after sitting out for young driver Liam Lawson but didn't take long to find his rhythm in P2, the more representative floodlit practice session.

Verstappen posted a 1:29.146 and appeared to have more in the locker as he beat closest challenger George Russell by 0.341s, with Charles Leclerc a tenth further back in the Ferrari. Lewis Hamilton, who led a Mercedes one-two earlier in the afternoon, was a distant fourth, and almost had a coming together with Haas' Kevin Magnussen in Abu Dhabi, the scene of his title heartbreak last year.

‘Max Verstappen tops George Russell’;

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...s-flying-start

Formula 1 2022 results – Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: FP2
    Friday 18th November 2022 2:04 PM
    Jon Wilde

Max Verstappen’s first action of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix weekend ended with him in his familar position at the top of the timesheet. Unlike in the first hour’s running of the weekend, all 20 regular drivers of the 2022 season were out on track after several of them had sat out FP1 to make way for inexperienced and test drivers, most of which had been brought in to fulfil the rookie requirement introduced this year.

One of those to spend the morning watching on in the garage was Verstappen, who stepped aside for Liam Lawson, but in FP2 he was straight on the pace as Red Bull hit back at Mercedes. Mercedes had finished 1-2 in FP1 for the second consecutive track session, having achieved that feat at the Brazilian Grand Prix five days earlier when Russell scored his maiden F1 victory ahead of Hamilton.

‘Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: FP2’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/formul...rand-prix-fp2/

Ricciardo will return to Red Bull as ‘third driver’ next year, says Marko
    2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    Posted on 18th November 2022, 12:4518th November 2022, 12:46
    Written by Keith Collantine

Daniel Ricciardo will rejoin Red Bull next year as a third driver, the team’s motorsport consultant Helmut Marko has said.

Marko told Sky Germany Ricciardo will return to the team but Liam Lawson will continue in the role of reserve driver for both Red Bull and AlphaTauri. Lawson drove Max Verstappen’s RB18 in first practice at Yas Marina today and has also appeared twice for AlphaTauri in practice sessions this year.

Ricciardo was backed by Red Bull on his way to Formula 1. He joined the team in 2014, winning three races, and added four more victories before leaving at the end of 2018.

‘Ricciardo will return to Red Bull’;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/18/...ar-says-marko/

STEINER: NOT EVEN AN F1 POLE POSITION WOULD HAVE SAVED SCHUMACHER’S HAAS SEAT.
    Haas announced that fellow German Nico Hulkenburg would replace Mick Schumacher at Haas for 2023 to partner Kevin Magnussen, meaning the young German doesn't have a Formula 1 seat for 2023.
    19:10 Thu, 17 Nov 2022.
    Nathan Hartley
    FormulaNerds

Guenther Steiner reveals that “not even a pole position” would have saved Mick Schumacher’s seat. Meanwhile, Schumacher is determined to “prove everyone wrong” after losing his Haas seat to Nico Hulkenburg. Schumacher currently sits 16th in the drivers’ championship with only 12 points. The German last scored points at Austria where the 23-year-old finished in a career-best sixth.

His teammate Kevin Magnussen has 13 more points than the German as the Dane sits three places higher in 13th. The most recent race in Sao Paulo saw Kevin Magnussen take pole position in qualifying whilst Schumacher qualified in 20th. The Haas driver has had two tough seasons with the American team. The first season saw the German not being able to compete as Haas had by far the worst car in 2021. However, 2022 saw Haas provide a good car. This was proven by Kevin Magnussen getting into Q3 and finishing fifth in the season-opener at Bahrain.

Despite Haas’ step-up, Schumacher was still struggling. The 23-year-old suffered heavy crashes in Saudi Arabia, Monaco and, most recently, Japan. All of the crashes have resulted in Haas boss Guenther Steiner warning the German about the amount of crashes, costing the team to spend on upgrades. Haas only brought significant upgrades once throughout the entire season in Hungary. The amount of money spent on repairs could have been a factor that limited the American team from spending money to improve the car.

‘NOT EVEN AN F1 POLE POSITION’;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/st.../?nowprocket=1

Guenther Steiner responds to ‘self-promoting’ criticism from Ralf Schumacher
    Friday 18th November 2022 6:00 AM
    Sam Cooper

Guenther Steiner has hit back at Ralf Schumacher who critcised the Haas boss for being a “self-promoting person”. Steiner has responded directly to this criticism by denying that he is focused on getting all the attention but instead said his main objective is to help the team be successful. “I try to do a good job,” Steiner told Sky Sports News.

“It’s not about attention, it’s not about my attention it’s about doing a good job. If people take attention off it, I cannot say, don’t look at me. I’m not doing it on purpose. I don’t think I need to defend myself here. Everybody can do and say what they want and I do what I think is best for the team and leave it at that.”

During the media rounds ahead of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, Steiner did elaborate on what his reasons were for letting Schumacher go and said it came down to experience. “I think that the experience of multi-years in Formula 1 that never have been with another team than us,” Steiner told media, including PlanetF1, when asked what Schumacher was missing.

‘Guenther Steiner responds’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/guenth...lf-schumacher/

“Haas got fed up of Mick Schumacher’s entourage”, says Martin Brundle at F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    18 Nov 2022
    James Dielhenn

Mick Schumacher brought “pressures” to Haas due to the people surrounding him which contributed to his exit, says Martin Brundle. Haas confirmed that the final vacant seat in the F1 2023 driver line-up would go to Nico Hulkenberg, replacing Schumacher and forcing him off the grid next season.

Sky’s Brundle said: “They have gone for the security of experience. Mick crashed too many cars. I think the team were fed up of Mick’s entourage and all the pressures that came with that. He has been dropped by Ferrari as well, so it’s difficult times for him.”

Mick’s uncle Ralf Schumacher has repeatedly criticised Haas team principal Guenther Steiner throughout the season.

‘Fed up of Mick Schumacher’s entourage’;

https://www.crash.net/f1/news/101740...er-s-entourage

Ralf Schumacher says Haas were lacking in ‘encouragement and hugs’ for Mick
    Friday 18th November 2022 8:15 AM
    Michelle Foster

Ralf Schumacher says it is probably a good thing Mick Schumacher and Haas will part ways at the end of this season as a driver needs a team that “stands behind” him.

“Of course it’s a disappointment for such a young racing driver,” Ralf Schumacher told Sky Deutschland. “Because it took so long, it was clear it wasn’t that easy.”
    The German, not for the first time, says blame belongs to Steiner who instead of giving Mick a “hug”, publicly criticised him and made it known his seat was on the line.
    “That’s not how you treat an employee, so the result wasn’t a big surprise,” he said.
    “You have to encourage such a young driver, you have to hug him from time to time.”

‘Lacking in encouragement and hugs’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/ralf-s...ent-hugs-mick/

Guenther Steiner admits delaying Mick Schumacher decision on purpose in 'psychology' test.
    The Haas chief made it clear on several occasions he would not be rushing the decision to make sure they got it right, and now Steiner has revealed another reason why he delayed.
    18:13, 17 Nov 2022
    By Daniel MoxonF1 Writer

Guenther Steiner admitted he delayed his 2023 driver decision "on purpose" to test how much Nico Hulkenberg really wanted the seat. The 35-year-old will hold a Formula 1 race seat for the first time since 2019 when he joins Haas next year. He replaces his fellow German Mick Schumacher, whose own F1 future is now uncertain after only two years in the sport.

Steiner took a long time to make a decision, sparking criticism from some fans and pundits for making Schumacher wait to find out what his future holds. Speaking to The Race in the wake of the announcement, he revealed he did it on purpose. I spoke to [Hulkenberg] for a pretty long time, then maybe not speaking, just seeing how he reacted," he said. "With some people, when you want something, you get high and then you lose interest. It's a psychology thing.”

"But he always kept on pushing, always asking. I left that seat on purpose there to see. But he always came back, 'What is happening? What is happening?'. I don't think he believed that this could happen until a few days ago. I think he didn't believe it's just going to happen.”

‘Guenther Steiner admits delaying Mick Schumacher’;

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...delay-28519775

Yas Marina ‘suits Red Bull to a tee’ but Mercedes are giving chase.
    2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Friday practice analysis
    Posted on 18th November 2022, 20:24
    Written by Will Wood
    Race Fans

After knocking on the door of a possible first win of the season a handful of times after the summer break, Mercedes finally tore door off its hinges last weekend in Brazil by winning the sprint race and backing that up with a one-two victory in the grand prix.

As well as a reward for months of intense development, Mercedes’ victory was also strong evidence that they had finally overtaken Ferrari as Red Bull’s closest rivals at the front of the field, even if they still sit behind them in the championship.

But after Red Bull and Max Verstappen pointed to their set-up choice in Interlagos being a crucial factor in their defeat to Mercedes as they were locked into their setup from the end of the first practice, the question heading into the first day of practice in Abu Dhabi was how much would Verstappen be compromised this weekend by having to miss out on the first hour of running.

‘Suits Red Bull to a tee’;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/18/...-giving-chase/

Leclerc targeting race pace improvement after P3 in both Friday sessions at Abu Dhabi GP
    18 Nov 2022
    Formula 1.

Charles Leclerc was third quickest in both Friday practice sessions at the Yas Marina Circuit, and though he was happy with his one-lap pace, he said Ferrari still need to improve their performance for the race itself.

‘Targeting race pace improvement’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...927328934.html

Abu Dhabi GP: Friday's action in pictures
    18/11/2022 at 19:00
    Michael Delaney

F1 teams got down to business on Friday at Yas Marina, with the usual suspects at the front dominating proceedings.

Check out our recap in pictures of Friday's action at the Abu Dhabi GP at Yas Marina , round 22 of the 2022 F1 World Championship.

'Picture Action';

https://f1i.com/news/460921-abu-dhab...ictures-5.html

2022 F1 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix preview
    17:01 Fri, 18 Nov 2022.
    Motor Authority

The final round of the 2022 Formula One World Championship takes place this weekend in Abu Dhabi, and even though Red Bull Racing's Max Verstappen was named champion at the previous Japanese round, the battle for second place is still very much alive. Fellow Red Bull driver Sergio Perez and Ferrari's Charles Leclerc both sit on 290 points going into this final round.

And either Ferrari or Mercedes-Benz AMG could end up in second place in the Constructors' Championship, depending on the outcome of the race. Abu Dhabi is where Verstappen took his controversial first title a year ago. The race takes place annually at the Yas Marina Circuit, a Hermann Tilke-designed circuit that is one of the newer locations on the calendar, having been opened in 2009.

