Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    FFS

Protyre MUK Asphalt Rally Championship @AsphaltRallying

Unfortunately Stage 6 has been cancelled which means our live coverage won’t go ahead as planned this afternoon
    There will be live coverage from stage 8 with our other special stage team @SpecialStageuk
    #M-SPORTER

Kristian Sohlberg @Krisse_Sohlberg

Sorry to say, but how these @BRCrally events are organized is just amazing and really not in a positive way. You would think that a country with this history in rallying should have it tiptop. Its just so sad. So many things need to be sorted.
    #M-SPORTER

3. Likes: Sulland (29th May 2022)
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Any further details in what the organisation issues were?

Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by HKSjbg View Post
    Any further details in what the organisation issues were?
    There was a follow up from Kristian:

Its not wrong necessarily, 30s gaps between car ( safety), all stages late. Driver DSQ as drove stage with a puncture (price)., metal plates infront of haybells on chicanes.. Just in general my opinion..
    This is the thread: https://twitter.com/Krisse_Sohlberg/...67870563893253

I've never been convinced that public road rallying is quite the saviour of British rallying that some hope. Forest rallying has its issues that are well known, but British road rallying today comes with many stings in the tail, both in terms of costs and sporting integrity.
    Last edited by the sniper; 29th May 2022 at 07:18.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (29th May 2022),Fast Eddie WRC (29th May 2022)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I'd agree, too many people have thought 'closed road' events are the panacea to save the sport. In all honesty, it should have been done 15-20+ years ago; there are now issues that weren't there in those days with closing roads; increased costs, NIMBYS, etc

The then RACMSA were seemingly asleep, and not doing enough for closed roads earlier. It feels all 'too little too late'.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

8. Likes: the sniper (29th May 2022)
    Just seen this on eWRC re SS6 ...

Stage Cancelled due to Tractor blocking the stage.
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    Judging from this post on the event FB page from a local I trust the rally debrief is going to be interesting.

Having lived on the rally route for years before the very first rally, I can only say that this even is an absolute shambles, full-stop:
    1) Residents were not advised of what was happening/expected. In previous years we had letters and, generally, someone knocking on the door to explain things and answer questions. This time- not even a letter. Certainly nothing from the website (which is among the most poorly designed ones I have had the displeasure of seeing).
    2) Wholly inadequate signs advising of road closure set up weeks in advance (and, as it happens, how we found out that it was happening, given we had no letter/contact) which were hard to read and certainly did nothing to prepare anyone travelling these roads, whatever their reason for today.
    3) Signs threatening prosecution of trespass put on to private property without the common decency to alert residents. Oh- the irony of trespassing onto private property (yes- Scotland does have right to roam, but doing so onto a private garden with shelter on it is trespass) in order to threaten the landowner of trespass on their OWN land!
    4) "Officials" without a CLUE as to what is going on (this is not an assumption- this was from the "horse's mouth", as they say) to the point that they don't understand "The road is now closed" via megaphone and have to ask a colleague two minutes later (yes- they were that noisy, we had to listen to every word).
    5) "Officials" with no respect for residents, idling their vehicles and totally oblivious of their surroundings hours ahead of the rally (which, in itself isn't the issue- the noise level, however, was).
    6) Organisers not ensuring that spectators know what the score is regarding spectating on non-spectating stages, resulting in RESIDENTS having to advise would-be spectators that they cannot. Question? What stopped the "officials" from doing their job and stepping out of their vehicles to speak with the folk parked five metres behind them? Because the sparse and tardy wording on the website is ambiguous at best and I cannot blame those who have, in all the years the rally has been on, been allowed to spectate. The fault lies with the organisation.
    In closing- I think that the event no longer respects the spirit of Jim Clark's legacy, nor does it acknowledge the terrible events the last time which have caused so much pain and suffering to so many. From what I have seen, things have gotten markedly worse on an organisational level (though- this does absolutely not include the competitors, who have been exemplary this time around! My thanks to the drivers I have met on the mornings on our road- their consideration was greatly appreciated).

11. Likes: AndyRAC (29th May 2022),the sniper (29th May 2022)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    I really don't know what to say; reads like an absolute shambles/ disaster from an organisation perspective......

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Sounds like it's time to restrict tarmac rallying to private land and race tracks again. Any more closed road fiasco's like this just isn't acceptable.

Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Sounds like it's time to restrict tarmac rallying to private land and race tracks again. Any more closed road fiasco's like this just isn't acceptable.
    …or Northern Ireland and IoM where they know how to do it year on year.