Two-place rise in championship a “welcome reward” for Aston Martin.
Aston Martin scored their best result of the season so far in Singapore and moved up two places in the championship, which team principal Mike Krack said was a “welcome reward” for their efforts.
2022 Singapore Grand Prix
Posted on 3rd October 2022, 12:13
Written by Keith Collantine

Lance Stroll equalled the team’s highest finishing position of the season with sixth place. Team mate Sebastian Vettel added to their points haul in eighth, having been overtaken by Max Verstappen on the final lap. Lance Stroll equalled the team’s highest finishing position of the season with sixth place. Team mate Sebastian Vettel added to their points haul in eighth, having been overtaken by Max Verstappen on the final lap.

Krack praised his drivers’ efforts as both finished five places higher than they started. “Lance drove fast yet patiently to sixth place, scoring an excellent eight world championship points for us,” he said. “Sebastian, finishing eighth, added four more, pipped for seventh on the final lap by a hard-charging Verstappen. On a very slippery track surface, both our drivers handled an extremely tricky task superbly. As a result, we have climbed a couple of places in the constructors’ world championship, which is a welcome reward for the steady progress we have been making recently.”

Aston Martin moved past Haas and AlphaTauri into seventh place in the constructors’ championship. They are 15 points behind Alfa Romeo with five races left. “Formula 1 is a team effort, and in particular I want to pay tribute to our mechanics, who have worked long and hard in very humid conditions over the past few days, and executed our pit stops brilliantly this evening,” Krack added. “I also want to thank the team back home at Silverstone, who also did a fantastic job.”

‘Welcome reward’;

https://www.racefans.net/2022/10/03/...-aston-martin/

Aston Martin’s Mike Krack: “Both our drivers handled an extremely tricky task superbly”
October 3, 2022
By Jamie Partis-Nelson

Mike Krack, the Team Principal of Aston Martin Aramco Cognizant Formula 1 Team, has heaped the praise on both of his drivers after both Lance Stroll and Sebastian Vettel were able to work their way through the tricky conditions of the Singapore Grand Prix to claim the team’s second double points finish of the 2022 FIA Formula 1 World Championship season.

Both Lance Stroll and Sebastian Vettel were able to make their way up into the top ten on the opening later, with Vettel particularly enjoying a remarkable start to the race with the German climbing five places to eighth by the end of the opening lap. The Aston Martin duo had taken advantage of Max Verstappen’s poor start to the race but the Dutchmen would soon be passing Lance Stroll on the second lap and would eventually make his way past Sebastian Vettel at the safety-car restart on the eleventh lap of the race.

A mistake from Yuki Tsunoda on lap twenty-one would allow Stroll to rejoin the point-paying positions and just moments later both Aston Martin drivers would be moving up a place in the order as Fernando Alonso’s race came to an abrupt end. The Aston Martin pitwall followed the rest of the grid in electing to pit both drivers onto a set of medium tyres on lap thirty-four, with Sebastian Vettel coming in first, followed by Lance Stroll a lap later. A slow out-lap from Vettel would subsequently allow Stroll to execute an overcut on his teammate and rejoin the grid in seventh place.

‘Both our drivers handled an extremely tricky task superbly’;

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...task-superbly/

Lance Stroll 'happy to pick up a bunch of points' in Singapore GP
02 Oct 2022

Aston Martin's Lance Stroll is "happy to pick up a bunch of points" with a P6 finish in the 2022 Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix, after things "went our way" in a chaotic race at the Marina Bay Street Circuit.

"Happy to pick up a bunch of points";

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...132500780.html

Lance Stroll: “It feels so good to pick up sixth place tonight”
October 3, 2022
By Jamie Partis-Nelson

Speaking after the race, Stroll was left delighted after achieving his best result of the season, which has also helped Aston Martin climb two positions in the Constructor’s Standings.

“It feels so good to pick up sixth place tonight, which is my best result of the season. It was also a good day for Seb, so we have come away with a big bunch of points. That is great for everybody in the team who is working so hard. It was a tricky race: the track surface was very slippery for the whole race, and it was not easy to stay out of trouble.”

