Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2021 - Race 21 Saudi Arabia

Race 21. This is where Hamilton for all intents and purposes ties the 2021 championship up so that there is 1 final race to crown the champion.

What if F1 is now the new WWF? It is almost like this is all scripted.

2. Likes: airshifter (22nd November 2021),Bagwan (22nd November 2021),N. Jones (21st November 2021),Petrolhead (25th November 2021),Zico (21st November 2021)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    I'm still thinking this race is not going to happen. The track is not even built! Weird.

4. Likes: Petrolhead (25th November 2021)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Race 21. This is where Hamilton for all intents and purposes ties the 2021 championship up so that there is 1 final race to crown the champion.

What if F1 is now the new WWF? It is almost like this is all scripted.
    I'm not sure they could write a script this good really.

Unless the layout differs greatly from what it seems, Jeddah should favor Merc. But Yas Marina is much tighter, and might remain RB territory. At this point if either constructor can make a 1-2 finish it would be a big blow for the WDC standings as well as the WCC standings. And there is potential for it to happen at either track if the #2 drivers stay on their game. I'm expecting Jeddah to favor Merc, but with the fresh track and conditions, it may well be a toss up, as well as which team found some performance within their resources.

Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    I'm still thinking this race is not going to happen. The track is not even built! Weird.
    Well you can't expect them to alter the track to suit the winning car until they have all the data from previous races, can you?

In all seriousness, with a track very green I hope they don't have any "bedding in" hassles with the drains, curbs, etc. Even more with the surface itself. With the way they are pushing the schedule it could be very slick still, and that would really suck for the race.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I'm not sure they could write a script this good really.

Unless the layout differs greatly from what it seems, Jeddah should favor Merc. But Yas Marina is much tighter, and might remain RB territory. At this point if either constructor can make a 1-2 finish it would be a big blow for the WDC standings as well as the WCC standings. And there is potential for it to happen at either track if the #2 drivers stay on their game. I'm expecting Jeddah to favor Merc, but with the fresh track and conditions, it may well be a toss up, as well as which team found some performance within their resources.

Yep, looks like Jeddah will favour Merc but as Totto put it, Lewis will be using their 'spicy' engine in the remaining two races regardless (they didn't use it last weekend) so I guess the million dollar question is, will it be enough to help Lewis prevail at an otherwise Red Bull favouring Yas Marina? I think it probably will but I can't say that with any real certainty. This is shaping up to be a mouth watering stonking finale, the outcome of which, will be argued about for a very long time.

I just hope both the cars can keep up their stunning reliability to keep them in the game, would be a real shame for the fans if either of the title protagonists had a DNF in the next two.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

7. Likes: airshifter (22nd November 2021)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yep, looks like Jeddah will favour Merc but as Totto put it, Lewis will be using their 'spicy' engine in the remaining two races regardless (they didn't use it last weekend) so I guess the million dollar question is, will it be enough to help Lewis prevail at an otherwise Red Bull favouring Yas Marina? I think it probably will but I can't say that with any real certainty. This is shaping up to be a mouth watering stonking finale, the outcome of which, will be argued about for a very long time.

I just hope both the cars can keep up their stunning reliability to keep them in the game, would be a real shame for the fans if either of the title protagonists had a DNF in the next two.
    I agree, a clean straight fight from start to finish would be the ideal experience for these last two races.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Jeddah is a street circuit, so it would be ready for the race weekend. Being a new track on the calendar and never raced in this format before this coming weekend, we would expect some glitches here and there.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Jeddah is a street circuit, so it would be ready for the race weekend.
    It is a street circuit in name only. It has been being built over the last 7 months and they are rushing to complete it this week.

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    It is a street circuit in name only. It has been being built over the last 7 months and they are rushing to complete it this week.
    As long as we don't have camels and goats running across the track, we are bound for a great race weekend. Being a new track included on the calendar at short notice, we would have to hope for a reasonable circuit. It would be much better next season l am very sure.

We however go into this race with Verstappen feeling the crosshairs of Hamilton burning into his back. Redbull would be digging real deep to find an answer to the Mercedes bullet on the fast corners of Jeddah. It is a race that would not be devoid of controversy as desperation levels reach the red zone at both camps. The stewards have to be vigilant as ever, with a high level of consistency and fairness. As any decisions they make could gift the championship title fairly or unfairly to either party. Qatar was a blemish on their record, but they have to do much better in these very crucial last two races.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 23rd November 2021 at 12:01.
    William Shakespeare

As long as we don't have camels and goats running across the track, we are bound for a great race weekend. Being a new track included on the calendar at short notice, we would have to hope for a reasonable circuit. It would be much better next season l am very sure.
    Let's hope it is a good circuit for racing.

Liked 41 Times in 26 Posts
    As long as we don't have camels and goats running across the track.
    Unlikely in a city the size of Jeddah but Camel Spider's do have a penchant for bright lights and can show up anywhere.

Camel Spiders are rumoured to run at 30km/h and the sight of a dozen spiders, up on their haunches, galloping down the main straight could be a wonder of nature we might not soon forget.

My wife and I lived and worked in Saudi for many years in the 90's. We are so very pleased that there will be an F1 Grand Prix in Saudi Arabia. Wow.

We both hope that the race in Jeddah is a resounding success and are hoping to be there for next years race. Fingers are crossed...