Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14222324
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Seriously, what do you think this contributes, other than making it take longer to get to actual comments?
    Have him on ignore for months - you should do the same. He just spams the forum. Admin should ban him really.

Liked 670 Times in 468 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You miss my point. For me it is about the institutional unfairness of it all. How something of this magnitude can happen and everyone turns a blind eye to it. This is how all the unfair situations in the world happen. Nobody has the courage to stand up to it and say "no this would not do". I am hugely disappointed by the injustice that was displayed in this very shameful demonstration of human nature.

I respect people by their ideals not what they pompously think of themselves. But by what they do. And what we have witnessed in Abu Dhabi is disgraceful. But l see no shame but everyone carrying on as if nothing has happened.
    This would actually be quite funny to me if it wasn't such a sad representation of how invested you are in this whole thing. You act as if playing keyboard warrior is trying to make things in the world fair and just, when in reality it's a very minor concern within the scope of world problems.

It's a sport, subject to flaws like any sport, and available only to those with the means in developed countries who use it as a form of entertainment.

If what you do to right all the unfair situations in the world is only to play keyboard warrior, you might want to take a long look at the basis you use to judge others. And rather than pompously think of others in that light over their opinions over a sporting event and how trivial it is in their own lives, you should consider actually getting hands on with some of the real problems in the world to change your perspective. There are still plenty of grossly oppressed people in the world who would appreciate the help, even if it means missing time to argue on the internet about a race result.

Masi made a decision under pressure, and many aren't happy with it. He didn't commit genocide, provoke a peaceful country, or even do anything remotely comparable to a real world problem of any sort. I think you've lost yourself in the drama you've created and expect others to engage in it.

3. Likes: Bagwan (20th December 2021),Tazio (23rd December 2021)
    Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Horner believes Verstappen caught Hamilton by surprise
    19th December 2021, ‎14‎:‎30
    Author Anna Francis

"Classic Verstappen"
    Horner is full of praise for the way in which Verstappen overtook Hamilton, a move that he thinks was "classic Verstappen".

"Naturally, we're going to roll the dice and go for it," Horner told The Telegraph.

"Max just refused to give up. You didn't hear him moaning on the radio. Every lap, he drove his heart out, then suddenly a chance presented itself.

"When you look at his pass at Turn 5, I don't think Lewis was expecting him to go through there. He didn't even defend. He was waiting for him more into Turn 6, but Max took him by surprise. Classic Verstappen."

Verstappen a deserving champion

Verstappen's debut F1 title might have been secured in controversial style, but Horner thinks that the Dutchman's performances throughout the season highlight his worthiness as a champion.

"Even entering that weekend, I felt Max deserved it for how he had driven, how he had applied himself, how he had kept fighting under the most intense pressure and scrutiny - even when he didn't have, in the second half of the year, the best car," Horner explained.

https://racingnews365.com/horner-bel...on-by-surprise

Former Mercedes boss heaps praise on Verstappen
    20th Dec 2021
    Thomas Maher

A former Mercedes Sporting Director has lavished praise upon Max Verstappen, after the Dutch driver won his maiden F1 Drivers' Championship in Abu Dhabi.

Norbert Haug, who became a prominent figurehead for Mercedes during the 1990s as they partnered up with McLaren as engine suppliers, took to Red Bull's TV station in Austria to discuss the 2021 season and said the 24-year-old is "very special".

"One thing is certain: Max Verstappen is very, very special," he said in conversation with ServusTV.

"He makes incredible moves that often turn out very well. It rarely goes wrong and his margin of error has been reduced enormously.
    "Verstappen is really special, you just have to admit that."

Joining Haug on the programme was Gerhard Berger, the ex-F1 driver, who agreed with the former Mercedes boss.

"In short, he will become World Champion several times," the Austrian racer predicted, although he believes there is still room for Verstappen to grow.

"He still needs to accelerate a little bit in his way up to the racing class but, if we look at the pure talent, he is an exceptional driver."

https://racingnews365.com/former-mer...-on-verstappen

Max Verstappen full of praise for ‘awesome’ Red Bull teammate Sergio Perez
    Perez played a crucial role as Verstappen defeated Lewis Hamilton to win the F1 title

Sports Staff

Max Verstappen has praised Sergio Perez’s “awesome” impact on his Formula One title-winning campaign.

Perez’s first full season at Red Bull coincided with Verstappen’s maiden F1 championship, as the Dutchman defeated Lewis Hamilton at the final race of the season to claim the title.

Verstappen was the dominant driver of the season, winning 10 races, but Perez’s contribution was illustrated by his committed defending against Hamilton during the title-deciding Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Verstappen called Perez a “legend” on his team radio after the Mexican held Hamilton up and brought the 24-year-old back into the race at the Yas Marina Circuit.

