Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    I looked at Bottas and Verstappen feeds, they didn't slow down at all, but I did not see them have any yellow flags or have any radio calls of yellow flags.
    I found this after looking around some. Some seriously mixed signals in some cases. From my understanding they went yellow, double yellow, slow moving car, track clear... not all in that order and possibly showing one then the other. I'm not sure how the on dash signals are controlled but from some of the radio calls it seems it all happened fairly quick and in some situations engineers made a radio call of one condition then the other in seconds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=21CYh2Kny-A

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    FORMULA 1 OOREDOO QATAR GRAND PRIX 2021 - PRACTICE 1
    19 21 Nov 2021 Losail International Circuit, Lusail

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ractice-1.html

FORMULA 1 OOREDOO QATAR GRAND PRIX 2021 - PRACTICE 2

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ractice-2.html

FORMULA 1 OOREDOO QATAR GRAND PRIX 2021 - PRACTICE 3

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ractice-3.html

FORMULA 1 OOREDOO QATAR GRAND PRIX 2021 - QUALIFYING

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ualifying.html

STRATEGY GUIDE: What are the possible race strategies for the Qatar Grand Prix?
    Special contributor
    Chris Medland
    21 November 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...dcEkeYFj5.html

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Verstappen received a 5 place drop and Bottas received a 3 spot drop. FIA position was even though there were not the usual alerts, the drivers are responsible for driving unaided. At least in this case, the stewards have been consistent on this throughout the season.

I was surprised none of them slowed down with Gasly was on the side of the road - you would have to assume as a driver there would be a yellow flag.

This does another thing - it separates Max from Lewis so there won't be any "fireworks" and takes championship 1 step further down the road, unless Max gets taken out/or wrecks out in the middle of the pack.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    I bet that flag person drives a Merc .

Or , he or she will soon .

Just kidding .

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    Verstappen received a 5 place drop and Bottas received a 3 spot drop. FIA position was even though there were not the usual alerts, the drivers are responsible for driving unaided. At least in this case, the stewards have been consistent on this throughout the season.

I was surprised none of them slowed down with Gasly was on the side of the road - you would have to assume as a driver there would be a yellow flag.

This does another thing - it separates Max from Lewis so there won't be any "fireworks" and takes championship 1 step further down the road, unless Max gets taken out/or wrecks out in the middle of the pack.
    It doesn't makes sense to slow down after you have passed the hazard.

I find it weird to penalyse for ignoring a flag that wasn't actually there.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts

What a turn of events? Very late penalty, with 90 minutes to go for the race start. This really puts a dent in Verstappen's title bid and deprives us of a Hamilton vs Vertsppen fight at the start.

Things may have gone their way at Sao Paolo, it seems to be going against them here in Doha.

As always, we should ask if the stewards were wrong? Did Verstappen see the double yellow and fail to respond to them by slowing down? Were there malfunctions in the yellow flag notification systems on track and in the car?

There was good evidence that Verstappen did not slow during the double yellow flag section. It is unfortunate that the double yellow was at the very last few yards from the end of the lap.
    However, the system seemed to have failed to convey the yellow flag information appropriately. With Bottas there seemed to be no information at all of a yellow flag situation. With Verstappen, the notification screen seemed to be flashing a white flag as opposed to a yellow flag which was clearly the case for Alonso.

With this evidence, it is easy to think that the stewards have been hard on both drivers. I think they should have got the benefit of the doubt as this is a new track where everything may not function correctly. It is possible the outcry for the Brazil decision has invited a heavy-handedness for this situation. This is understandable but it could be unfairly punitive to Redbull and Verstappen if system malfunction may be proven to be the root cause for misinformation. That said, Mclaren was on the case by warning their driver quite early that a yellow flag situation exist and where. Both Mercedes and Redbull did not inform their drivers of the situation but relied on the notification system.

With that in mind, the steward has not acted in a heavy-handed way. But have acted properly in accordance with the regulations. it is tough for Redbnull, but that is the way it is.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 21st November 2021 at 13:24.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts

2021 - Race 20 Qatar

Useless Bottas
    Tbh i would replace bottas with Russell in the last 2 races. He had one job to do which was to keep max behind him and he couldn’t even do that right from the start. Pathetic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    The reason they only gave Bottas a three place penalty is that he looses five positions at the start anyway. That guy is totally useless when he's down the grid.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 1,120 Times in 599 Posts
    So the mercedes is half a second faster than the Redbull, and at least 2 seconds a lap faster than everybody else.

Mercedes is lucky that perez sucks just as much as bottas.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Mercedes are thinking on their feet today.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare