Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 330 Times in 184 Posts
    Looks like the 22 season thread I started and all my previous posts have disappeared with the profile I had which has been removed for some reasons known only to the Admins..

Shame about Edwards and the timewaster supposed backer.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Funny I was just looking at the entry list on EWRC and saw Edwards name was missing !

Just shocking to mess anyone about like that, but to do it to a rally champion is disgraceful.

What a sad state of affairs for Matt and bad for the reputation of rallying.. This idiot should be named and shamed !

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    I see MNews are wanting questions for MSUK CEO Hugh Chambers - Matt himself asked a few on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MNmotorsport/sta...14650199273476

3 time BRC Champion, and struggling for budget......What can you say about the state of the sport in this country?
    Last edited by AndyRAC; 3rd February 2022 at 23:02.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I see MNews are wanting questions for MSUK CEO Hugh Chambers - Matt himself asked a few on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/MNmotorsport/sta...14650199273476

3 time BRC Champion, and struggling for budget......What can you say about the state of the sport in this country?
    Q: Does David Richards actually care about what has happened to British rallying under his stewardship?

Think of the grief Alan Gow used to get...

5. Likes: AndyRAC (4th February 2022)
    Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Well yes; the rallying community were always slightly sceptical about Gow, seeing as he was behind ToCA/BTCC......and thought rallying would get short shrift from him.

I honestly don't know what their strategy for the sport is; if they have one. And how they've allowed our 'flagship' event to cease to run almost beggars belief. And now have a begging bowl out to anybody who can find the backing....

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Maybe the only 'positive' re Edwards situation is he could switch his 2022 season back to BRC ? He still has a bit of time yet to find backing before the first event of our Ch'ship...

Nice to hear Chris Ingram today saying he wants to do a UK event to stay sharp in the break until he does Rally Croatia. He even suggested the NW Stages !

Good battle in Galway with Meirion Evans talking it to the Irish crews early on.

Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I honestly don't know what their strategy for the sport is; if they have one.
    I think for me this is the principal concern. While Dave Richards probably personally could afford to make a meaningful change to the fortunes of British rallying, it's probably unreasonable to expect a great act of philanthropy. Without any big bang/buck action, it's hard to see how the sport's trajectory can be radically altered at this point, particularly when there doesn't seem to be a road map at all.

But if nothing else, I'd expected that Richards would have been a vocal advocate and campaigner for rallying. Some of the characters on BRF would have us believe that MSUK are doing great things behind the scenes, but those that deep within the bubble of rallying probably appreciate there being an even more exclusive bubble within it, that only those who have known Richards since they handed him a timecard in 1977 can understand... But as it is, I can't demonstrably see that Richards has any great interest in the modern sport. Maybe like many others, he enjoyed what it once was, got plenty out of it personally, but has given up on it being anything of worth going forwards. Part of me thinks he gave up on stage rallying in general around 2012/3.

Which leaves it to Hugh Chambers. A qualification in "Ron[Dennis]speak" can only get the sport so far, evidently.
    Last edited by the sniper; 5th February 2022 at 15:02.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (6th February 2022)
    After Day 1 at Galway Rally. Good close times and a variety of stage winners.

#M-SPORTER