The track layout stretches 3.23 miles and consists of 16 corners as well as some fast sections. The first corner is the start of a flowing sequence of bends, where cars and drivers are subjected to lateral acceleration of up to 4 g and speeds in excess of 155 mph. There are then two very long straights in the middle section and the last sector is tight and

‘Abu Dhabi Grand Prix preview’;

https://www.motorauthority.com/news/...d-prix-preview

Red Bull quicker in Abu Dhabi but Mercedes are “right there” – Hamilton
    Posted on 18th November 2022, 14:54

Lewis Hamilton says Mercedes face stronger competition from Red Bull in Abu Dhabi than they did in Brazil, but believes they can compete with their rivals. Mercedes locked out the front row of the grid for the Brazilian Grand Prix one week ago and scored a one-two in the race. But Hamilton says “it’s a little bit closer” between them and the champions this weekend.

“I think the Red Bull look a little bit quicker here, which was expected, we didn’t expect this to be our strongest race. So we’ll work hard overnight. We’re generally right here so hopefully we can put on a good fight.”

Hamilton was quickest in the first practice session but ended the second session fourth in the times. “P1 felt pretty good,” he said. “In P2 the balance was quite a bit off.

“It’s a little bit closer”;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/18/...here-hamilton/

Abu Dhabi GP: Sergio Perez leads a Red Bull 1-2 in final practice.
    Sergio Perez led a Red Bull one-two in the final practice session of the season at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
    19 November 2022
    Insider Racing.

Though conditions were unrepresentative of qualifying later on Saturday, the Mexican set the pace with a 1m24.982s on the soft tyre.

Teammate Max Verstappen was second, but it was a scruffy lap from the reigning champion, who also exceeded track limits twice en route to setting his best time.

The two Mercedes' followed in third and fourth as Lewis Hamilton, on a higher downforce setup, finishing almost two-tenths ahead of George Russell with a lower downforce approach.

‘Sergio Perez leads a Red Bull 1-2’;

https://www.insideracing.com/formula...final-practice

(FP3) Third Practice Results – 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
    19/11/2022, 11:41
    by Emer Hedderman
    FormulaSpy

1. Sergio Perez Red Bull Racing -1:24.982
    2. Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing +0.152
    3. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +0.240
    4. George Russell Mercedes +0.413
    5. Lando Norris McLaren +0.536
    6. Charles Leclerc Scuderia Ferrari +0.589
    7. Carlos Sainz Scuderia Ferrari +0.623
    8. Daniel Ricciardo McLaren +0.968
    9. Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin +1.030
    10. Alexander Albon Williams Racing +1.069

‘Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Here are the complete results from final practice for the 2022 F1 World Championship finale at the Yas Marina Circuit’;

https://formulaspy.com/f1/fp3-third-...and-prix-80505

Formula 1 2022 results – Abu Dhabi Grand Prix: FP3
    Saturday 19th November 2022 11:32 AM
    Sam Cooper

Sergio Perez ended the final practice session of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on top of the timesheets as he beat out his team-mate Max Verstappen.

In what is a very important weekend for the Mexican as he aims for P2 in the Drivers’ Championship, he got off on the front foot as he set a time of 1:24.982.

He ended the session 0.152 seconds ahead of Verstappen followed by the two Mercedes as the Silver Aroows continued to show their pace.

‘Formula 1 2022 results’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/formul...nd-prix-fp3-2/

Perez heads Red Bull one-two over Mercedes in final Abu Dhabi practice
    2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix third practice
    Posted on 19th November 2022, 11:48
    Written by Will Wood

Sergio Perez headed a Red Bull one-two ahead of Mercedes in final practice for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix at the Yas Marina circuit. Perez’s best time of a 1’24.982 saw him head into qualifying a tenth-and-a-half quicker than Max Verstappen, with Lewis Hamilton almost a quarter of a second behind in third. However the Mercedes driver is under investigation for failing to reduce his speed sufficiently when the red flag was shown.

It was a typically bright, warm start to Saturday in Abu Dhabi as the final practice hour of the 2022 season began. With the track hotter than it likely would be for any further session in the weekend, very few drivers chose to head out in the early part of the session.

The two Ferraris of Carlos Sainz Jnr and Charles Leclerc enjoyed the track to themselves in the early minutes, with Sainz setting the initial benchmark of a 1’27.821 on medium tyres before Leclerc beat his team mate by half a second on his first flying lap.

‘Perez heads Red Bull one-two’;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/19/...habi-practice/

Perez leads Red Bull 1-2 in final Abu Dhabi GP practice
    19/11/2022, 11:45
    by Phillip Horton
    Motorsport Week

Sergio Perez led a Red Bull 1-2 during the final Formula 1 practice session of the year in Abu Dhabi. Perez set a time of 1:24.982s in the hot daytime session to wind up 0.152s clear of team-mate Max Verstappen.

Verstappen went wide through Turn 5 on his hot lap and was warned by his race engineer that a replication of that line during qualifying would result in the time being deleted for track limits.

Mercedes wound up third and fourth respectively, with Lewis Hamilton in front of George Russell, though Hamilton faces a post-session investigation after appearing to pass two cars under red flag conditions.

‘Sergio Perez led a Red Bull 1-2 during the final Formula 1 practice session of the year’;

https://www.motorsportweek.com/2022/...i-gp-practice/

Verstappen beats Perez to Abu Dhabi pole ahead of Ferraris.
    Max Verstappen beat Red Bull team mate Sergio Perez to take pole position for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, ahead of the two Ferraris of Charles Leclerc and Carlos Sainz Jnr.
    2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix qualifying
    Posted on 19th November 2022, 15:2019th November 2022, 15:21
    Written by Will Wood

Verstappen secured the final pole of the season by just over two tenths of a second, while Perez secured an all-Red Bull front row. Both Ferraris locked out the second row of the grid, ahead of the two Mercedes of Lewis Hamilton and George Russell.

Ferrari were the first out for their second and final flying lap of the session, with the Red Bulls behind them and the two Mercedes last across the line. Leclerc improved across all three sectors but could not beat Verstappen, moving up to second place. Sainz was unable to match his team mate’s time and remained in third position.

Verstappen was next across the line and improved his own provisional pole time to a 1’23.824, with Perez failing to beat his team mate but moving up into second place. Only the Mercedes could deny Verstappen pole, but neither Hamilton nor Russell even matched the Ferraris. That clinched pole position for Verstappen, with Perez securing an all-Red Bull front row.

‘Verstappen beats Perez to Abu Dhabi pole’;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/19/...d-of-ferraris/

Qualifying Results – 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
    19/11/2022, 14:24
    by Emer Hedderman
    FormulaSpy

Q3
    1. Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing -1:23.824
    2. Sergio Perez Red Bull Racing +0.228
    3. Charles Leclerc Scuderia Ferrari +0.268
    4. Carlos Sainz Scuderia Ferrari +0.418
    5. Lewis Hamilton Mercedes +0.684
    6. George Russell Mercedes +0.687
    7. Lando Norris McLaren +0.945
    8. Esteban Ocon Alpine +1.006
    9. Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin +1.137
    10. Daniel Ricciardo McLaren +1.221

‘Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Here are the complete results from qualifying for this weekend’s 2022 F1 World Championship finale at the Yas Marina Circuit’;

https://formulaspy.com/f1/qualifying...and-prix-80512

Abu Dhabi GP: Sergio Perez praises Max Verstappen for 'great job' in Qualifying as Red Bull seal one-two
    Max Verstappen led Sergio Perez as Red Bull sealed a one-two in Qualifying; Verstappen provided Perez with a tow in Q3 to help his team-mate beat Charles Leclerc to second; Watch Abu Dhabi GP live on Sky Sports F1 at 1pm on Sunday, with build-up from 11.30am
    Last Updated: 19/11/22 6:09pm
    SKY

Sergio Perez praised team-mate Max Verstappen for doing a "great job" of helping him in Abu Dhabi Grand Prix Qualifying, as they put a turbulent week behind them to seal a Red Bull one-two.

Perez was critical of world champion Verstappen last weekend in Brazil after his team-mate refused to let him through to take sixth place on the final lap of the Sao Paulo Grand Prix to aid the Mexican in his battle with Ferrari's Charles Leclerc for second in the drivers' championship.

"Great job";

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/12...l-seal-one-two

“Bouncing is back” admits Hamilton after Mercedes’ qualifying struggle
    Posted on 19th November 2022, 16:1119th November 2022, 16:22
    Written by Keith Collantine and Claire Cottingham

Lewis Hamilton said Mercedes’ bouncing problem has returned after he could only manage fifth on the grid for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The team scored its first victory of the season in Brazil last week having consistently improved the performance of its W13 since the season began. Mercedes started 2022 suffering problems caused by its car bouncing at high speed.

Hamilton qualified fifth, almost seven-tenths of a second off pole-winner Max Verstappen. George Russell will share the third row of the grid with his team mate having qualifying was just three-thousandths of a second slower. “Bouncing is back, so that’s not that easy,” he told media including RaceFans after today’s session.

Although Mercedes predicted Red Bull would be stronger at Yas Marina, Hamilton admitted he “definitely wasn’t expecting to see such a big gap” in qualifying. “We’re losing six-tenths on the straight. It was reminiscent of some of the previous races before, kind of, Austin.”

“Bouncing is back”;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/19/...ying-struggle/

Max Verstappen details Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 'scare' after taking F1 pole
    Max Verstappen has secured pole position for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
    15:21, Sat, Nov 19, 2022
    By Luke Chillingsworth

Max Verstappen admitted he faced a “scare” moments before his final qualifying run at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The Dutchman admitted the team had to “reboot everything” moments before Q3 in what was almost a major problem for Red Bull.

Perez questioned why Verstappen wasn’t beside him on track at the start of the session to choreograph a slipstream. But the team confirmed there was an issue with the reigning champion’s car which saw him delayed in the pit box. After the chequered flag, Verstappen said: “Q2 was a little bit messy. I don’t know why but on those tyres I couldn’t get the grip together. But then in Q3 it all felt a bit more normal.”

“We had a bit of a scare, the car turned off before the first run, so we had to reboot everything. Then we went out and both of the laps were good enough.”

‘Abu Dhabi Grand Prix scare';

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...rix-qualifying

Wolff: Our qualifying is one to put in the toilet.
    “Today, I just heard, is World Toilet Day so I think that is one to put in the toilet,” Wolff told Sky sports television.
    20 November, 2022, 06:33
    Grand Prix 247

Mercedes team boss Toto Wolff dismissed his team’s final qualifying session of the Formula 1 season in Abu Dhabi on Saturday as “one to put in the toilet”.

Seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton qualified fifth at Yas Marina, dimming hopes that he might avoid a first season without a win, while teammate and last weekend’s Brazilian Grand Prix winner George Russell will line up sixth on Sunday.

Toto Wolff: “I think we didn’t get the job done. I think we went backwards and they (Ferrari) did a little step forward,” added the Austrian. We went on a high-downforce, high-drag concept in order to have a good race car tomorrow and that was just so slow on the straights.”

‘World Toilet Day’;

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/11...in-the-toilet/

Wolff on Mercedes qualifying performance: One to put in the toilet.
    After a stellar showing in Brazil, Toto Wolff admits the team had a qualifying session to forget at the 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
    November 19, 2022
    By Adriano Boin

Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff says the team must quickly move on from their disappointing performance in qualifying for the 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, though he’s confident their pace will improve on race day.

Just one week after finishing 1-2 in Brazil, the Silver Arrows never really posed a threat to Red Bull at Yas Marina. The Milton Keynes outfit were the class of the field as Max Verstappen took pole ahead of Sergio Perez, with both Ferrari cars slotting in behind them on row two.

As for Mercedes, they had to settle for fifth and sixth. After the session Wolff admitted they failed to deliver after focusing more on the setup for Sunday’s Grand Prix. “That’s one to put in the toilet,” Wolff told Sky Sports. “I think we just didn’t get the job done.”

‘Wolff on Mercedes qualifying performance’;

https://www.total-motorsport.com/f1-...rmance-toilet/

Wolff explains why Mercedes went 'backwards' in qualifying
    20/11/2022, ‎17‎:‎55
    Author RacingNews365 Staff

After seemingly displaying good pace during the weekend's practice sessions, Mercedes lost out to both Red Bull and Ferrari in qualifying for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Team boss Toto Wolff was left disappointed by the outcome.

Toto Wolff has explained why Mercedes "went backwards" in qualifying for the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix after looking stronger earlier in the weekend. The team set the pace during Friday's opening practice session, having arrived at the Yas Marina Circuit off the back of their 1-2 victory last time out in Brazil.

However, Lewis Hamilton and George Russell slipped behind both Red Bull and Ferrari in Saturday's qualifying, with the pair set to line up in P5 and P6 respectively. Wolff couldn't hide his disappointment following the session, having told Sky Sports F1: "I think that's one to put in the toilet."

‘Mercedes went 'backwards' in qualifying’;

https://racingnews365.com/wolff-expl...-in-qualifying

Toto Wolff reveals ‘table of doom’ as Mercedes aim to snatch P2 from Ferrari
    Saturday 19th November 2022 1:02 PM
    Thomas Maher

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff has revealed where Abu Dhabi lies on his team’s “table of doom” as the Brackley squad bid to topple Ferrari from P2. “So we have this internal table of doom, which kind of forecasts whether we are good at the track or not in terms of our simulations,” he told media, including PlanetF1, on Saturday.

“Mexico was, we thought, the best track in the season. And we were performing well. Brazil was right there, like with Austin, but came in better than we thought. Abu Dhabi, in the table of doom, is pretty much in the middle. It’s not Spa or Monza. So if we correlate with the table of doom, it means we understand where we are going to.”

“If we outperform the table of doom I’m obviously happy, but also questioning what happened to getting it right with our forecasts. So the truth is, I don’t know where we are lacking – straight-line speed, particularly against the Red Bull when they turn on the engine. But I would never say we are not in the mix but rationally, probably not right there.”

‘Table of doom’

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-w...es-table-doom/

Wolff: Schumacher fits at Mercedes, we need to make it happen
    20 November, 2022, 05:32
    Grand Prix 247

Mick Schumacher would be a good fit as a Formula 1 reserve for Mercedes but a deal had yet to be agreed, team boss Toto Wolff said on Saturday. The 23-year-old Schumacher, son of seven-time World Champion Michael, is without a drive next year after American team Haas opted to replace him with the returning Nico Hulkenberg.

Schumacher, whose father raced sportscars for Mercedes as part of their young driver programme early in his career and then made a three-year Formula 1 comeback with them, has been linked to a reserve role with the Brackley-based team. His uncle Ralf also drove for Mercedes in his post-F1 DTM career while Ralf’s son David currently races a Mercedes-AMG GT3 Evo in the touring car series.

“Mick is someone that has always been close to our heart because of Michael or the whole Schumacher family,” Wolff told reporters at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. “We believe that we can look after him if the situation were to happen… but we haven’t really put pen to paper, we haven’t really come anywhere close to any terms.”

‘Schumacher fits at Mercedes’;

https://www.grandprix247.com/2022/11...ake-it-happen/

Schumacher keen on accepting Wolff’s offer
    20 November 2022, 06:09
    Grandpx.news

Mick Schumacher seems keen to take up Toto Wolff’s offer of a role with the Mercedes team next year. Amid rumours his contract with the Ferrari driver academy will also not be renewed for 2023, Mattia Binotto said he won’t block Schumacher’s move to Mercedes.

German Schumacher, 23, admitted that Mercedes is “one of” his options for next year. “Mercedes is a great brand, their achievements in Formula 1 are incredible,” he said. “I’m looking at my options and Mercedes is one of them.

“My father switched from Ferrari to Mercedes too so I see no reason why not. I have time now so will look at all the options and hopefully make the decision,” Schumacher added. “But it’s very nice to hear what Mercedes and especially Toto have said.”

‘Schumacher keen on accepting Wolff’s offer ‘;

https://grandpx.news/schumacher-keen...-wolffs-offer/

Verstappen dominates Abu Dhabi GP as Leclerc resists Perez for runner-up spot.
    Max Verstappen expertly managed his pace to turn a one-stop strategy into victory in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix ahead of Charles Leclerc.
    2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix summary
    Posted on 20th November 2022, 14:4520th November 2022, 14:55
    Written by Will Wood

Verstappen and Leclerc managed their tyres to secure the top spots on the podium while Sergio Perez only just failed to catch Leclerc on the final lap, taking third place after pitting a second time.

Perez fell away from his leading team mate and into the clutches of Leclerc behind. As soon as Leclerc was within DRS range at the end of lap 15, Red Bull called Perez into the pits, switching him to hard tyres. Russell also pitted for hards but after a slow stop was released in front of Lando Norris, receiving a five second time penalty as a result.

Verstappen made his pit stop at the end of lap 20, moving onto the hard tyres and rejoining in second place, less than a second ahead of team mate Perez. Leclerc was the final of the front runners to make his stop a lap after Verstappen, rejoining the track just ahead of team mate Sainz in third.

‘Verstappen dominates Abu Dhabi GP’;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/20/...unner-up-spot/

Race Results – 2022 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
    Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
    20/11/2022, 14:40
    by Emer Hedderman
    FormulaSpy

1. Max Verstappen Red Bull Racing – 58 laps
    2. Charles Leclerc Scuderia Ferrari +8.771
    3. Sergio Perez Red Bull Racing +10.093
    4. Carlos Sainz Scuderia Ferrari +24.892
    5. George Russell Mercedes +35.888
    6. Lando Norris McLaren +56.234
    7. Esteban Ocon Alpine +57.240
    8. Lance Stroll Aston Martin +76.931
    9. Daniel Ricciardo McLaren +83.268
    10. Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin +83.898

‘Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Here are the complete results from today’s 2022 F1 World Championship finale race around Yas Marina’;

https://formulaspy.com/f1/race-resul...and-prix-80528

Champion Verstappen ends F1 season with 15th win
    20/1//2022, 14:49
    FOX Sports

ABU DHABI, United Arab Emirates (AP) — Max Verstappen won a record-extending 15th race of the year at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Sunday to conclude one of the most dominant seasons in Formula One history.

A year on from Verstappen's tense and controversial win over Lewis Hamilton to seal his first title, there was little drama at the Yas Marina Circuit.

Verstappen stayed ahead of his teammate Sergio Perez at the start and was never seriously challenged after that on his way to the win.

‘15th win’;

https://www.newsnow.co.uk/h/Sport/F1...x/Abu+Dhabi+GP

Verstappen wins as Leclerc takes P2 over Perez
    Yas Marina, Abu Dhabi
    20/11/2022
    by Emer Hedderman
    FormulaSpy

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix – Max Verstappen had an easy run to the flag as Red Bull just miss out on championship 1-2 as Charles Leclerc beat Sergio Perez.

After the top three had celebrated on the grid and were parking up, Vettel was able to perform doughnuts himself on the start-finish straight before he was also interviewed with the top three. The German will leave the sport after 299 starts, 53 wins, 122 podiums, 57 poles and was also celebrated by the public who voted him Driver of the Day to show their appreciation.

The other drivers who won’t be on the grid next year, Schumacher and Latifi – who got a little bit of coverage on the race broadcast thanks to their collision – the Haas racer ended P16 ahead of his teammate despite his five second penalty, while the Williams driver retired a few laps before the end.

‘Leclerc takes P2 over Perez’;

https://formulaspy.com/f1/verstappen...er-perez-80531

Max Verstappen heavily booed after winning Abu Dhabi Grand Prix in F1 season finale
    Max Verstappen romped to his 15th win of the season in the last race of the year in Abu Dhabi.
    By Stuart Ballard
    14:46, Sun, Nov 20, 2022

Max Verstappen faced a barrage of boos after his triumph at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on Sunday - nearly 12 months removed from the dramatic season finale last year. Verstappen put his car on pole on Saturday ahead of Sergio Perez with most of the focus for Sunday's race being on the Mexican securing second in the championship.

But Verstappen was powerless to help his team-mate as he soon raced off into the distance after just a few laps. Nobody came close to challenging Verstappen for the race win as the two-time world champion picked up his 15th victory of the year.

There were cheers for Perez and Leclerc as they stepped up for their post-race interview with Jenson Button. But Verstappen wasn't given the same reception with the 25-year-old facing loud boos as he began talking with Button.

‘Max Verstappen heavily booed’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...-season-finale

Perez says he ‘gave it all’ in Abu Dhabi GP despite coming up short in fight for P2 with Leclerc.
    20 November 2022
    Formula 1.

Sergio Perez narrowly missed out on P2 in the constructors’ championship after finishing in third place at the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. However, despite the result, the Mexican believes he and his team can still be “pleased” by their performance this season.

Perez started the race in second, alongside his team mate Max Verstappen on the front row of the grid. The two Red Bull drivers ran in first and second for most of the evening, before Perez was forced to pit for a second time as Charles Leclerc closed in from behind.

