Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1422232425 LastLast
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    Was all looking good for Chris at service but had a puncture in SS4 and lost a lot of time - now rolled out on SS5. Gutted
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    Just managed one very foggy stage at Cropton today on the Malton Forest Rally. Quite a few offs on the previous stage at Gale Rigg made for some gaps in the order. Hugh Brunton seemed to be going well in his new to him Fabia R5 but heard that he's rolled it later on sadly. Both Petch and Payne Snr appear not to have started due to failing the noise check..

https://www.rallies.info/res.php?e=492

3. Likes: the sniper (6th November 2022)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAeOuZTW7Ew

The one time I didnt go to my favourite bend in Gale Rigg and all this happens! Been a while since they ran it downhill so guess thats why it caught so many out.

5. Likes: AndyRAC (8th November 2022),lancia037 (8th November 2022),the sniper (7th November 2022)
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VAeOuZTW7Ew

The one time I didnt go to my favourite bend in Gale Rigg and all this happens! Been a while since they ran it downhill so guess thats why it caught so many out.
    I wouldn't have expected so many to go off there, one of those corners where no one or everyone will go off though! Particularly sorry to see the Saab take a good bash, they regularly look to be peddling it quickly and put on a good show. I rather regret not heading up to Yorkshire for a third and final time this year, proper conditions for rallying!

Rather how much better it is to not run the same stage configurations year after year.
    Last edited by the sniper; 7th November 2022 at 21:05.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    Rather how much better it is to not run the same stage configurations year after year.
    This year pretty much the same stages were run as in ‘21; different order & Gale Rigg was slightly shorter and in the opposite direction this year. Otherwise no big alterations to the overall configurations…

https://www.rally-maps.com/Malton-Forest-Rally-2021

https://www.rally-maps.com/Malton-Forest-Rally-2022

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    This year pretty much the same stages were run as in ‘21; different order & Gale Rigg was slightly shorter and in the opposite direction this year. Otherwise no big alterations to the overall configurations…
    The corner shown hadn't be run that way since 2017, I believe. One of the few bits that was unfamiliar and half of them went off...

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Yes I suppose running in the opposite direction makes it as different as the Riponian or Trackrod configuration

I know that corner really well and unless I find anywhere else I prefer want my ashes scattering there after I pass! Lots of great viewing there and a scrape with that ditch aswell, going uphill though!

It does sharpen quite quickly and was obviously very slimy on Sunday as wasnt used by the Trackrod as they havent been up that bit of stage for quite a while now. The Riponian used it uphill and then veered off at the top to go downhill to loop round back into the woods.

The videos Ive seen reminded me of one of those Finnish crash films with so many cars off and someone with a tow rope. If its used next year everyone and their gran will be there.

11. Likes: the sniper (8th November 2022)
    Liked 30 Times in 16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    I know that corner really well and unless I find anywhere else I prefer want my ashes scattering there after I pass! Lots of great viewing there and a scrape with that ditch aswell, going uphill though!

It does sharpen quite quickly and was obviously very slimy on Sunday as wasnt used by the Trackrod as they havent been up that bit of stage for quite a while now. The Riponian used it uphill and then veered off at the top to go downhill to loop round back into the woods.

The videos Ive seen reminded me of one of those Finnish crash films with so many cars off and someone with a tow rope. If its used next year everyone and their gran will be there.
    I know from watching an onboard it sounded like the note providers had cautioned the corner plenty so wasn't as if crews were unaware of the hazard going into it. I suspect if ran same direction next year there could still be plenty of drama there.

Reminds me of a corner in Hamsterley Forest where despite being a very long walk spectators with tow ropes gathered. Because if running downhill it would always catch people out.

13. Likes: Sal yet again (10th November 2022),the sniper (25th November 2022)
    Seen a few court with the ditch on the downhill in the past but when I walked back up the hill after the Trackrod the surface seemed a bit different to I remember it so maybe on the day that played a part.