“It took a very long time to dry, just as it did yesterday. It was just a case of waiting for the areas with the new asphalt to dry out before the switch to slicks, which we timed really well. We have moved up in the teams’ championship, which is important and a nice boost as we enter the final part of the season.”

“It feels so good to pick up sixth place tonight”;

https://www.thecheckeredflag.co.uk/2...place-tonight/

‘Things just went our way’ – Aston Martin drivers thrilled with biggest points haul of 2022 in Singapore
03 October 2022
Formula 1.

Aston Martin picked up their second double-points finish of the season and jumped Haas and AlphaTauri in the standings as Lance Stroll finished sixth and Sebastian Vettel eighth in the Singapore Grand Prix – both drivers leaving the Lion City delighted with the outcome.

The team in green had Stroll start 11th and Vettel 13th, but both drivers kept their noses clean in a race of attrition that saw six drivers retire, plus mistakes from Lewis Hamilton and Max Verstappen. Five-time Singapore GP winner Vettel said his start was the key to a P8 finish.

“I knew I had to be aggressive at the start,” he said, “so after the initial bit of patience across the line, I knew I had to push, which I did. I was checking out some lines on the lap to the grid and it worked, so happy with that. And after that, I think we got a bit unlucky; I would have liked to stay out longer – we’ll have a look – but I think it wasn’t great that the Safety Car just came out, which just then banked the positions.”

‘Things just went our way’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...NnIS4QROC.html

Watch: Onboard Sebastian Vettel’s lightning start at Singapore
Sebastian Vettel has claimed five victories at the Marina Bay Circuit in his F1 career.
3 October 2022
by Nick Golding

Sebastian Vettel rolled back the years in his final Singapore Grand Prix, after achieving an excellent eighth place finish at a circuit he has such a special relationship with. The German driver made an astonishing start in conditions which probably reminded him of 2017, where himself, Max Verstappen and Kimi Raikkonen all collided after launching from the line.

The retiring 35-year-old who started P14, worked his way through to ninth by the exit of Turn Five, after appearing to have substantially better grip than those around him. The German explained the importance of being “aggressive at the start” and revealed how he knew he could make rapid progress on the opening lap.

“I knew I had to be aggressive at the start,” Vettel said. “First patience, then I started pushing. In the formation lap I looked at different lines and that worked well.” Vettel quickly settled into the race towards the bottom of the points, at the circuit where he’s achieved eight podiums, including, an unmatched five victories.

‘Sebastian Vettel’s lightning start’;

https://formula1news.co.uk/watch-onb...-at-singapore/

ONBOARD: Vettel gains five places in brilliant start to 2022 Singapore Grand Prix
02 Oct 2022
Formula 1.

Ride onboard with Sebastian Vettel at the Marina Bay Street Circuit as the Aston Martin driver gains five places in a brilliant start to the 2022 Formula 1 Singapore Grand Prix.

‘ONBOARD with Sebastian Vettel’;

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/v...660154490.html

Sebastian Vettel Wasn't Raised Like Other F1 Champions and He Isn't Retiring Like One, Either!
Motorsports A to Z: Sebastian Vettel, ‘A’ is for agitator.
Oct 3, 2022
By Mike Guy

CAYCE CLIFFORD
“What is an activist?” asks Sebastian Vettel. He’s scratching his scruffy face and grimacing, bristling at the accusation that he has become one. It’s hard to argue against it: Over the past couple of years, even as he’s struggled to find top-10 finishes with the Aston Martin Cognizant Formula One Team, Vettel has become the sport’s loudest voice on topics many racing fans won’t appreciate: civil rights, boycotting Russia, the plight of underprivileged children, the burdens placed on the Global South, and, most significantly, climate change, which he believes is linked to everything.
This story originally appeared in Volume 13 of Road & Track.

‘A’ is for agitator

https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...ettel-profile/