Perez then looked to chase down Leclerc but ran out of laps in the end, forcing him to settle for third in the race and in the championship. Speaking after the Grand Prix, Perez believed his race was compromised by a less than ideal second stint.

‘Gave it all’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...B5tAxsmKg.html

Our verdict on Ferrari’s surprise mini-win over Red Bull
    20/11/2022, 16:19
    The Race

Given Red Bull’s pace advantage over Ferrari, Sergio Perez’s momentum lately and the way much of the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix appeared to be unfolding, Charles Leclerc’s hopes of at least keeping second in the 2022 Formula 1 world championship appeared slender.

But that’s exactly what he managed in the end, as he stayed just far enough ahead of the closing Red Bull on the final lap at Yas Marina. Here are our writers’ thoughts on how the final significant fight of the 2022 F1 season was resolved:

Gary Anderson: “This went sour for Red Bull in Brazil”
    Glenn Freeman: “Ferrari got it right today – regardless of the outcome”
    Jack Cozens: “FORGET RELYING ON VERSTAPPEN – PEREZ/RED BULL HAD PACE TO SEAL THIS”
    Jack Cozens: “FORGET RELYING ON VERSTAPPEN – PEREZ/RED BULL HAD PACE TO SEAL THIS”
    Valentin Khorounzhiy: “Could this be decisive in Binotto’s future?”

‘Verdict on Ferrari’s surprise mini-win’;

https://the-race.com/formula-1/our-v...urprise-twist/

Perez on P2 championship loss: That’s how it is sometimes
    20/11/2022, 15:16
    Author Rory Mitchell
    RacingNews365

Sergio Perez failed to secure second in the Drivers' Championship and the first Red Bull 1-2, after finishing behind Charles Leclerc at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. Red Bull elected to put Perez on a two-stop strategy, which meant he had to pass several cars at the end of the race, while Leclerc had to manage his pace in P2.

It looked like the Mexican could catch up but Leclerc held on to outscore him by three points, with 308 points to Perez's 305 at the chequered flag. "Thats how it is sometimes, everything can be really close. But at the end of the day, I'm happy," Perez said after the race. "I gave it all, the team gave it all through the season and I'm sure we will come back stronger for next year."

Perez revealed that he's struggled with managing the tyres all season, which is why they went with two pit stops over the one. He added: "I think I did struggle a bit with these tyres, managing the tyres in the race. So hopefully will be something that we will improve for next year."

‘That’s how it is sometimes’;

https://racingnews365.com/perez-on-p...t-is-sometimes

'Spoiled, entitled brat!' Jeremy Clarkson brands Formula 1 star Max Verstappen a 'b***ard'
    Jeremy Clarkson has branded Formula 1 star Max Verstappen a "b***ard" following the events of last weekend's Brazilian Grand Prix.
    13:37, Sat, Nov 19, 2022
    By Hannah McGreevy

Clarkson’s Farm star Jeremy Clarkson has called Max Verstappen a “spoiled, entitled brat” in his latest column. The former Top Gear presenter’s scathing remarks come after Max refused to let teammate Sergio Perez pass even after he had already become world champion.

Jeremy noted that at first Formula 1 fans were won over by the racing driver’s “exuberant style and his get-out-of-my-way yobbery” but that the tables have since turned. The presenter then went on to describe how the sports star had gone from “hero to zero” at lighting speed in his eyes.

“Despite the controversy, we were all thrilled when he won his first world championship. And even more thrilled when he won his second,” Jeremy admitted. “But then, during one brief radio message in the closing stages of last weekend’s Brazilian Grand Prix, everyone suddenly decided that actually he was a b***ard.”

'Spoiled, entitled brat!';

https://www.express.co.uk/celebrity-...ppen-formula-1

‘Is it fair racing?’ Verstappen on not blocking Leclerc for Perez
    20/11/2022, 16:39
    By Valentin Khorounzhiy
    The Race

Max Verstappen isn’t convinced it would’ve been a valid for his Red Bull team to ask him to back Charles Leclerc towards Sergio Perez in the closing stages of the 2022 season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Perez needed to beat Leclerc to finish second in the championship behind Verstappen, and was reeling in his Ferrari rival on fresher tyres in the final laps.

Last year Perez had mounted a very spirited and very targeted defence against Verstappen’s F1 title rival Lewis Hamilton in the Abu Dhabi decider, backing him up to the tune of nearly eight seconds over two laps.

‘Is it fair racing?’;

https://the-race.com/formula-1/is-it...erc-for-perez/

Damon Hill feels Christian Horner ‘lost control’ of Max Verstappen in Brazil
    Sunday 20th November 2022 8:15 AM
    Jamie Woodhouse

Damon Hill believes Red Bull boss Christian Horner lost control of Max Verstappen as he went against team orders in Brazil. Perez had followed team orders when he let Verstappen through in the closing stages of the Sao Paulo GP to attack Fernando Alonso ahead, but with the deal being that Verstappen must return the position if he was not successful, which proved to be the case, he refused to yield to Perez.

That was particularly damaging for Perez who would have gone into the season-ending Abu Dhabi GP P2 in the standings if Verstappen had let him through, Red Bull chasing their first ever one-two finish in the Drivers’ Championship.

