Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,884 Times in 737 Posts
    Even doing two stages repeated 3 times would be better if they have to go with an easy option
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

2. Likes: WRC1 (13th October 2021)
    Liked 1,251 Times in 680 Posts
    Oh dear, what a massive let down. Agree with others, last year could be forgiven as it was short notice. This year they've been 1st reserve, and could/should have drawn up a better route. That the WRC Promoter are quite happy with the route, tells you all you need to know about how they see the sport.

What a way for the WRCar era to bow out.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

4. Likes: PLuto (13th October 2021),satnav (13th October 2021),TWRC (14th October 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Very disappointing indeed...I was expecting all Friday and Saturday to be in the mountains.

6. Likes: AndyRAC (13th October 2021),bisak (13th October 2021),dimviii (13th October 2021),Lead (14th October 2021),PLuto (13th October 2021),satnav (13th October 2021),TWRC (14th October 2021)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Disgusting route - made even worse because there are beautiful roads in the mountains. Hopefully this is the last we see of this event

8. Likes: bisak (13th October 2021),Kaps (13th October 2021),PLuto (13th October 2021)
    Liked 12,209 Times in 5,242 Posts
    Reactions in the service park have been mixed. There is plenty of sympathy on offer for the organizer, whose rally has been drafted into the calendar as a stop-gap measure for the second year in a row.

But that sympathy is tinged with disappointment.

“The track is a unique thing for us to do but in my opinion it’s not what rallying is, and not what rallying should be either,” said M-Sport’s Gus Greensmith.

“We’ve had 11 good rounds. I don’t know why we had to go to Monza, to the circuit. For me it doesn’t particularly make much sense.

“As much as it is a nice challenge, it’s not what rallying should be.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/how-t...a-rally-route/
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 335 Times in 203 Posts
    I just see registration is until 6th of November which is quite late (but logical as it was announced late).
    Maybe some surprises to come with such a late date, all the more as it is the last outing of this car generation but on the other hand, manufacturers may not want to invest time there so late in the season with so low «*real*» rally kilometers.

How many Hyundai drivers? 3, 4, 5? Loubet will not be there but they may rent a car to a client (Suninen?) and Solberg could appear in Rally1 also (the manufacturer entries probably being Neuville-Tanak-Sordo).

How many Toyota drivers? 3, 4, 5? A car for Lappi to give him some rythm but is it enough in such an event? Does it worth to send a car for Katsuta in a rally where it will be hard for him to do any result (even if not bad on circuit) and with so special stages?

A third M-Sport car as the car seems to be able to be a little more competitive on tarmac? Why not for Mikkelsen which does not need to make WRC-2 or ERC? Toyota renting a M-Sport car for Lappi (cheaper and less time consuming than sending a car by themself)? Gryazin? Don’t see Rossi as he was not there last year.

For the championship, except mechanical failure, I don’t see Evans in position to win with Ogier needing 3th overall or 4th overall+5th in PS and Monza looks like a best comfort-zone for Ogier; I think we will see a steady Ogier with no big risk even if he may clinch the title in the power stage only. Would be a real surprise if Evans succeeded in changing the situation.
    For the manufacturer championship, Toyota just needs one driver to finish (even behind M-Sport and two 2C Hyundai) so even less interest.

The main battle should be WRC-3 between Kajto and Rossel (hoping he can have the finance for it) with maybe Lindholm disturbing the game.
    Last edited by Danny0405; 17th October 2021 at 17:06.

Liked 41 Times in 11 Posts
    I have a problem... well not a real problem, but maybe someone is able to help. I may have a possibility to visit Rally Monza, but only SS 10 (San Fermo 2) and even that would require some changes in my existing plans. I am happy to adjust as needed to be able to see this generation WRC cars for the last time, but looking at route map it seems that it may be very difficult to get into SS 10. I don't actually mind if it is start, finish or in the middle of the stage, but would anyone have any idea if this is possible? I think part of the stage was driven in Rally Prealpi Orobiche this year, but don't know if this helps anyhow. So far I haven't seen any public areas on Rally Monza website and the problem is that I really need to have my plans ready quite soon. Any ideas are welcome. Thank you.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Oliver Solberg with WRC Hyundai again

Liked 3,795 Times in 1,982 Posts
    Well one simple look on that is that spareparts and rebuilds for current i20 WRC are "sunk costs" already, with likely little use afterwards, so might as well use them up. In the end it could be cheaper than running the Rally2.

The negative is certainly getting involved in all the different setup variations even more (in Monza it will matter more than in Spain, specially if there's some weather).

Wonder who (if anyone) will run the second Rally2 besides Suninen, Solans maybe?

Liked 490 Times in 244 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Wonder who (if anyone) will run the second Rally2 besides Suninen, Solans maybe?
    Probably Andrea Crugnola