Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    You are right. There isn't a specific rule on how to give a place when instructed to do so. But that is not the point though. Judging by how very close Hamilton was behind him, slowing on the racing line was always going to result in Hamilton crashing into him. It could have turned out bad for Verstappen too. With rear tyre puncture or damage to the rear of the Redbull car. His intentions were clear, braking suddenly and as hard as he did was dangerous and why he is under investigation.
    If he braked, I'll agree with you.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Here , let me toss another log on the fire .

Max downshifted five times just before Lewis hit him . He likely didn't brake at all there .

Back to that first "Mick" incident .
    I believe one TecPro block was pierced , and thus , it's integrity compromised . Since it was a popular spot to park , it needed fixing .
    That's not Masi's fault .
    Blame Tilke and his son for this stupid track .

3. Likes: N. Jones (6th December 2021)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    What are everyones thoughts on the track for F1?

Some drivers loved it, others less so, its fast and offers a different challenge from most others but clearly can bite as we expected and witnessed. no run offs, potentially dangerous.

Should it be on the Calender next year?
    I love it actually. It gives the drivers a very different kind of challenge they don't experience anywhere else. It is unforgiving as street tracks usually are. It is super fast, not for the weak-hearted. The teams and drivers have lots of data about this track now, there is much to learn from when they come back here next season.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    I love it actually. It gives the drivers a very different kind of challenge they don't experience anywhere else. It is unforgiving as street tracks usually are. It is super fast, not for the weak-hearted. The teams and drivers have lots of data about this track now, there is much to learn from when they come back here next season.

Yep, I'm mostly in the same camp... although I can also understand why some see it as too dangerous, and too unforgiving.

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    What are everyones thoughts on the track for F1?

Some drivers loved it, others less so, its fast and offers a different challenge from most others but clearly can bite as we expected and witnessed. no run offs, potentially dangerous.

Should it be on the Calender next year?
    The only reason it was an interesting race was the two red flags. That disrupted what would have been ho-hum Mercedes 1-2. Terrible for wheel-to-wheel racing (isn't that what they want next year?).

How many laps were run under the VSC or safety car?

There are a lot more interesting tracks that I would put in the schedule before this one. But Saudi's is giving F1 a lot of money, so it will be in the schedule probably permanently.

7. Likes: airshifter (5th December 2021)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    The only reason it was an interesting race was the two red flags. That disrupted what would have been ho-hum Mercedes 1-2. Terrible for wheel-to-wheel racing (isn't that what they want next year?).

There are a lot more interesting tracks that I would put in the schedule before this one. But Saudi's is giving F1 a lot of money, so it will be in the schedule probably permanently.
    Actually, there were lots of great wheel to wheel racing at this race. It had us all at the edge of our seats as all manner of dramas occurred. It was exciting and it would be much better next season with drivers being more experienced of the characteristic of this track.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    10 second timed penalty and 2 penalty points for Max. Basically have let him get away with brake testing Lewis, which they clearly show in their decision that he did.

https://twitter.com/rachelbrookestv/...560708608?s=21

10. Likes: truefan72 (6th December 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post

Fair points.. could well be because of it being such a critical stage in the championship. Let's see how it does next year if it isnt.

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    10 second timed penalty and 2 penalty points for Max. Basically have let him get away with brake testing Lewis, which they clearly show in their decision that he did.

Yep. Good for those of us that wait for facts rather than speculation.

It still makes no sense though unless Max thought he would just come through. Why risk the collision when it's possible that you could be the one that comes out on the worst end?

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

So he did brake.. fair enough. In that case Max is guilty as charged. If he was going to brake to try and make Lewis pass before the DRS line he should have been fully over to the right IMO.