Red Bull have traditionally struggled to fill the second seat alongside Verstappen, with Alex Albon and Pierre Gasly struggling during their stints with the team, but Formula One’s newest champion revealed Perez had exceeded his expectations.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1979383.html

Max on his ‘really good friendship’ with Alonso
    Date published: December 18 2021 - Finley Crebolder

Max Verstappen says he has a “really good friendship” with Fernando Alonso and that it’s “really nice” to talk to him.

The Spaniard has often spoken positively of the Red Bull driver, praising his style and admitting that he’d rather see the Dutchman than Lewis Hamilton win the 2021 title.

Verstappen has been complementary towards the Alpine man too, sharing memories of watching him race growing up, and he says the two of them have become good friends.

“At the moment, I have a really good friendship with Fernando because already, when I was still in go karting, I really liked his style,” the 24-year-old said in an interview on the CarNext YouTube channel.

“He’s also ‘never give up’ and a real fighter. Of course unfortunately now in the last few years he hasn’t been able to do that at the front, just because he doesn’t have the car.

“But I like his attitude. He’s really on fire. And also his drive and motivation at his age, to still be there in Formula 1, wanting to be there for a longer time, and he always wants to win.

“He always wants to do the best [he can]. For me, that’s really nice to see.”

https://www.planetf1.com/news/max-ve...so-friendship/

Hamilton to receive "no forgiveness" for FIA prize-giving snub
    Sam Hall
    Saturday 18 December 2021 10:00

Newly elected FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem has warned Lewis Hamilton will find "no forgiveness" from F1's governing body if his non-attendance of the prize-giving gala is deemed to have breached regulations.

Neither seven-time champion Hamilton nor Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff attended the end of season FIA event in Paris on Thursday with James Allison instead collecting the constructors' championship trophy.

Although Wolff's attendance is not mandated, Hamilton's is specified in article 6.6 of the sporting regulations. It states: "The drivers finishing first, second and third in the Championship must be present at the annual FIA Prize Giving ceremony."

https://www.gpfans.com/en/f1-news/73...e-giving-snub/

AUSTRIAN COMMENTATORS GOING CRAZY! F1 2021 Abu dhabi LAST LAP (English Subtitles)
    Dec 20, 2021

Abu dhabi 2021 reaction Ernst Hausleitner & Alex Wurz GOING CRAZY English subtitels LAST LAP Austrian COMMENTATOR GOING CRAZY F1 2021 Abu dhabi GP

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_c8gw-N5Nc

"This has been MANIPULATED, man!" | Lewis & Max's final lap on-boards & team radio side by side! ��
    Dec 14, 2021

Take a look back at that thrilling final lap from Abu Dhabi with a new perspective with both Max Verstappen and Lewis Hamilton's onboards side by side!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ys1KSo5PpGI

Christian Horner reaction to the final lap thriller in Abu Dhabi
    Dec 23, 2021

It's edge of the seat stuff as Christian Horner and the Red Bull team watch the action packed final moments of the 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, and witness their driver Max Verstappen clinch his maiden Formula 1 world title

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=klcNPzqIUeA

F1 Fans Crazy Reaction Last Lap 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | Max Verstappen | Lewis Hamilton
    Dec 21, 2021

F1 Fans Crazy Reaction Last Lap 2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix | Max Verstappen | Lewis Hamilton F1 Fans Reaction to Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021 Max Verstappen Overtakes Lewis Hamilton in Final Lap

Frans Kerens
    Yep. Goosebumps again. Especialy when the crew starts running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9syOShvryc

Verstappen vs. Hamilton Last Lap - Mercedes Garage at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2021
    Dec 17, 2021

Victor Tran
    Simply lovely

WhyNot
    Fantastic....the future is Orange.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGhJ92lZYL8

2021 Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, final lap crowd reaction in Sydney!
    Dec 17, 2021

Kwint
    Im from the netherlands and i had no idea everyone over the whole world had the same reaction when max won. that was awesome haha it makes me happy to see everyone come together

renderice ib
    The same reaction all over México. ��������

xderJukes
    Germany celebrated him like this aswell!

