Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 76 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yas Marina is much faster this year so should neutralise everything out a little.
    Tell me more. Did they change the layout?

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yep, looks like Jeddah will favour Merc but as Totto put it, Lewis will be using their 'spicy' engine in the remaining two races regardless (they didn't use it last weekend) so I guess the million dollar question is, will it be enough to help Lewis prevail at an otherwise Red Bull favouring Yas Marina? I think it probably will but I can't say that with any real certainty. This is shaping up to be a mouth watering stonking finale, the outcome of which, will be argued about for a very long time.

I just hope both the cars can keep up their stunning reliability to keep them in the game, would be a real shame for the fans if either of the title protagonists had a DNF in the next two.
    I agree, a clean straight fight from start to finish would be the ideal experience for these last two races.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Tip even more towards Merc you mean?
    Quote Originally Posted by Firstgear View Post
    Tell me more. Did they change the layout?
    Yes, I think so based on the circuit characteristics. 3 corners have been changed for AD this year.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...5yPUInsek.html

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yes, I think so based on the circuit characteristics. 3 corners have been changed for AD this year.

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...5yPUInsek.html
    Yep, that is looking like a faster lap than previous. Increased speeds at what used to be a hairpin into an ess chicane. I am glad to see those esses go.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Jeddah is a street circuit, so it would be ready for the race weekend.
    It is a street circuit in name only. It has been being built over the last 7 months and they are rushing to complete it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    It is a street circuit in name only. It has been being built over the last 7 months and they are rushing to complete it this week.
    As long as we don't have camels and goats running across the track, we are bound for a great race weekend. Being a new track included on the calendar at short notice, we would have to hope for a reasonable circuit. It would be much better next season l am very sure.

We however go into this race with Verstappen feeling the crosshairs of Hamilton burning into his back. Redbull would be digging real deep to find an answer to the Mercedes bullet on the fast corners of Jeddah. It is a race that would not be devoid of controversy as desperation levels reach the red zone at both camps. The stewards have to be vigilant as ever, with a high level of consistency and fairness. As any decisions they make could gift the championship title fairly or unfairly to either party. Qatar was a blemish on their record, but they have to do much better in these very crucial last two races.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd November 2021 at 13:01.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Wolff warns Red Bull: ‘Spicy equipment’ on the way
    Date published: November 22 2021 - Jon Wilde

Toto Wolff confirmed Lewis Hamilton’s 'rocket engine' will be rolled out again in Saudi Arabia – after he dominated the Qatar Grand Prix.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/toto-w...icy-equipment/

Mercedes send warning: Hamilton to use 'spicy engine' again in Saudi Arabia
    ‎21‎ ‎November‎ ‎17‎:‎35

Mercedes Team Principal Toto Wolff has revealed that Lewis Hamilton's car will be fitted with their "spicy engine", which was used at the Brazilian Grand Prix, next time out in Saudi Arabia.

https://racingnews365.com/mercedes-s...n-saudi-arabia

Lewis Hamilton set to get ‘spicy equipment’ in Saudi Arabia, Toto Wolff reveals
    Mercedes are aiming to top the table in both driver and constructor standings
    Karl Matchett
    10:09, 22 Nov 2021

The improvements made to his engine on that occasion meant that despite a grid penalty - plus being excluded from qualifying - he came from 10th to triumph in Sao Paulo and Mercedes boss Toto Wolff feels the layout of the track in Saudi Arabia means it’s ideal to bring back the so-called ‘rocket engine’, after it was replaced in Qatar.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/...-b1961972.html

'Spicy equipment’ on the way for Lewis Hamilton in Saudi Arabia, warns Toto Wolff
    Mercedes team principal Toto Wolff is optimistic ahead of the Saudi Arabia GP
    By Liam LlewellynSports Trends Writer
    19:52, 22 Nov 2021

WOLF “…it’s a long straight, we’ll get our spicy equipment out for Saudi Arabia that we didn’t use [in Qatar]…”

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/formu...spicy-25520968

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    As long as we don't have camels and goats running across the track, we are bound for a great race weekend. Being a new track included on the calendar at short notice, we would have to hope for a reasonable circuit. It would be much better next season l am very sure.
    Let's hope it is a good circuit for racing.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    As long as we don't have camels and goats running across the track.
    Unlikely in a city the size of Jeddah but Camel Spider's do have a penchant for bright lights and can show up anywhere.

Camel Spiders are rumoured to run at 30km/h and the sight of a dozen spiders, up on their haunches, galloping down the main straight could be a wonder of nature we might not soon forget.

My wife and I lived and worked in Saudi for many years in the 90's. We are so very pleased that there will be an F1 Grand Prix in Saudi Arabia. Wow.

We both hope that the race in Jeddah is a resounding success and are hoping to be there for next years race. Fingers are crossed...

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    Mercedes beat Red Bull in Qatar corners, not the straights
    Date published: November 24 2021 - Jamie Woodhouse

Mercedes have revealed that it was not their straight-line speed which beat Red Bull in Qatar, instead they did it in the corners.

Lewis Hamilton was dominant in Formula 1’s first visit to the Losail International Circuit, taking pole and the victory at a canter as title rival Max Verstappen was forced to settle for P2.

Much had been made about Hamilton’s new ‘rocket’ engine which made an emphatic debut in Sao Paulo, but it was given a rest for the Qatar GP, and data did indeed show that Mercedes and Red Bull were pretty even in a straight line in Qatar.

https://www.planetf1.com/news/merced...qatar-corners/

Hill fears 'hunter' Hamilton running out of chances
    Andrew Lewin24/11/2021 at 09:1724/11/2021 at 12:08

Former F1 world champion Damon Hill believes that the momentum is with Lewis Hamilton in his 2021 battle with Max Verstappen, but that the Briton is running of time and opportunities to pull off an eighth title.

Hamilton pulled off an impressive comeback drive for victory in Sao Paulo after being hit by multiple penalties, and then cruised to a dominant lights-to-flag win in Qatar to cut the points gap to Verstappen in the drivers standings.

He's now just eight points behind his rival with two races to do. On paper, two more back-to-back wins in Saudi Arabia and Abu Dhabi could see him win the title - but Hill reckons that will be very difficult to achieve.

https://f1i.com/news/426189-hill-fea...f-chances.html

Formula 1: Helmut Marko makes very bold Red Bull prediction in fight with Mercedes at Saudi GP
    By George Dagless
    Published: 24 Nov 2021, 13:00

Never shy of giving his predictions for Formula 1, Helmut Marko has gone on record to say he expects Mercedes' recent pace advantage over Red Bull to no longer exist once we get to the Saudi Arabia Grand Prix.

The last two races have seen Max Verstappen and the Bulls rather hit for six with Lewis Hamilton's sheer speed in his Mercedes proving too hot for them and anyone else to handle.

Indeed, with two races to go, there are just eight points between the title rivals and many are suggesting that it's actually Hamilton in second place that looks the favourite for the championship because of recent form.

“Saudi Arabia is called a Mercedes job, but how often did things like this come out this year? We just have to win there,” he said to Servus TV.

“What I heard from Hermann Tilke, the track designer, is that they are fast sweeps, but they are not absolute straights.

“A lot will depend on the performance of the tyres, as we saw in Qatar.

“Mercedes is no longer superior in top speed."

https://www.givemesport.com/1790939-...es-at-saudi-gp