Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by F1nKS View Post
    Wow - underperformance by Red Bull. Gasly almost beat the bulls. Again - throw the books out on this season. This was supposed to be RBR track but Mercedes locks out the front row.
    It seemed like they weren't as planted as the track heated up, and the Mercs were better planted with the heat. Max might have lost a shot at a better time with the Yuki/Sergio offs, but I don't think he could have challenged much more regardless. The car just didn't look hooked up.

Bottas absolutely beasted qually, those were some great laps he put in. The only downside to that is that if RB can stick with them tomorrow, swapping positions could be hard for Merc unless they do it at the right time. Either way, it looks like any real track dominance is out the window, and at least 4 cars are capable of being in the fight at the front. The first turn is going to be a tense one for sure, and hopefully all the frontrunners (and others) all make it out the other side in one piece and on track.

Looks like we might have a race on our hands.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by airshifter View Post
    It seemed like they weren't as planted as the track heated up, and the Mercs were better planted with the heat. Max might have lost a shot at a better time with the Yuki/Sergio offs, but I don't think he could have challenged much more regardless. The car just didn't look hooked up.

Bottas absolutely beasted qually, those were some great laps he put in. The only downside to that is that if RB can stick with them tomorrow, swapping positions could be hard for Merc unless they do it at the right time. Either way, it looks like any real track dominance is out the window, and at least 4 cars are capable of being in the fight at the front. The first turn is going to be a tense one for sure, and hopefully all the frontrunners (and others) all make it out the other side in one piece and on track.

Looks like we might have a race on our hands.
    Bottas and Verstappen in 3rd are on the rubbered side of the track. And we have seen the Redbulls have a better start than the Mercedes more often. Hence, Verstappen could very easily be in the lead before the first corner. Obviously depending on the defensive strategy that Mercedes have planned for the start of the race. I am sure they have planned for both cars to work together to prevent Verstappen from jumping ahead at the start.

But if Verstappen can manage a brilliant start, he may win this race from third on the grid. But the Mercedes manage to keep a one-two formation, then chances are that they would streak away and an intra-team fight for the lead would ensue. I hope they do not impose team orders so that it is a fair fight for the win. That said, Sergio may well sjump into the lead as both Mercedes are focusing on Verstappen.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 7th November 2021 at 11:14.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 22 Times in 17 Posts
    FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE LA CIUDAD DE MÉXICO 2021 - PRACTICE 3
    05 07 Nov 2021 Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ractice-3.html

FORMULA 1 GRAN PREMIO DE LA CIUDAD DE MÉXICO 2021 - QUALIFYING
    05 07 Nov 2021 Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Mexico City

https://www.formula1.com/en/results....ualifying.html

‘A terrible qualifying’ – Verstappen frustrated after Perez-Tsunoda incident thwarts pole ambitions in Mexico
    06 November 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...wns5tu3lv.html

WATCH: Ride onboard with Bottas as he takes a stunning Mexico City pole position
    06 November 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...SgPOUgW0H.html

Sainz surprised by P6 after struggling for rhythm – and with phantom engine issue – in qualifying
    06 November 2021

https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...tBTR6dWmi.html

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Merc has pole , with the right guy ahead , to give Lewis the tow into the first corner .
    Max will follow him through .
    It will be exciting .

With the potential impending replacement of a Merc lump , I think they'll want to win this one , just to be safe from Aesop's commentator's curse .
    That depends , though , on how far ahead they believe they are sitting , being that they just pulled 3 tenths on a "Red Bull" track .

"That was a very good bluff from Mercedes" , said Marko .

Is he starting to smell the truth ?
    Last edited by Bagwan; 7th November 2021 at 14:19. Reason: I felt like it .

Liked 673 Times in 470 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Bottas and Verstappen in 3rd are on the rubbered side of the track. And we have seen the Redbulls have a better start than the Mercedes more often. Hence, Verstappen could very easily be in the lead before the first corner. Obviously depending on the defensive strategy that Mercedes have planned for the start of the race. I am sure they have planned for both cars to work together to prevent Verstappen from jumping ahead at the start.

But if Verstappen can manage a brilliant start, he may win this race from third on the grid. But the Mercedes manage to keep a one-two formation, then chances are that they would streak away and an intra-team fight for the lead would ensue. I hope they do not impose team orders so that it is a fair fight for the win. That said, Sergio may well sjump into the lead as both Mercedes are focusing on Verstappen.
    At this point in the season I think it's a given that either team will use team orders if it helps their respective driver.

With the title battle this tight I don't think anybody can really blame them.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    All bottas had to do was to move left to give hamilton the tow and maintain a 1-2 but he gives max the tow instead. Bravo smh

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    you can't argue with results.

And had no defense for max either. Seemed to be more interested defending from Hamilton

Brundle “ they left him the racing line…” no
    Bottas left him the racing line

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    LOL, Bottas.....

Liked 185 Times in 149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Bit of a RB mess up.. but looks like Merc have also been sandbagging a bit lol.
    I wonder - could have Max been sandbagging in qualifying?