J053
    Spain celebrated Max's victory almost like a championship for Alonso. SUPER MAX!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iBnFUUUwC04

F1 Abu Dhabi 2021 - Reaction Netherlands - Max Verstappen World Champion
    Dec 14, 2021

Johan Regalado
    This was awesome!!!! I hope Max wins more F1 championships and the Netherlands win the football World Cup!!! Greetings from Guatemala!!! We also went crazy for Super Max!!! ����

Philip 416 GTi
    Greetings from Greece!Max is the best!!Pure talent!He made the sport interesting and exciting again

音速のきつね
    Thank you Max! Congratulations to the Netherlands! From Japan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WyVhGQHOriE

Max Verstappen F1 biggest fan my son's reaction to winning the title
    Premiered Dec 14, 2021

CrashForce
    I think we all had a tear in our eyes when Max crossed the finish line in Abu Dhabi! That moment will probably be pretty special for your son as he grows up and remembers seeing Max win his first WDC live.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkMYWTuLFT0

Worldwide F1 fans reaction to Verstappen becoming World Champion
    Dec 14, 2021

On 12-12-21 Max Verstappen earned his first Formula 1 World Championship in Abu Dhabi. Highly deserved after the phenomenal season he has had, and the terrible luck he has suffered. The FiA have been an absolute circus this season, typically in favor of Mercedes, this time Max finally got some justice. 10 wins 10 poles 18 podiums 652 laps led 3 races ruined through no fault of his own 2nd best car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jeHeEwSGj0

Aus F1 fan reaction to Abu Dhabi last lap Max Verstappen championship
    Dec 15, 2021

Broom stick 72
    The way he asked toto to shut up ��

doubleOT
    Shut up Toto lmaoo

Juned Ahmed
    "Shut up toto you fuckwit", couldn't have said it any better ��

Ian F1 Expert
    Most of Britain including me was so happy max won. Only the few knee bending weirdos wanted Lewis to win. ������

Coxy_Wrecked.
    I'm English and have been a fan of Lewis throughout his career and I truly believe he's one of the best drivers of all time but I actually wanted Max to win because he's undoubtedly been the best driver this year and if it wasn't for some bad luck would have had the championship wrapped up a while ago in what happens to be an inferior car to the Merc.

Ida Steigenga
    Great video ��.. Over here in Holland we're still talking 24/7 about Max his last lap ��
    Priceless in every way. For once in 8 years something didn't work out Lewis way and Merc don't know how to accept it because they've never had to.

ARNON BOYD
    Max has the fresher tires! Whose fault was that?! Mercedes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxFwU0AJFL0

Newey: We wouldn’t have won without the safety car
    Paul Velasco
    23 December, 2021

Adrian Newey knows a thing or two about designing Formula 1 World Championship cars, this year’s Red Bull RB16B penned by his team being his 11th title-winning creation, but he admits luck and the safety car helped Max Verstappen to the Title.

But this one was among the toughest battles the Red Bull design guru has experienced in his illustrious career – as the preeminent F1 designer of the past three decades – ending the dominance of Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes.

The Title was decided on the very last lap of a controversy packed Abu Dhabi Grand Prix, when Verstappen, with the RB16B in fine fettle on fresh Pirelli Soft tyres, muscled his way past Hamilton’s Mercedes W12 on ageing Hards. But it very nearly slipped away on the night.

Newey recalled in an interview with Sky F1: “In the laps before the safety car, it looked like it was slipping away from us. Inevitably you start thinking about the year and what we could have done. Some unlucky moments.

Newey: Max thoroughly deserved it on balance
    “Copse in particular which personally still really grinds with me what happened there. And then the Safety Car happened. We got lucky in that sense. There are no two ways about it, we would not have won without the safety car

“But if I reflect – and of course I am biased, I know – I think that Max thoroughly deserved it on balance,” argued Newey; a view shared by most neutrals who witnessed this year’s grand campaign.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/12...he-safety-car/

Ecclestone: I don’t think Hamilton is coming back
    Jad Mallak
    23 December, 2021

With rumors regarding Lewis Hamilton’s future refusing to go away, former Formula 1 boss Bernie Eccleston said that the Briton is not coming back next season.

Ecclestone was the latest in a many F1 related personalities to give their opinion about the seven-time F1 World Champion’s future in the sport, who has been laying low ever since his controversial defeat at the 2021 Abu Dhabi GP, where he lost out on the F1 Title to rival Max Verstappen on the last lap of the race.

The 91-year-old Briton was speaking in an interview with Blick, and answered when asked if he talked to Hamilton post Abu Dhabi.
    “No, but a few days ago with his father,” he said. “I immediately sensed that he wouldn’t answer a question about his son’s future. So we only talked business!

Ecclestone believes Hamilton won’t come back
    Asked what he believed Hamilton is going through, he said: “I don’t know, but I don’t think he’s coming back.
    “His disappointment is too great. And you can understand that in a way. Now it would be time, with seven world championship titles like Michael Schumacher, to tackle his dream of becoming a fashion entrepreneur.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/12...s-coming-back/

Horner: Honda boss smiled in Abu Dhabi for the first time in three years
    23rd December 2021, ‎14‎:‎35

Red Bull Team Principal Christian Horner says Honda boss Toyoharu Tanabe smiled for the first time in three years when Max Verstappen won the Drivers' Championship at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Verstappen's last-lap pass on Lewis Hamilton gave Honda their first title since Ayrton Senna in 1991, as they officially leave the sport at the end of the year.

