Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    No need for conspiracy theories. F1 wants Hamilton to win this race and for the championship to go to the last race.

For the sake of the "show" Red Bull will play it safe and hope to minimize their loss of points this weekend. They have already signaled that - it is clear Mercedes is too fast for RB this weekend.
    It would be great if it goes to a last race shootout. Abu Dhabi is more of an even track than Jeddah. Hence, it would be down to performance at every level in each team. And there would be no loss of face for whichever team loses. Both would have proved they were deserving of winning the 2021 titles.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    They need to make a better decision on minimum outlap speeds in my opinion. There is just too much potential for something to go really wrong if they don't police this now.

The plot thickens. Verstappen tops FP3 before the qualy showdown. HAHA bring it on!

To complicate things, Hamilton is summoned to the Steward's office for impeding Mazapin and Gasly and ignoring double yellow flags. The Yellow flag aspect has been dropped by the stewards. But it is not clear what they are going to decide concerning the impeding aspect. A weird penalty would steal the fight at the front from us the fans. I hope they don't dish out a penalty that affects the fight for the championship.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th December 2021 at 16:05.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    They have all the space and all the money and they build something as hideous as this track.

Its just sad to see.

5. Likes: Bagwan (4th December 2021)
    Bloody hell. What an amazing lap by Verstappen that ends in the walls. That would have placed him on pole. Car damage and on his back foot going into the race.

Hamilton got a free gift there. Bottas on form again. Perez 5th and not what Redbull would want. It is all about strategy now and a great start.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th December 2021 at 17:04.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Bloody hell. What an amazing lap by Verstappen that ends in the walls. That would have placed him on pole. Car damage and on his back foot going into the race.

Hamilton got a free gift there. Bottas on form again. Perez 5th and not what Redbull would want. It is all about strategy now and a great start.
    Yup. He certainly left it all on the track. I do foresee loser Horner now try and lodge a protest for the hamilton Fp3 incident. Because stupid fia mystically extends the protest window. masi is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can't argue with results.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Yup. He certainly left it all on the track. I do foresee loser Horner now try and lodge a protest for the hamilton Fp3 incident. Because stupid fia mystically extends the protest window. masi is a joke

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was "all in" drive, through that lap. If he has gearbox damage, it could be very costly. I am quite astonished as to where Redbull found 0.400s to Mercedes with fresh engine on a fast-flowing track. Whatever the case, Verstappen was on the very ragged edge of adhesion. It was a truly fantastic drive.

About the steward's decision; It is very distracting to leave it till the end of the session. They had plenty of time to call on those infractions. Now, the outcome of qualy would influence their decision.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th December 2021 at 17:53.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Hmmm .
    Where was that "spice" they've been talking about ?

Too bad Max tagged the wall there , as Lewis was hoping to heroically overtake him to steal the points away in the last laps of the race , miraculously leaving the two gallant racers tied going to the final race of the season , a truly epic finale .

Maybe there's a way to employ the "magic" button again , to get Max ahead for a while .

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    I missed qualy but I see Hamilton has been summoned to the Stewards for something to do with double waved yellows. Grid penalty incoming?

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    I missed qualy but I see Hamilton has been summoned to the Stewards for something to do with double waved yellows. Grid penalty incoming?
    No penalty. It was an error by marshall, that lasted like a second - no warning actually went out (e.g. flags, or on signs or on car).