Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,340 Times in 4,960 Posts
    New Chris Ingram interview - good for those who dont know his background and what he's been through. Also his future plans and ambition:

https://youtu.be/k2Rslwn09qA

2. Likes: Fredouye (3rd September 2022),WRCStan (3rd September 2022)
    Liked 601 Times in 320 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    New Chris Ingram interview - good for those who dont know his background and what he's been through. Also his future plans and ambition:

https://youtu.be/k2Rslwn09qA
    Thanks Eddie. Love this guy. Good honest questions too but understandably brief. Speaking of his record, would like to ask him what he thinks of ideas like negative points for retirements in ERC and national championships, and on the topic of money flows in motorsport could be a long one too but similar question on new formats etc.

4. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (8th September 2022)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Kajto has just announced that he is going to compete in Rally New Zealand:
    https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39....aw&oe=631AF0B1
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

6. Likes: flat_right (5th September 2022),WRC1 (5th September 2022)
    Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarek Z View Post
    Kajto has just announced that he is going to compete in Rally New Zealand:
    https://scontent.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t39....aw&oe=631AF0B1
    Good for him that he is making a push for the WRC2 title. But if he succeeds after winning 3 overseas rallyes with litlle/no competition (at least from the WRC2 frontrunners), there is something flawned in the championship structure. I can't understand why the organiers don't sleect events to "force" participant to compete one against each other. Just as it was in the old day of S1600. Other events could be seleccted for WRC3, or a rotation could be put in place. Maybe long haul event should be just separate as the WRRC2 is mostly euro-centric ... Many options there but having drivers (almost) never meeting one another is bad.

8. Likes: dimviii (7th September 2022),Jarek Z (8th September 2022),Lead (7th September 2022),Rally Hokkaido (8th September 2022),RS (10th September 2022),seb_sh (9th September 2022),skarderud (7th September 2022),the sniper (7th September 2022),tommeke_B (7th September 2022),WRCStan (7th September 2022)
    Quote Originally Posted by djip View Post
    Good for him that he is making a push for the WRC2 title. But if he succeeds after winning 3 overseas rallyes with litlle/no competition (at least from the WRC2 frontrunners), there is something flawned in the championship structure. I can't understand why the organiers don't sleect events to "force" participant to compete one against each other. Just as it was in the old day of S1600. Other events could be seleccted for WRC3, or a rotation could be put in place. Maybe long haul event should be just separate as the WRRC2 is mostly euro-centric ... Many options there but having drivers (almost) never meeting one another is bad.
    Fully agree, and a lot of the NZ entrants wouldn't be doing any other round yet are in it because it comes free with entering the rally. Class doesn't make a championship.

Structurally, and also considering "WRC Rally1" wants to go more ex-Europe, I'd go further and draw WRC2 and ERC into one FIA title. AFAIK, WRC is the only world championship with tiers of world champions, not even Formula 2 is one. "FIA Rally2 Championship" is worth exploring. Start it in Europe and perhaps expand to rounds in ME and Africa in future if successful. Give the calendars independence to flex on demand and maybe even deviate if it works. Makes sense at least if it is idealistic, and there's a lot more issues at heart.

Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Miko Marczyk announced that he is going to compete in Rally Catalunya. It will be his 6th (and last) round in WRC2. He is currently 4th in WRC2 Junior Standings:
    https://www.wrc.com/en/results-stand...2/wrc2-junior/
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    Championship is Kajto's to secure by safely scoring 4th-ish place on two rallies with little to no competition now and if that doesn't happen he can still improve in Catalunya with 4th or better.
    Rossel has some chance, but would need 2x 2nd place or better, likely difficult, but we will know more on Sunday.

First crash of the season for Mikkelsen (but with quite a timing). Sure two engine issues, out of which a repeat of the same issue is kind of a team mistake, but in the end he could make up for it himself.

Liked 308 Times in 148 Posts
    It's not that simple. I would not bet that being three times 4th will give him title. Kajto virtually has 66 points now, not 76 (worst results being excluded). We shouldn't forget about Lindholm, who apart from Greece has still two shots. But I agree, that we will know more on Sunday.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom K View Post
    Kajto virtually has 66 points now, not 76 (worst results being excluded).
    If he does a 7th round; ie NZ, Spain and Japan and outscores this ^ 5th

14. Likes: AnttiL (9th September 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by djip View Post
    I agree that the way that it is the WRC2 and WRC3 are a bit anticlimactic and some system to force direct competition would be better. Also doing some WRC2 or WRC3 only rounds (i mean beside the main WRC of course) so they can each get more coverage would be good. The counterarguments i got once were about costs and allowing drivers to drive their preferred or home events with the current system, while if you force it you could mess that up for them.

I would propose something like this: you can choose 4 of the first 8 rounds, then there are 3 fixed rounds that everyone has to do. In the first part of the season you would have indirect competition like now but it would build up some interest and give more people a chance to win rallies. Then in the final 3 rounds you are guarenteed direct competition and you see who is the best in a direct fight.

16. Likes: b3637853 (12th September 2022)