Understandably that caused friction with Perez particularly critical of his team-mate, and although all parties are now claiming to have moved on for Abu Dhabi, there is still a feeling of uneasiness from the outside looking in.

‘Lost control of Max Verstappen’;

https://www.planetf1.com/news/christ...tappen-brazil/

Leclerc reveals Ferrari trickery that fooled Perez in Abu Dhabi.
    Charles Leclerc has revealed how Ferrari trickery fooled Sergio Perez into losing P2 in the Drivers' Championship in Abu Dhabi.
    21/11/2022, 16:28
    Author Jake Nichol
    RacingNews365

Charles Leclerc has revealed how Ferrari dummied Formula 1 rival Sergio Perez into making a second pit-stop, which secured the Monegasque P2 in the Drivers' standings in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Leclerc and Perez were locked level on points going into the final race, with whoever finished ahead set to take the runners-up spot in the championship behind runaway champion Max Verstappen.

After the first round of pit-stops, Perez was holding second on the road as both teams were trying to decide whether a one or two-stop strategy would be best. On Lap 34 came the crucial moment when Leclerc was told to "box, opposite Perez".

‘Ferrari trickery’;

https://racingnews365.com/leclerc-re...z-in-abu-dhabi

Leclerc praises Ferrari for “step forward” with strategies after snatching second
    Posted on 20th November 2022, 20:2320th November 2022, 20:41

Charles Leclerc says taking second place off Sergio Perez through the pits shows Ferrari have improved their strategies in recent races. He ran third in the opening stages of the race but moved into second place as Perez made one more pit stop than he did. Leclerc was able to hold on to his advantage over Perez, claiming second place by 1.3 seconds.

“The plan was always to do a one-stop,” said Leclerc after the race. “But we managed to push them into doing two stops.” Leclerc said the strategy hinged on not taking too much life out of his first set of tyres at the start of the race. He was relieved to see Lewis Hamilton drop back from fourth place behind him when the Mercedes driver was told to let Carlos Sainz Jnr past to avoid collecting a penalty.

“On the medium tyres obviously you do the first part of the race trying not to fight too much,” said Leclerc. “But obviously in the first few laps Lewis was quite close. After that I don’t know what happened, I think he had to give the position back to Carlos. “Then at that point, I could manage my tyres a little bit better. It gave me a little bit of breathing space. And then from that moment onwards, then I think we did a great job.”

“Step forward”;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/11/20/...tching-second/

Charles Leclerc: 'I'm really, really happy' after P2 finish in Abu Dhabi
    20 Nov 2022
    Formula 1.

Charles Leclerc reflects on his "perfect race" at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, which not only saw him finish P2 but also help Ferrari to claim second place in the Constructors' Championship.

'I'm really, really happy';

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...735904359.html

CHARLES LECLERC “WAS AT 110%” TO FINISH SECOND IN ABU DHABI
    The Monagesque hopes that Ferrari can pick up the pace in 2023 and seriously be a threat to win the championship
    21/11/2022, 19:36
    Catherine Micallef
    FormulaNerds

The Ferrari driver was focused and made sure not to make a single mistake in this race. He knew what was at stake if there was a single slip-up, but the team came together to deliver a good result. Leclerc said,

“I was [at] 110% from the first lap to the last lap. Honestly, we had the perfect race for us, there was not much more [we could do] today.”

He added, “I knew that the only possibility for us to beat Checo was with a different strategy and playing with tyre management, which we did really well today, and we managed to make the one stop work, so [I’m] really happy.”

“WAS AT 110%”;

https://www.formulanerds.com/news/ch.../?nowprocket=1

Max Verstappen blames Red Bull as Sergio Perez misses out to Charles Leclerc
    Max Verstappen secured his 15th win of the season to cap off a dominant 2022.
    18:53, Sun, Nov 20, 2022
    By Luke Chillingsworth

Max Verstappen has pointed the finger at Red Bull as to why Sergio Perez failed to beat Charles Leclerc to the runners-up spot in the Drivers’ Championship. The Dutchman admitted the team could have done more for the Mexican during the race to help him beat the Ferrari.

Verstappen said: “In hindsight, probably, as a team, we could have pushed a bit more on that on that middle stint for Checo but that’s always easy to say afterwards. “At the time, we thought that we had to be a little bit careful on the tyres but again, we’ve had a lot of great weekends but even in great weekends [there is] always things that you can learn.” Verstappen made the comments a week after a team orders feud at the Brazilian Grand Prix.

‘Max Verstappen blames Red Bull’;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...z-news-ferrari

Perez makes Red Bull vow after Leclerc defeat
    Sunday 20 November 2022 17:50
    Sam Hall

Sergio Perez has vowed to "come back stronger" after falling to defeat in his battle for second in this season's F1 drivers' standings. The Mexican ended the year third overall after also finishing third behind runner-up Charles Leclerc and race-winning team-mate Max Verstappen in the season-ending Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The key moment saw Red Bull switch Perez to a two-stop strategy, while Ferrari left Leclerc to nurse his F1-75 through one stop, with the former missing out by 1.3secs. Reacting to the outcome, Perez conceded: "It is how it is.”

"Sometimes everything can be really close but at the end of the day, I've got to be happy. I gave it my all and as a team, we gave it our all through the season and I'm sure we will come back stronger for next year."

"It is how it is”;

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/96...erez-red-bull/