Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,530 Times in 658 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    How many millionaires are involved in British rallying? I suspect there's more than we think; running an R5 car (now R2) can't be cheap. Saying that, they're millionaires because they don't give their money away. But it did get me thinking a while ago why none of them got together to fund a WRC/ ERC event. Yes, I know - fantasy world.....
    If only we had a multi millionaire who owed everything to rallying running the sport in this country! Oh, hold up...

2. Likes: AndyRAC (13th August 2022),HKSjbg (13th August 2022)
    Liked 403 Times in 251 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the sniper View Post
    …I'd asked the likes of Castrol, Halfords, Red Bull, ect, to (on the quiet) get involved with next to no financial input, just to associate the sport with big brands again and build from there...
    That brings me back to what I so often think; if the BRC can’t do it why can BTCC and BSB? (I’m assuming BSB is still as well supported as it used to be 10 or so years ago)

Is it simply the fact that there’s money to be had from having punters at a circuit all day?

4. Likes: AndyRAC (13th August 2022)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Both have a good media 'package' - whether live coverage on ITV/ITV4 for BTCC, or Eurosport for BSB; and then decent sponsors. And drivers/riders who want to be there - both championships are an end in themselves. If riders/drivers can move onto more global series, then fine. But they're not 'stepping stone' series.

And of course, both series pull in decent, healthy crowds, with stalls, food, etc And quite often, you can make a weekend of it by camping, etc

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Seems Cronin has won the Grampian - crucial result with the dropped scores.

Pryce took 2nd place back from Bell.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 13th August 2022 at 15:54.
    #M-SPORTER

Looks like Bell has had a slow time on the final stage...drops to third; but not confirmed yet.

Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    Congrats to Cronin. Being selfish hope there is still a fight going on that sees most if not all of the Championship crews come to Yorkshire as a badly planned 30th wedding anniversary will see me out of the country for the next round!

Liked 9,356 Times in 4,971 Posts
    Shame for Bell to have a small off on the final stage but glad for Pryce that it meant he got 2nd place back.

Bell is impressing and good for the BRC that we have another driver capable of challenging. Pity Pearson and Pritchard dont seem to be able to do so yet.

Can't help but feel that Osian's DSQ on the Jim Clark is going to bite him.......He needs Keith to not score on a round.

11. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (14th August 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 210 Posts
    I enjoyed the Grampian despite only being able to leave Leeds at 5pm Friday Nice stages but a lot of rocks being dragged out by the time we got there, difficult tyre selection and stuck in dust catching cars towards the end of stages meant it wasn’t the best day ever. Still, managed to grab 2nd in our class after the runaway leader went off on the last stage.
    Apart from a few larger trucks in the service area, wouldn’t have known it was a BRC event to be honest. BRC really is a waste of time these days - better to put it out of its misery.
    If the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off!

13. Likes: AndyRAC (18th August 2022)