Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    ^ Agreed.

I don't think it would surprise me if they somehow make Max's penalty more severe of the two, in the interests of the circus show.

2. Likes: Mia 01 (13th November 2021)
    Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Wait !
    How can this be ?
    Cheating maybe?

Lewis , 4 tenths ahead ?
    Isn't this a Red Bull track ?

What is going on ?
    Cheating

Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    ^ Agreed.

I don't think it would surprise me if they somehow make Max's penalty more severe of the two, in the interests of the circus show.
    This would be typical of the FIA

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DE SÃO PAULO 2021 - PRACTICE 1
    12 14 Nov 2021 Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ractice-1.html

FORMULA 1 HEINEKEN GRANDE PRÊMIO DE SÃO PAULO 2021 - QUALIFYING
    12 14 Nov 2021 Autódromo José Carlos Pace, São Paulo

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ualifying.html

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    The delays make it look like a clown show IMHO. Either the wing was legal or was not. If Max did touch the car it is either a violation or not. Either or both penalties should be decided within minutes really.

It makes it look like they are milking it for the publicity, or pondering who to punish how for the sake of the championship titles. There should already be precedents in place for either of the alleged violations.

AFAIK there is only the one video with Max "touching" the wing, and it's hard to tell if he does. Hard to say if any data streaming off the Merc might catch it, or the cameras. It looked to me like he was checking out the mirror or something in that area as well.

But I'm sure either way it will stir things up regardless of what is decided.
    Agreed. If it's an infringement it's an infringement but I really don't think touching the wing of a competitors car warrants a penalty.

Hamilton on the other hand should be automatically excluded from qualifying. There is precedent. It's a shame, I was really looking forward to the sprint race between the two but it's either legal or it isn't, there's no in between.
    Last edited by The Black Knight; 13th November 2021 at 09:12.

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe1888cfc View Post
    Cheating
    No I doubt it. It does explain why Bottas was suddenly so strong in qualifying recently. His spate of engine penalties have him that extra boost compared to Hamilton.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Haha you guys are beyond biased. This is where this forum has jumped the shark. So let me get this straight. Hamiltons car was summoned to the stewards because there was a very minor infraction to his rear wing drs system that was off by millimeters in all likelihood because max Verstappen touched and probably tampered with his rear wing and then had his mechanic call for an investigation ( i mean who bloody touches the competitors rear wing in parc ferme like that???) with that new evidence max and the mechanic have been called into the stewards…and the general takeway from you lot is that max tampering with hamilton’s rear wing is ok, but hamilton should be banned for said rear wing infraction caused by verstappen? Ridiculous.
    It is pointless to have any kind of discussion here anymore. A sad state for this forum.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Haha you guys are beyond biased. This is where this forum has jumped the shark. So let me get this straight. Hamiltons car was summoned to the stewards because there was a very minor infraction to his rear wing drs system that was off by millimeters in all likelihood because max Verstappen touched and probably tampered with his rear wing and then had his mechanic call for an investigation ( i mean who bloody touches the competitors rear wing in parc ferme like that???) with that new evidence max and the mechanic have been called into the stewards…and the general takeway from you lot is that max tampering with hamilton’s rear wing is ok, but hamilton should be banned for said rear wing infraction caused by verstappen? Ridiculous.
    It is pointless to have any kind of discussion here anymore. A sad state for this forum.

So Max somehow adjusted his competitors rear wing that is designed to take huge aero forces just by touching it?

That's utterly riduculous, I think you just fully displayed your own bias

10. Likes: gm99 (14th November 2021),Mia 01 (13th November 2021)
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Regardless of what has or hasn't been proven or disproven, it's obviously very messy behind the scenes as evidenced by the delay.

If there is absolute proof that Max touched the wing it might let Mercedes off the hook.

At this point the delays are unprofessional at best. No matter what they find they are casting doubt as to the process. While this is going on both Max and Lewis have no idea where they will be starting for the Sprint race. The head games have reached a new high, and at this point any decision will be controversial and disputed. At least everyone will have something to argue about for a while.

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post

Nice bit of satire. lol