Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
That's what is so staggering; that rallies should be events - that's what virtually every other sport does. I don't know why BRC hasn't done this. It really beggars belief. It's either a lack of ambition, or as volunteers, they simply don't have the time for non rally activities. Which is why the BRC needs to be centrally organised.
Thanks for all the comments, good to know people tuned in!

In relation to the above it’s one scenario I was getting at and very much the cycling Tour concept (which admittedly is over a ten day or so period) and indeed the BTCC concept more so. Centrally organized / promoted but with input locally at each round etc. That way there’s a uniform package to sell to those concerned.

You can go from superbly promoted and run events to superbly run but invisible promotion. The latter is what drives manufacturers , sponsors, fans etc away as you no doubt heard.

BTCC, British GT, British Historic Rally, British Hillclimb, Etc etc all promoted and managed independently …why does msuk want to run BRC themselves ?

I think we’re at a real cross roads where if it’s not sorted in 12 months it’ll wither away and that makes me incredibly sad but even moreso frustrated.