Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Dakar 2022

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    bravo to Nani Roma

It is undoubtedly one of the images from this 2022 Dakar Rally. After what happened recently between Giniel de Villiers and the Chilean motorcycle rider, César Zuramán (a situation that had an encore just hours later), the other side Of the coin we have found it in the figure of Nani Roma when he approached the participant Original by Motul (formerly known as Malle Moto), Tiziano Interno, to worry about his condition.

The Catalan, along with Álex Haro, explained to the journalist Damià Aguilar what happened, pointing out that Tiziano had fallen behind a dune and that he had not had time to activate the Sentinel that would alert him to his presence precisely at that dangerous point. The two-time Dakar winner was unaware of this situation and when overcoming the dune he ran over the Italian's motorcycle, which fortunately was not right next to his saddle at that time.

Nani himself has declared that it was undoubtedly a "lucky day" for Tiziano and for them, since if he were closer to the motorcycle that had just fallen, he could have had significant physical injuries in the face of a collision with the BRX Hunter T1 + that is using this edition that of Folgueroles.

In addition to breathing relief, the Prodrive and Bahrain Raid Xtreme rider has been quick to take an interest in the bivouac because of the situation of his motorcycle, also knowing that in this category the resources are very limited and they hardly have the parts that they themselves They carry in a chest that ASO moves to each assistance at the end of each stage so that participants in the Origina by Motul category can work on the motorcycles.

Roma himself has approached KTM, a manufacturer with whom he has a long relationship, in addition to the good harmony that Nani has with those responsible for the team, Jordi Viladoms and Marc Coma, to ask them for the parts with which Tiziano can replace the damaged on your motorcycle by the accident. Dakar spirit.

https://www.diariomotor.com/competic...ero-nani-roma/

2. Likes: focus206 (4th January 2022)
    Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts
    might some one know were i can find steward decidion page were they giving penalty for dakar competetors ?

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Stage 3 Highlights
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x86tifq

Nice to see Audi winning their first stage, eh!
    I hate to think that Sainz didnt had a good extreme-e season cuz he is a beast!
    Last edited by lmmjvss; 4th January 2022 at 20:47.

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts

Liked 17 Times in 13 Posts

7. Likes: dimviii (5th January 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwallace View Post

9. Likes: Mirek (5th January 2022)
    Liked 407 Times in 272 Posts
    Very close battle today for stage victory, Al Rajhi taking it but only with 14" to Al Attiyah and 39" to Loeb. Lategan had problem and waiting for truck.

Liked 838 Times in 385 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wwbroe View Post
    Very close battle today for stage victory, Al Rajhi taking it but only with 14" to Al Attiyah and 39" to Loeb. Lategan had problem and waiting for truck.
    2 minutes penalty to Al Rajhi for speeding. Stage victory goes to Al Attiyah, Loeb 2nd at 25'' and Sainz 3rd at 52''.

Overall standings:
    1 Nasser Al Attiyah
    2 Sebastian Loeb +38' 05''
    3 Yazeed Al Rajhi +49' 15''
    4 Giniel De Villiers +49' 17''
    5 Lucio Alvarez +53' 58''

4 of the top 5 drive Toyota Hilux. From 6th down, they have more than 1 hour gap from Al Attiyah. Meanwhile Nani Roma, in another BRX Hunter, lost 1h 30' due to technical troubles.
    Last edited by focus206; 5th January 2022 at 16:02.

how much respect for these guys!!!

Yeah, it worked out not too bad, the plan. I caught the guys earlier than I thought. It was really tricky navigation at the start, at the refuelling. After this, I was in the pack and we tried to open the stage as fast as we could so we didn't lose too much time to the other guys. We found one really tricky spot and I went on the right way, and so did Skyler. We opened a lot, for a fair bit we didn't know where the other guys went. While I was opening with Skyler I landed off a dune jump on a mound. That's why my face is like this. I face-planted the navigation screen on the front. It was a really rough day. I hit my head pretty hard, but I was really lucky I didn't crash. The airbag went off and it was good to just regroup and get to the next refuel, finish strong and try not to lose too much time today because it was the biggest stage of the race. It was good fun.

https://www.dakar.com/en/news/2022/s...t-crash/175299

Ivan Fernandez
    @fernischumi

It's over. 5 Hour penalty to Giniel De Villiers for his incident with a motorcyclist on stage 2 #Dakar

14. Likes: focus206 (5th January 2022)