Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

2021 - Race 21 Saudi Arabia

Race 21. This is where Hamilton for all intents and purposes ties the 2021 championship up so that there is 1 final race to crown the champion.

What if F1 is now the new WWF? It is almost like this is all scripted.

2. Likes: airshifter (22nd November 2021),Bagwan (22nd November 2021),N. Jones (22nd November 2021),Petrolhead (25th November 2021),Zico (21st November 2021)
    Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    I'm still thinking this race is not going to happen. The track is not even built! Weird.

4. Likes: Petrolhead (25th November 2021)
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Race 21. This is where Hamilton for all intents and purposes ties the 2021 championship up so that there is 1 final race to crown the champion.

I'm not sure they could write a script this good really.

Unless the layout differs greatly from what it seems, Jeddah should favor Merc. But Yas Marina is much tighter, and might remain RB territory. At this point if either constructor can make a 1-2 finish it would be a big blow for the WDC standings as well as the WCC standings. And there is potential for it to happen at either track if the #2 drivers stay on their game. I'm expecting Jeddah to favor Merc, but with the fresh track and conditions, it may well be a toss up, as well as which team found some performance within their resources.

Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    I'm still thinking this race is not going to happen. The track is not even built! Weird.
    Well you can't expect them to alter the track to suit the winning car until they have all the data from previous races, can you?

In all seriousness, with a track very green I hope they don't have any "bedding in" hassles with the drains, curbs, etc. Even more with the surface itself. With the way they are pushing the schedule it could be very slick still, and that would really suck for the race.

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    F1 Saudi Arabia Grand Prix doubts raised as track completion going 'down to the wire'
    The Saudi Arabia Grand Prix will be pivotal in the F1 title race, but doubts have surfaced as to whether the venue for the penultimate meeting of the season will be ready on time.
    By Fraser Watson
    12:55, Wed, Nov 17, 2021

The F1 title race won't be only thing going down 'to the wire' amid fresh doubts that the track in Saudi Arabia will be ready in time to host the penultimate race of the season. This weekend, drivers head to Qatar for a third Grand Prix in as many weeks, and will then take a two-week break ahead of a first ever F1 event at the Jeddah Street Circuit, from December 3-5.

Read MORE here;

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/f1-a...ompletion-news

Jeddah track construction to be complete “in coming days”
    2021 Saudi Arabian Grand Prix
    Posted on
    21st November 2021, 11:1621st November 2021, 11:28 | Written by Keith Collantine

Construction of the new Jeddah Corniche Circuit will be completed within a few days according to the promoters of the Saudi Arabian Grand Prix, which is due to take place at the track in two weeks’ time.

New photographs show the extent of the construction work on the 6.1-kilometre temporary course which will hold the country’s first Formula 1 race.

Read MORE here;

https://www.racefans.net/2021/11/21/...n-coming-days/

Jeddah Corniche Circuit nears completion ahead of the inaugural F1 Grand Prix
    November 21, 2021

JEDDAH — With just two weeks to go until the inaugural Formula 1 STC Saudi Arabian Grand Prix 2021 makes its long-awaited debut, anticipation is beginning to rise for the moment the world’s greatest drivers will take on the formidable challenge of the world’s fastest and longest street track, the Jeddah Corniche Circuit.

Set to host the penultimate round of this year’s enthralling Formula 1 season, the newest race on the calendar is readying itself to play host to a titanic title battle for the ages between seven-time World Champion Lewis Hamilton and the young pretender to his crown, Max Verstappen.

Work on the track — which is officially termed a temporary facility — only began last April and is set to be completed in the coming days. Indeed, this remarkable achievement will add another record to its burgeoning list of early accomplishments: no F1 circuit has ever been constructed in a shorter period.

This incredible feat is a testament to the hard work and dedication of the inaugural Saudi Grand Prix’s devoted workforce, who have been striving tirelessly to deliver this stunning racetrack on time.

Read MORE here;

https://saudigazette.com.sa/article/...-F1-Grand-Prix

Max Verstappen vs Lewis Hamilton: How the 2021 Formula 1 title could be clinched at Saudi Arabian GP
    F1's closest championship in years could be decided in inaugural Saudi Arabian GP - find out all the permutations in both the drivers' and team battles; race at Jeddah street track is live on Sky Sports F1 on December 5
    By Matt Morlidge
    Last Updated: 22/11/21 12:51pm

Read MORE here;

https://www.skysports.com/f1/news/36...udi-arabian-gp

Verstappen could wrap up first F1 title in Saudi Arabia
    Reuters
    22 November, 2021

Red Bull driver Max Verstappen will have his first shot at clinching the Formula 1 title at the inaugural Saudi Arabian Grand Prix in a couple of weeks’ time but the World Championship leader could also see his advantage disappear entirely.

https://www.grandprix247.com/2021/11...-saudi-arabia/

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lmmjvss View Post
    Jeddah is a street circuit, so it would be ready for the race weekend. Being a new track on the calendar and never raced in this format before this coming weekend, we would expect some glitches here and there.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post

We are used to one team running away with the championship from; at least midseason. This 2021 season has turned everything we know on its head. It is not even clear for certain, who would win what.

We thought Redbull and Verstappen would win in Brazil, they didn't. We head to a track that is completely new to racing. There is no data at all to work with. Not even motorcycle racing information. It is anyone's guess who would win at this race.

One thing is certain, If Verstappen wins in Jeddah, the driver's championship is more or less over. If Hamilton wins, then it is very much a toss of the coin who wins the driver's championship. On paper, Mercedes is the favourite to win those two races. But they have to be flawless and hope their stock of engines still have the grunt that has been troublesome for Redbull. If not, chances are Redbull, would win both championships. This is true even if they have the engine to win Jeddah but lack the engine to win Abu Dhabi.

So by the look of things, it is all still up in the air. The script of the season would write itself at the start and last few laps of Abu Dhabi.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post

Unless the layout differs greatly from what it seems, Jeddah should favor Merc. But Yas Marina is much tighter, and might remain RB territory. At this point if either constructor can make a 1-2 finish it would be a big blow for the WDC standings as well as the WCC standings. And there is potential for it to happen at either track if the #2 drivers stay on their game. I'm expecting Jeddah to favor Merc, but with the fresh track and conditions, it may well be a toss up, as well as which team found some performance within their resources.
    That Yas Marina may suit Redbull more than Mercedes is definitely uncertain. Mercedes was quicker than Redbull through the slow corners at Qatar. This suggests that Mercedes may be just as fast through the twisties as Redbull if not faster at Yas Marinas. It comes down to what their relative speed is on the straights. With an engine with low mileage, my money would be on the Mercedes. Otherwise, it easily would be Redbull.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    I'm not sure they could write a script this good really.

Yep, looks like Jeddah will favour Merc but as Totto put it, Lewis will be using their 'spicy' engine in the remaining two races regardless (they didn't use it last weekend) so I guess the million dollar question is, will it be enough to help Lewis prevail at an otherwise Red Bull favouring Yas Marina? I think it probably will but I can't say that with any real certainty. This is shaping up to be a mouth watering stonking finale, the outcome of which, will be argued about for a very long time.

I just hope both the cars can keep up their stunning reliability to keep them in the game, would be a real shame for the fans if either of the title protagonists had a DNF in the next two.
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!

11. Likes: airshifter (23rd November 2021)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Yep, looks like Jeddah will favour Merc but as Totto put it, Lewis will be using their 'spicy' engine in the remaining two races regardless (they didn't use it last weekend) so I guess the million dollar question is, will it be enough to help Lewis prevail at an otherwise Red Bull favouring Yas Marina? I think it probably will but I can't say that with any real certainty. This is shaping up to be a mouth watering stonking finale, the outcome of which, will be argued about for a very long time.

I just hope both the cars can keep up their stunning reliability to keep them in the game, would be a real shame for the fans if either of the title protagonists had a DNF in the next two.
    Yas Marina is much faster this year so should neutralise everything out a little.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    Yas Marina is much faster this year so should neutralise everything out a little.
    Tip even more towards Merc you mean?
    The emergence of the new 'Rainmaster' - Mad Max at Interlagos 2016!