Page 6 of 33 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Sorry... what? These teams need Mads' help with their cars? Help to do what, make them worse?

We're talking about this Mads Østberg, right? https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/ostbe...-after-issues/

Ok, he might have learned from those mistakes, but would you give that sort of responsibility to someone who has openly admitted to making errors in development of a car? It's not really a glowing recommendation...
    is also the same guy that brought a quite crappy c3 nearly to a fabia level...

2. Likes: HenryEST (26th January 2022),Rallyper (26th January 2022),skarderud (26th January 2022),steve.mandzij (29th January 2022),Sulland (26th January 2022),the sniper (26th January 2022),WRC1 (26th January 2022)
    Liked 797 Times in 379 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Sorry... what? These teams need Mads' help with their cars? Help to do what, make them worse?

We're talking about this Mads Østberg, right? https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/ostbe...-after-issues/

Ok, he might have learned from those mistakes, but would you give that sort of responsibility to someone who has openly admitted to making errors in development of a car? It's not really a glowing recommendation...
    He is a good developmentdriver, and obviusly learning by his mistakes.
    The C3 is a good car these days.

Sent fra min SM-G950F via Tapatalk
    Radioreporter @ www.radiomotor.no

KNA Lillehammer Motorsport

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Hearing from various sources that Hyundai's and Suninen's WRC2 season starts from Portugal

5. Likes: cali (26th January 2022),er88 (26th January 2022),pantealex (26th January 2022),seb_sh (26th January 2022),the sniper (26th January 2022)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    But please allow me to hijack your question and pitch a WRC3 Team to the forums and maybe find out what's in it for the likes of Movisport this way (...) -
    Who wants to be World Rally Champions with me?
    Haha This was so good. I honestly dont understand why someone would put money into motorsport for the Return of Investment. I mean, suuure, Heiniken gets a decent propaganda in F1 and can absolutely reach more eyeballs. Other than that, I still find hard to understand. I think its more about "ok, let me invest in something Im passioned about". I'd not put money into a rally car :/ ...but -IF I HAD THE CASH, OC- I'd love to support a super buggy in the FIA euro autocross haha or a 450cc bike in American Flack Track championship (the singles class, not the harleys and indians). It was interesting to think about that. Maybe its where our actual favorite motorsport is. It pops out and say "Yeah, its me, not wrc!". Great post mate.

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny0405 View Post
    One question for those who know it:
    What is the point of creating fake WRC-2 teams for the team championship?

Toksport is a true team, they prepare their own cars so it’s okay and it gives them some visibility even if they have to pay 10k€ registration fees.

For M-Sport, clearly, some of the drivers used in the championship teams are only clients (Prokop last year, Adielsson in next Swedish rally) but I could understand as the entry fees are free for them for the WRC-2 team championship (As a Rally1 manufacturer). All the more than the car is effectively prepared by M-Sport.

But I don’t really understand a fake team like Movisport last year or Yacco ACCR team in Monte Carlo (probably a team around Cais only with some local Yacco-supported drivers from other teams as a supporting cast). Don’t really mind but I don’t really understand what is the model for paying 10k€ registration fee: I don’t see anything about the prize money; the visibility is low, neither it seems to lower the driver registration fees.
    So quite surprised.
    There are few things why to use it. Last year you cannot use as competitors name anything else than name of driver, if you are not registered to teams championship. This has changed only for this year and on very last moment, when most of entries to Monte were done. Also in the past it was enough to make team registration and you can nominate drivers without any additional payment to WRC2 drivers, this is also gone. And of course, sometimes sponsors likes if their name is mentioned in the name of competitor.

Liked 3,789 Times in 1,684 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WRCStan View Post
    Benefits are: team passes at rallies that you were going to pay for tickets at anyway, huge trophies to impress the neighbours with, rub shoulders with motorsport elite at the Gala Ball, then also any secret prize money! Who wants to be World Rally Champions with me?
    No more team passes (currently not decided if you enter as team or not, but you can choose two different versions of entries according to your service dimensions and team passes numbers, of course with different price). In Monte no trophy for teams championship (and also not for juniors). Also not invitation to the Gala in Monte (but in the end of season I think it will be). And for sure no prize money

Liked 340 Times in 171 Posts
    Test Teemu Suninen | Hyundai i20 N Rally2 | Pre WRC Season 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8HZotRrPa8Q

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Next round for Erik Cais is Croatia.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

11. Likes: AnttiL (28th January 2022),cali (28th January 2022),EstWRC (28th January 2022),pantealex (30th January 2022)
    Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Hearing from various sources that Hyundai's and Suninen's WRC2 season starts from Portugal
    Quite logical even if he wins Croatia last year, Hyundai has so much to do with both Rally1 and Rally2 cars so they have to focus and probably easier to focus on gravel with the series of gravel rallies to come

About Ostberg, as said before by other members, he brings Citroen car from a still developing car to something probably equal to Skoda now (don’t forget Skoda won none of the 3 Big Rally2 titles in 2020 and they had to hire Mikkelsen to win titles in 2021).
    So he is interesting for any team who has a car to develop: however, Hyundai already has Suninen who is also a fast gravel/snow driver, even if with much less experience.
    And M-Sport has Huttunen + doesn’t have a big list of drivers according to Millener for WRC-2.

Logical for Cais to do the 4 European tarmac rallies (I include MC and the TBD) considering his profile. Don’t know for Japan, maybe a reserve round as his team is in the team championship (the 7th round, if made, must be Non-European for team championship); but Kenya may be cheaper. Portugal would sound logical with his experience (one or 2 gravel rallies there in the past) all the more with two gravel events there in the ERC in March.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 29th January 2022 at 11:36.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    so in WRC3 you can drive only in WRC3J and not for WRC3Open (Junior has 8 entries in Sweden, Open only 4)
    is that same allowed in WRC2 also ?
    That way driver could drive for some points in every rally.

RallyGuide2 for Sweden says it's part of WRC3 Teams championship, 0 entries according to entry list ... (no WRC3T marked to any)
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"