Liked 22 Times in 16 Posts

Nashville was, surprisingly, a good race

A major upgrade from the action in past years with much close racing, but also with much respect for the opponents. Well done.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    With getting married this year, retiring last week and transitioning into my business, I’ve had to watch most IndyCar races on DVR. But I caught Nashville and was really pleased with the action. This is kind of like the old days: when F1 was a borefest, I’d mostly watch IndyCar.

Glad you liked it too, Starter. How are ya doing these days?
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    With getting married this year, retiring last week and transitioning into my business, I’ve had to watch most IndyCar races on DVR. But I caught Nashville and was really pleased with the action. This is kind of like the old days: when F1 was a borefest, I’d mostly watch IndyCar.

Glad you liked it too, Starter. How are ya doing these days?
    Sounds like you are going to be busier than before you retired. I hadn't realized you got married this year. First time? Or like me, second?

We're doing well. Spent three weeks in Scotland & Wales in July. (I've now seen enough castles and cathedrals to keep me for a looong time.) But the countryside was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Used to be Starter View Post
    Sounds like you are going to be busier than before you retired. I hadn't realized you got married this year. First time? Or like me, second?

We're doing well. Spent three weeks in Scotland & Wales in July. (I've now seen enough castles and cathedrals to keep me for a looong time.) But the countryside was beautiful.
    First time around for me. Annnnd (no doubt) last time too.

Glad you had a chance to travel to Europe. Hopefully we’ll be able to meet up at some point next season.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

First time around for me. Annnnd (no doubt) last time too.

Glad you had a chance to travel to Europe. Hopefully we’ll be able to meet up at some point next season.
    Yeah, one MARRS event left in a couple weeks at Summit Point this year and then nothing on my schedule till next spring. We'll be doing a bit of traveling for fun - no racing involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Used to be Starter View Post
    Yeah, one MARRS event left in a couple weeks at Summit Point this year and then nothing on my schedule till next spring. We'll be doing a bit of traveling for fun - no racing involved.
    Other than a few car shows, we’ll go to the Victory Junction Camp charity event down at VIR on November 10. But after the Blueridge Rock Fest disaster, I guess they’ll still host that. AFAIK, the SCCA runoffs are still on for this weekend, but we can’t make it down to watch that.

Still hoping to make it up to Summit Point at some point in the near future.

Other than a few car shows, we’ll go to the Victory Junction Camp charity event down at VIR on November 10. But after the Blueridge Rock Fest disaster, I guess they’ll still host that. AFAIK, the SCCA runoffs are still on for this weekend, but we can’t make it down to watch that.

Still hoping to make it up to Summit Point at some point in the near future.
    I haven't been to the runoffs since they were at Road Atlanta the first time. For the same amount of money and time off from work to do a week at the runoffs I could go the 3 pro races. I always still did a bunch of SCCA stuff in addition to the pros though. I think one year I had 66 days on track and for about 10 years I had over 50 days each year. And people think other hobbies are addictive?!

8. Likes: Jag_Warrior (26th September 2023)
    I think one year I had 66 days on track and for about 10 years I had over 50 days each year. And people think other hobbies are addictive?!
    There was a time when that would have been my dream for retirement. Never saw myself getting married, so I was ready to just get a Border Collie the day after I retired and travel the country going to races. In the off-season? Well, I didn’t get around to that part of the plan.

Mrs. Jag_Warrior isn’t a racing fan and doesn’t know anything about cars (except that they have engines and wheels). She has gone with me to lots of races and car shows so far, but she’s clearly not as into it as I am. Now that I have more time on my hands, hopefully she’ll either continue tagging along… or accept that I’ll be going to race weekends without her. The way I see it, she knew how I was when she said “I do”.

Good luck with that. I'm lucky that I met my (current) wife at the track and she has done a bunch herself. First as a Flagger, then a Starter and now in T&S.

You found a good one then. My wife is a great person. She just doesn’t have my love for cars and racing. Well, nobody can be perfect, I reckon.

A very happy Thanksgiving to you, Starter, and all the race fans here.