Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Dakar 2022

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    I don't think Nasser had 2WD only. If he did, then he did amazing: 10 minutes behind Ekstrom who won the stage and 7 minutes behind Loeb.
    I think he's controlling, now the gap is 37' 58'', still very comfortable.
    “For 350 km we one puncture and then we only had front-wheel drive because we broke the rear. I was really scared all the way. On the last part I said, ‘I don’t care, on the last fifty kilometres I will try to push a little bit’. But it was not easy with just the front-wheel drive. I’m really lucky to be here and we only lost seven minutes to Seb. For the speed, we needed to go slow, but there was a small part broken inside and a lot of noise. That’s what we had to manage all the way, but we are lucky to be here. Of course I was scared, because we have done a very good job from the beginning and now if we start to have problems… I think we need to sit down with the team a little bit to see why it happened. It’s a new rear differential, we only added it yesterday. I think there was something wrong with the fitting, but we’ll see now what the mechanic will say. The Dakar is never finished, you know? We’ll try to respect the Dakar. The Dakar is the Dakar”.

2. Likes: focus206 (10th January 2022)
    Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    “For 350 km we one puncture and then we only had front-wheel drive because we broke the rear. I was really scared all the way. On the last part I said, ‘I don’t care, on the last fifty kilometres I will try to push a little bit’. But it was not easy with just the front-wheel drive. I’m really lucky to be here and we only lost seven minutes to Seb. For the speed, we needed to go slow, but there was a small part broken inside and a lot of noise. That’s what we had to manage all the way, but we are lucky to be here. Of course I was scared, because we have done a very good job from the beginning and now if we start to have problems… I think we need to sit down with the team a little bit to see why it happened. It’s a new rear differential, we only added it yesterday. I think there was something wrong with the fitting, but we’ll see now what the mechanic will say. The Dakar is never finished, you know? We’ll try to respect the Dakar. The Dakar is the Dakar”.
    Well done to Nasser, then. Really limited the damage.

Loeb escapes time penalty as BRX handed €10,000 fine

The nine-time WRC champion lost his spare wheel on stage eight of the 2022 Dakar Rally
    https://dirtfish.com/off-road/dakar/...d-e10000-fine/

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Loeb escapes time penalty as BRX handed €10,000 fine

The nine-time WRC champion lost his spare wheel on stage eight of the 2022 Dakar Rally
    https://dirtfish.com/off-road/dakar/...d-e10000-fine/
    It's same shit like in the WRC.

If some privateer from the bottom fifty run over a motorbike he would be disqualiffied.
    If some privateer from the bottom fifty disconnected the datalogger he would be disqualified.
    If some privateer from the bottom fifty lost a spare wheel on stage he would get a time penalty.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: dimviii (11th January 2022),focus206 (10th January 2022),pantealex (12th January 2022),the sniper (10th January 2022)
    In today's stage, Nasser gains 1 minute on Loeb. Nothing changes really, Loeb was never going to catch him on speed alone with that big gap.

Al-Attiyah’s Dakar Rally lead cut after five-minute penalty

Toyota driver found to have not fitted seatbelts properly after early puncture stop on Monday's eighth stage
    https://dirtfish.com/off-road/dakar/...inute-penalty/

Al-Attiyah’s Dakar Rally lead cut after five-minute penalty

Toyota driver found to have not fitted seatbelts properly after early puncture stop on Monday's eighth stage
    https://dirtfish.com/off-road/dakar/...inute-penalty/
    Second infringement for Nasser... only 5 minutes penalty after 2 pretty serious offences. Not as serious as running over bikes and not stopping, but still.

10. Likes: dimviii (11th January 2022),Mirek (11th January 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by focus206 View Post
    Second infringement for Nasser... only 5 minutes penalty after 2 pretty serious offences. Not as serious as running over bikes and not stopping, but still.
    if you go to gallery>video>day8 you can watch the video comparison when Loeb and Nasser change the tyre.
    https://www.dakar.com/en/stage-8/bike/gallery/video

12. Likes: focus206 (11th January 2022)
    Loeb gains a couple of minutes on Al Attiyah, the gap is 32' 40'' with 2 stages to go...

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Terrible day for our colors today. Loprais retired from 4th place (1st non-Kamaz) with broken power steering in a jump over a dune in which Huzink broke his truck's chassis in two and one another CanAm rolled. It's not sure if he'll be able to continue tomorrow or not but for sure his chances on any good result are lost. Prokop lost gearbox oil through a broken sealing which was difficult to reach moreover on a palce without phone signal so without a chance to consult his team. They managed to repair it but only after five hours and as a result they need to navigate the desert in the night. He is also ill.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump