Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Just a short time ago , they mentioned on the telecast that the FIA still have the offending wing .
    So , it seems that the "fact" that it was broken at all may still be an assumption .

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DE SÃO PAULO 2021 - PRACTICE 2
    12 14 Nov 2021 Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ractice-2.html

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DE SÃO PAULO 2021 - SPRINT GRID

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....rint-grid.html

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DE SÃO PAULO 2021 - SPRINT

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....t-results.html

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    I have to say learning about Hamilton's disqualification and that it was actually wing damage and not anything of intent or error on the part of Mercedes- I can't believe they gave him a penalty- this a dangerous stupid precedent.
    We have not yet heard the FIA's detailed reasoning behind their decision and so we are taking Wolfs word for it that the FIA actually agreed that there was no performance advantage.. and actually a disadvantage.
    How could Merc possibly prove that, especially after taking pole? I'm not convinced.

As Bagwan its a precedent that could go both ways with parts being designed to fail so I think I'd need to know the facts in a lot more detail before forming an opinion on this.

Liked 644 Times in 509 Posts
    Great start by "The Boss"

'noda!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts
    More debris.... Perez is toast soon

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    We've witnessed one of the greatest drives of all time today and yesterday - amazing from Lewis.

Can't understand why Max didn't get a penalty - smells of bias to be honest- it seems he opened the steering mid corner.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 14th November 2021 at 17:46.

7. Likes: truefan72 (14th November 2021)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Fantastic race and fantastic drive by Lewis.. Kudos to Merc for giving him the tool to do that.
    Max tried everything to stay in front but the performance difference was so huge that it was just a matter of time.
    I'm also surprised that Max wasn't given a penalty, looked pretty blatant to me. I'm guessing the telemetry must have told a different story.

Best race of the year so far? Must be up there.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    I love how all the Sky F1 guys keep talking about how fast the mercedes is, and how quick the mercedes was this weekend etc., etc. etc.
    When the truth is, it was Hamilton who was fast and not necessarily the mercedes per say.
    If the car was as quick as they think then the mercedes should have had a 1-2 in Friday Qualy
    And Bottas would have sprinted away from Verstappen in the sprint race, which he barely won over Verstappen
    And Bottas would have closed up and passed perez, then passed Veratappen in the race.
    And bottas would have closed the gap to Verstappen with 14 laps to go with fresher tires and overtook Verstappen at the end.
    The simple truth is that Hamilton was on another level this weekend. Including adjustments he made after Friday FP1 and in FP2 on Saturday. Because He took pole by .4sec from Verstappen and Bottas. Which means the pace was relatively the same.
    This weekend, Hamilton was unstoppable. Between his racecraft, adjustments, and in race decision making, he managed to make the mercedes look unbeatable.
    bottas, didn't.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Yeah , Max escaped without penalty , and was pretty lucky to do so .
    It looked a little ugly to me .

So , if that wing actually cost him time in qually , when he was already 4 tenths ahead , how fast is that thing ?

It seems that Red Bull is genuinely surprised at this speed they have suddenly found .
    But , I'm not .

That said , it was a stunning show from Lewis all weekend , who leaves Sao Paulo without a scratch on his car .
    The whole gambit relies on him driving just as he did today , recovering a 25 place deficit to win .

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    If it is actually wing damage, then it would suggest they are trying to fix who wins the championships. Objectively, a team should not be punished for parts failure if it did not present a dangerous situation.

I always said this season smelled of a fix from the start. There is a rotten smell in the air of premeditated efforts to see Mercedes not win one or both of the championship titles.
    Your fkn nuts man.