Tanabe has been Honda's Formula 1 Technical Director since they partnered AlphaTauri in 2018, and Red Bull a year later in 2019.

Horner hinted that Tanabe rarely showed his emotions, but was able to put on a big smile when Verstappen became World Champion in Abu Dhabi.

"It's a great shame that Honda are leaving Formula 1 officially," Horner told media, including RacingNews365.com.

"It's the first World Championship for them in 30 years, so it's an enormous moment for them.

"Tanabe San was there 30 years ago, to witness that. He looks remarkably similar 30 years later, and he's the type of guy that we haven't seen smile in three years.

https://racingnews365.com/horner-hon...in-three-years

Montoya expects F1 to gain new fans after dramatic Abu Dhabi finale
    ‎22‎ ‎December‎ ‎14‎:‎05
    Former F1 driver Juan Pablo Montoya believes the drama of the Abu Dhabi showdown will bring in plenty of new fans to Formula 1.
    Author Thomas Maher

"I think they tried to give the fans a really good show at the end of the race, and the people that don't follow the sport every week got to see an amazing race and a great finish - you're going to get new fans out of it," Montoya told Motorsport.tv.

"At the end of the day, [that] is the big picture and people are going to pay more attention to F1 - that is really important."

https://racingnews365.com/montoya-ex...u-dhabi-finale

[EXTENDED VERSION] How worldwide Verstappen fans reacted during the GP Abu Dhabi 2021
    Dec 16, 2021

ENJOY THIS EXTENDED VERSION!! Enjoy how Max Verstappen fans from all over the world reacted to that final lap, when Max Verstappen was crowned as the Formula 1 World Champion in Abu Dhabi, 2021.

Alejandro Aranda
    Max Verstappen made millions of people around the world emotional and cry with his triumph. It made me feel in the times when Ayrton Senna achieved that in people. Max Verstappen logró que millones de personas en todos el mundo se emocionaran y lloraran con su triunfo. Me hizo sentir en las épocas cuando Ayrton Senna lograba eso en las personas.

Mark S.
    There will never be a more exiting finish. What a race, what a season, what a champion!

Icaro
    All the world pushed that car with Verstappen… Epic

Jos de Hommel
    This makes my eyes watery all over again, from hartbreak to anger and in the end happiness just sheer happiness, great to see!! A moment for the ages for us Dutch… ��������

DorkieShorty
    I love how Max Verstappen is bringing the world together like this. love from the netherlands <3 for all max fans

Osvaldo Santander
    I imagine Max watching this video. It must be absolutely sensible, for anyone, that so many people around the world hug, scream, jump like crazy for what he did. In one lap he drove millions of F1 fans crazy, and that has no price or words to describe it, right? Much deserved!

Ashley Hoch
    Wow..it really shows just how much that final pass meant to to fans around the world. GO MAX!

saskiapanter
    As a small country, these video's are very humbling. I really didn't realize so many people around the world support Max like a lot of people from the Netherlands do. Thank you so much. I love it �� ����

gamehuis
    Tears in my eyes man. A moment for the ages.

Al
    I’ve sat through emotional movies, speeches, real life incidents that would elicit insane tears from me, yet failed to.

Nothing, and I mean nothing will ever bring more tears from my eyes than this video.

Nothing encapsulates how me, my friends, and every other F1 fan - from the oldest of age to the latest ones that tuned in during the last hours of the season, nothing will match the unrivalled emotions this season gave, and subsequently, the video posted here.

A season where all the odds were stacked against a rookie who had the hallmarks of a champion, a season where I and some others went in with the assumption it’ll be another Mercedes-dominated breeze… it turned out to be the most nail-biting contest for glory I’ve ever seen.

Say what you will about the controversy surrounding the final lap - Max did do things right to earn the championship. And say what you will about how many anguished fans resorted to social media following these events - they are massively outnumbered by the colossal armies of viewers, from the Netherlands to America to Asia to Africa - the world not only watched Max win - the majority rooted for him. The majority wanted a contender after 6 years of the sport being dominated by one team that waned the reputation of Formula 1.

On that day, the world watched a new champion rise - one that some knew would make it to this point from the day he won at Barcelona - and for some who only found out about him and his name on that fateful day of the championship race.

Thank you, Max. You have brought tears and laughter, joy and excitement to the hearts of every fan who is passionate about not just drivers winning - but racing. Fans both old and new will remember and rejoice for this day. We love you and look forward to what you do next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJVxGTTGF28