Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post

At this point the delays are unprofessional at best.
    I don't know why a delay would be considered "unprofessional". Being unprofessional would be rushing into judgment and making a decision without all the facts and evidence. With what is at stake, they actually need to get this right and fair manner.

IMO, whether Lewis gets a penalty or not - should be based on whether Hamilton was getting an advantage. I assume part of the delay was Mercedes wanting to present evidence that whatever the magnitude of the violation, it would not provide him an advantage. Mercedes just needed time to get the data together.

Maybe even wanted to get Albon to do some test runs for them to show it wouldn't matter.

Option 2 is I guess that Mercedes might have seen Max touch Hamilton's car and wanted time to dig up video evidence and argue Max somehow mess up his DRS system. I think this is more far-fetched.
    Last edited by F1nKS; 13th November 2021 at 15:53.

Max has been fined 50,000 and found he did not cause any damage. Stewards considered that as a mitigating factor

This general tendency has been seen as mostly harmless and so has not been uniformly policed.
    But are warning if you violate this rule

The Stewards further note that it is intended that all teams and drivers take
    notice that future breaches may incur different penalties from the Stewards of those
    events

Stewards disqualify Hamilton.

Car 44 is disqualified from the results of qualifying (Art. 12.4.1 m of the FIA International Sporting Code)

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    It looks like a disqualification for Lewis is inevitable at this point. They hammered Max fairly hard for something that has been done in the past unpunished.

I guess they are just getting ready for the riots when Lewis is disqualified from qualification. Obviously once they determine Max did no harm they know without doubt that the Mercedes just failed the technical regulation.

Some sources are reporting that video might have been taken from Alonso's car to prove that Max touched the Mercedes.

I'm glad they're going to great lengths to prove or disprove things but I still think this could have all been dealt with yesterday.

I'm sure the verbal battles will continue for a week or so.....

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Stewards disqualify Hamilton.
    It looks like you beat me to the punch on that one while I was typing the one that follows.

My next step was to check for updates on what they did to Lewis and Mercedes. You saved me a couple steps!

Overall though it's really a shame that such a close championship is going to have something like this thrown into play right at the end of the season. The chances of Hamilton taking the title just reduced drastically. I'm sure some heads will roll at Mercedes.

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts

Bam!!
    May the forza be with you

Toto to Bottas: You need to be a little more aggressive in your breaking point this race.

Bottas: How aggressive?

Toto: 5 m after you make contact with Max car

Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    It looks like you beat me to the punch on that one while I was typing the one that follows.
    I was being a "refresh monkey" on the FIA decision website. I knew it had to be coming soon.

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    very unfortunate for hamilton, but it seems the car was indeed illegal.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    They had to get this right .

Max was an idiot for touching the car .
    Even if the penalty is peanuts to him , the hassle will surely keep him , and likely all the others from ever being that stupid again .

If it was obvious that Max didn't do more than touch it , then Merc simply screwed up , unless they had some kind of break in the flap system .
    There are a few bumps around the circuit which could cause complicated bits to bust .

How it happened is a bit irrelevant , though , as it is a clear measurement failure .

As I see it , it seems that this was not in the plan .
    I'd check the branding on that testing rig with the force gauge to see if the makers name is Aesop Inc .